ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

RE your solder repair... My option would be to try and trace where that track goes from that test point... if it runs to an IC then solder there as it will be a lot stronger.

How thick is the wire you soldered on?

Glue might be ok but then if it doesn't stick it ain't going to do anything... Plus you might run the risk of IF the glue came off youd pull the track and pad up.

Obviously im just speculating here as I cant physically see the track etc etc.. just trying to cover all your options.

On a side note if you cant get anyone to repair it send it to me and il do iit in a few mins and send it back to ya... offers there if you want it :)

Yeah......well the pad thing its onto seems like its part of the backing, and the tracks just join to it (its silver, not copper)...seemed to solder better to it...

There is nothing touching it, the board technically 'hovers' in the casing....the wire is taped and the emulator board is also taped, so its not going to move, it was just regarding vibration etc (shouldnt be an issue though i dont think)...

Il put some glue over it (UHU) maybe...

With regards to the thickness of the wire, its tiny....24AWG maybe, cant remember what was printed on it off the top of my head...

'92 172, Lotus Elise

how does the speedo sensor work again??

:D

repetitive thread is repetitive.

Bumder With A Buffer

Try some uhu stuff over it yeah. 24 AWG should be fine then.. what you want to do is make the connection/circuit onto that test point but minimize the amount of stress that the pad on the ecu board/wafer s**t takes.

The thicker the wire the more stress will be on that pad as there is more force to pull on.

Just pop some glue over it.. im sure if its tapped down as well as you say then it should be ok.

Im guessing you have all ready done this but lay the wire down flat against the PCB board (or paper as it seems to be! Lol) If so put the glue along the sides of the wire and over the top of it but dont go over the pad you soldered onto.

This will give you added "rigidity" (that sounds like a quagmire word!) along the wire. That way if something goes tits up you still have the solder making the joint. If it was covered over the joint and the wire and a big vibration came it would rip the glue and maybe the joint up as well if you follow me?? Im sure it will be ok but just thinking about future vibrations. If you think its solid enough then jobs a good un in that respect :)

BMW M5 & E36

Chris... says (19:09):
must be a success?!
Jord says (19:10):
oh my god!!!!
i cant even explain how much faster it is!!!!! lol

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

well done for sorting it out! did you go out and drive it?

my 172 ECU had a 1.4 8v map on it...didnt realise until we tried to find out why the rev limiter was so low...

Ive only just managed to get it running on a 172 based map...

JDM Dc2

my 172 ECU had a 1.4 8v map on it...didnt realise until we tried to find out why the rev limiter was so low...

Ive only just managed to get it running on a 172 based map...

soooo is the limiter at 7+k now or...

JDM Dc2

no doubt jord will hit the limiter in every gear now hes finally got the right limiter haha

out of curiosity foxy what is the exact map you have put on??

CB0M Grp N

u gonna take me for a spin tmoz then ;) (please) lol...

depends if its rainin or not, ive just got drenched

be careful, 7.5k imho is a bit high for a standard engine, and no point either, my engine makes full power at 7.2k so a standard one probably about 6.5k

not had to hit the limiter yet....more than enough power below 7ish k :)

Mint!!!

Just read the last 10 pages. Hero.

Just in time for Sunday ;)

maybe....the sunroof is an epic fail, puddles everywhere inside

There is no group n one...its just named that? And I mean what file in particular on the fastchip site...

http://www.fastchip.nl/content/view/33/27/

http://www.fastchip.nl/content/view/32/27/

CB0M ;) none of this electric throttle malarky lol

th_MOV00426.jpg

Quick blast, spins far to easily....i take it upto about 65ish jellybeans in 2nd, letting off the throttle half way through to try and stop it spinning, then on in 3rd and change into 4th and past 100 jellybeans....

Crap video but there you go :rasp:

This took place on my newly constructed jellybean private raceway.

JDM Dc2
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

god damn it. The secrets you keep from us are just SOOOOO annoying.

Guess: You've bought a mizn JML screen wipe?

bit of a blast fromt he past post but i need something to demist my screen rather quickly, what is a mizn JML screen wipe and where can they be bought??...

awesome that means i dont have to trust you with my car whilst i'm away then ;)

i feel a duel coming on!!!

Ive hardly driven it, seats are soaking wet from the sunroof gotta fix it this morning!