ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

1.4 8v!!

so does that mean it wasnt using the vvt i wonder

Only time the ECU has been touched is at the ECU Clinic IIRC, doubt the previous owner of the car it was in wanted that map....

Just hoping if I flash it with the standard software/map the immobiliser stays away

No idea....maybe when the immobiliser was removed at the ECU Clinic they flashed the wrong map onto it....beyond me!

aye i'd contact them first. If they cocked it up they should fix it. If you flash it to the right version and it loses the immobiliser you will have to pay again.

*apparently* flashing the map dosent have anything to do with the immobiliser, but the software may have, two different things I think?!

Ive sent an email back to the ECU clinic (contacted them earlier today), but i doubt anyone will admit flashing it wrongly to be honest.

ValverInBits

get it reflashed with correct .cal and report back ASAP. I expect ridiculous claims of warp speed 0-60 times! :D

Im waiting for someone with RSTuner knowledge into files to reply in my other thread lol

Flashed with the correct file yesterday (A300_35FF), and now the car wont start. Fuel pump primes, cranks over, just dosent fire into life.

Either one of two things has happened....1. The immobiliser has somehow come back (Unsure of how it was taken off, hardware OR software, dont know), or 2. Something else is not working somewhere.

I cant flash my original backup back onto it either, I get a security access error (The RSTuner VCI has locked itself again, so is not allowing Read/Write commands to the ECU)

Had to leave the car where I flashed it last night (work) and walk home, lol. Just got back here now in the hope I will get a reply off Henk at some point with some more info!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Oh erk!

Sound like the immobilisers back out to play!

Sounds like this ECU clinic may possible have to start looking at how they unlock the ecu's and find a solution to this conversion problem

I have already had a few replies off them after a few emails were sent, the first being how they acctually remove the immobiliser....I got a completely unrelated reply, obviously trying to avoid the point I was asking about it seems.

The second email was about the 1.4 8v map that was on it, and I asked could it have possibly been flashed with that by accident, the reply I got was 'its a possibility, Il have to check to see if any of the engineers remember doing it on monday'.

Useless.

Ive just sent a lengthy PM to paul@rstuning about immobilisers, weather they are hardware or software on the ECU itself....so we shall see. Thing is, ECU clinic was £150, if I have to spend a similar amount again I may aswell have done aftermarket in the first place :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

not a word I use often but I think its relevant for this! Bummer :(

ValverInBits
"

Ive just sent a lengthy PM to paul@rstuning about immobilisers, weather they are hardware or software on the ECU itself....so we shall see. Thing is, ECU clinic was £150, if I have to spend a similar amount again I may aswell have done aftermarket in the first place :(

Fark that. The ECU clinic can take the immobiliser off it again for free doing it right this time! (if it is a software imobiliser that is)

Saying that, if its software, they managed to put the complete wrong one on....the 1.4 crap.

For all we know yet, Matteh's might have some random map on too, his was done at the ECU clinic, with his 6k cold and 6.6k warm limiter....Im sure we will find out today though once hes tried a few things.

Saying that, if its software, they managed to put the complete wrong one on....the 1.4 crap.

For all we know yet, Matteh's might have some random map on too, his was done at the ECU clinic, with his 6k cold and 6.6k warm limiter....Im sure we will find out today though once hes tried a few things.

I hope that's not their modus operandi, my PH2 one was done there, not run it up yet :S

Who knows....ive no idea whats going on now! Apparently the ECU is now immobilised again (as rstuner cant read half the stuff, nor can it write to it), and I dont have a spare etc.....Stuck with no car :(

Ive had the casing off the ECU....the immobiliser must have been removed by software only. The board is 100% intact, no changes or anything been touched...

So basically now I know that it is the immobiliser that stopping the car from starting. Cant do anything now as I cant flash the original (de-immobilised) map backup onto the ECU, due to the immobiliser being active!

Anyone got an Omex for sale? lol

Think hes out testing a set of clocks that are untouched at the moment to see what the actual limiter is at.....hopefully find out shortly!

hopefully geesus will let me know about his emulator trick....im hoping that will mean the immobiliser is sorted via hardware so it can be mapped whenever and wherever without re-activating the fooking immobiliser too!

alien green rs133

hopefully geesus will let me know about his emulator trick....im hoping that will mean the immobiliser is sorted via hardware so it can be mapped whenever and wherever without re-activating the fooking immobiliser too!

soooo glad i am gonna be using stand alone ;)

R5 GTT

On a phase 1 172 ECU I have been told the only way around the immobiliser is by fitting an emualtor which Paul @ RStuning done on mine and it works no probs. I have also since had my ecu re-flashed with a Group N map aswell with no problem.

Couple of pics where the emulator is soldered to if of any assitance.

IMG_4870.gif

IMG_4872.gif

IMG_4874.gif

Where is the emulator from james?

I may have found a way around it, i got the key/decoder ring/uch etc with the car, matteh has worked out a way that should work wiring it up to get it running again....going to try it shortly.

R5 GTT

Where is the emulator from james?

I may have found a way around it, i got the key/decoder ring/uch etc with the car, matteh has worked out a way that should work wiring it up to get it running again....going to try it shortly.

Paul @ rstuning supplied and fitted the emulator.

JDM Dc2

just signed up and not had chance to read up on anythin yet, you done much today jord??...