ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Good news. I'll have a nosey at the show. Hope no drama's happen enroute this time! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, some trunking would hide it all pretty well.

I have some spare too, if you need it Jord. It's blue though.

you want some conduit for that wiring? you know the ridged stuff with the split down it?

Yeah, some trunking would hide it all pretty well.

I have some spare too, if you need it Jord. It's blue though.

cheers for the offers, but ive got about 50 meters in various sizes that ive got from people...

just not wrapped any of it up yet, incase there are any probs....probably finish it today now the suns out!

Good news. I'll have a nosey at the show. Hope no drama's happen enroute this time! ;)

lol....10mph all the way this time.

nah, ive had it running alot since its been in 2-3hrs worth.....no problems yet

acrylic is just not mega mega gloss, just a hard wearing clear coat to protect the paint like

'92 172, Lotus Elise

th_revcounter.jpg

ignore my weak as fck idle

guess the screw worked then! nice...

picked up new front and rear disks today, gearbox now has oil in it, suspension back on, just need brake lines now....

picking wheels up tommorow hopefully, tyres going on and i might be able to give it a bit of a test :)

M

mini-valver

Mintness! Glad it worked in the end dude. You really shouldn't have been running it with no box oil in though, lol.

clutch down ftw...i was told it would be reet from quite a few people on here....it seems to have been lol

As mentioned earlier....new disks all round...

IMG_2671.jpg

Just waiting on lines at the moment....

Also, there is a slight issue with using the valver throttle cable on the 172 engine, its a bit too slack. I decided to make a spacer that would fit onto the standard throttle cable mount...

Take 1 x M18 bolt, then take a 12mm drill bit to it on the milling machine (12mm is the diamater of the cable housing at the end of the valver cable)...

Then enlarge the hole on the standard throttle cable mount to 18mm, put the bolt through, and secure with a nut...

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

Just needs a thin black nut for it now, the chunky one is just temporary :p

Throttle cable housing slots perfectly into the end, and is now extended by 2/3 inches, meaning the cable is nice and tight. Can also be adjusted as usual with the circlip it has... :cool:

320d

Glad to see it all come together. Your goin to be so bored when its finished after months of work on it. I don't know how you find the time along with uni and stuff.

im off to pick up my wheels shortly, putting the new tyres on while im there....

brakes on when i get back home, and itl be back on 4 wheels :)

yawn!

hes took the easy route and put the original engine back in :p

Ive still got all the interior to do yet, lol...more than a week!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Glad to see it all come together. Your goin to be so bored when its finished after months of work on it. I don't know how you find the time along with uni and stuff.

I second that! i'm in 2nd year of uni and have hardly any time for my car! :(

Great work mate, keep it up

Ian

Focus TDCi

I second that! i'm in 2nd year of uni and have hardly any time for my car! :(

Great work mate, keep it up

Aint seen him at uni for months, lol. ;) Glad it's nearing completion anyway mate, be good to have yet another NW car that I can't keep up with on the roads. :)

well more problems today, but as expected tbh......few pics first...

wheels back from powdercoating, 4x new t1-r's

IMG_2674.jpg

New front disks fitted...

IMG_2675.jpg

Lowered back onto the front wheels for the first time in months...

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

New disks and fresh calipers behind fresh wheel...

IMG_2682.jpg

All four wheels back on...

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

Nice view of inside...not even began looking at that yet...

IMG_2694.jpg

And one last one...

IMG_2695.jpg

Anyway, onto the problems....

Went to bleed the brakes, following burps handy guide as I did last time, and the time before, etc etc....

Started at the rear, pumping the brakes for england, no fluid coming through at all....so ive no idea about that yet...left it for today...

Next problem....when i went to start it today, it didnt want to keep running, would attempt to fire into life, then cut straight out....After a long while, i got it to start by holding full throttle on while cranking, and it fired up.....ran for a few mins, then cut out....

Next time we attempted to start it, the lad who i asked to put the jump leads back on, touched them together by accident once they had already been connected to the car...massive spark....god knows...

Now, ever since that happened, I can get the car started, but when the jump leads are removed itl cut out....(Yes, ive checked all fuses, etc)

To keep it running once leads are removed I have to rev it, if its left to idle by itself, itl idle for 20 secs then try to cut out, like there is a lack of fuel....

So unclipped the feed for the fuel rail, alot of pressure behind it....put it back on, primed the pump a few times again, then popped the connector back off, same amount of pressure, so its getting fuel ok...

Anyway, I took it down the street and back slowly, as I only had the handbrake as a brake (shitty bleeding fail)....1st gear only, putting my foot down did nothing, just like one massive hesistation, nothing happens....

Although, if im stood still, and I rev it, it revs fine, no hesitation (as i have to rev it to keep it running)....

God knows!

ClioIIPhII DCI

wow man your mk1 is something beautifull... if only i could do something like that to my interior here in Portugal...Portuguese laws are really stricts about car...keep on the good work m8!