ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Did some data logging on my way out before, to work out 0-100mph times and other stuff......graphs + data coming soon :D

Done some proper speedo videos too first thing today....uploading atm.

JDM Dc2

Did some data logging on my way out before, to work out 0-100mph times and other stuff......graphs + data coming soon :D

Done some proper speedo videos too first thing today....uploading atm.

c'mon vids...lol

Average 0-100mph time over 3 runs back to back was 11.34.....data and graphs soon!

From my data......just copied as I cba formatting

----------------------
Log Time -------- Vehicle Speed (Kmh)
243.0 secs ------ 0
248.1 secs ------ 100
----------------------
Time: 5.1 secs
----------------------

----------------------
341.5 secs ------ 0
346.3 secs ------ 99
----------------------
Time: 4.8 secs
----------------------

----------------------
469.5 secs ------ 0
474.3 secs ------ 98
----------------------
Time: 5.8 secs
----------------------

Average: 5.23 secs.

The last one has wheelspin, other two had slight bit too, but ive tried to take that into accoutn where the speed rises and drops again (then took that time) in excel.

But there you go, not the most accurate but it cant be far off that tbh!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Average 0-100mph time over 3 runs back to back was 11.34.....data and graphs soon!

nice although an avarage of 11.34 seems abit too quick. that would put it around an 11.5qtr which just is'nt possible in its current spec

It works out as 13.1 qtr with some clever maths from Matteh, As i had only travelled 319 meters when I hit 160kmh. I crossed the 402 meters (qtr mile) at 171kmh.

Im obviously not like some on here that will say oh yeah my cars done this, because obv it needs to be done at pod/a proper strip....BUT...we are just doing maths from data and live logs!

JDM Dc2

0-60 5.2 thats rather impressive, how do you do the data logging stuff anyway? could it be done on mine then??...

Audi TT 225 Quattro

It works out as 13.1 qtr with some clever maths from Matteh, As i had only travelled 319 meters when I hit 160kmh. I crossed the 402 meters (qtr mile) at 171kmh.

Im obviously not like some on here that will say oh yeah my cars done this, because obv it needs to be done at pod....we are just doing maths from data and live logs!

still far to quick lol, tell matteh to stop dreaming;) at a bloody push id say 13.8 at the most, although it will probably be 14.0 ish imho. im basing this on most mk1's hybrids getting low 14's in std f7r form. cliolord/martin have done 13.1's at speeds of around 108mph but they have itbs;)

still far to quick lol, tell matteh to stop dreaming;) at a bloody push id say 13.8 at the most, although it will probably be 14.0 ish imho. im basing this on most mk1's hybrids getting low 14's in std f7r form. cliolord/martin have done 13.1's at speeds of around 108mph but they have itbs;)

Yes im aware of the other cars ;) dreaming, its maths....want the data haha?

Its going to be high 13's - 14.odd in real life situation, dependant on the day, start, car, driver etc!

We all know about the F7R ITB'd lot over on C16V moaning at F4R's are crap bla bla bla, but I really could not give a crap lol....Ive had my time with my F7R'd hybrid, and IMO this engine pulls/revs far far better than that ever did!

Going to get the car weighed this week.....We shall see ;)

forgot to ask jord, u fitted the filter yet??...

Nah

'92 172, Lotus Elise

the maths doesnt lie lol

the only innacuracy that can arise from the results (assuming rstuner etc is all fine) is a 'wrong' tyre size, throwing out the diff speedo drive ratio. (i.e. on 17z with balloon tyres, he'd be going a lot quicker at a certain diff speed than being on 14s with low profiles)

i can't be arsed to work that out :D

Inaccuraccy could also be a fooked speedo cable...wheelspin sending the speedo cable out slightly....and more probably?

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Yes im aware of the other cars ;) dreaming, its maths....want the data haha?

Its going to be high 13's - 14.odd in real life situation, dependant on the day, start, car, driver etc!

We all know about the F7R ITB'd lot over on C16V moaning at F4R's are crap bla bla bla, but I really could not give a crap lol....Ive had my time with my F7R'd hybrid, and IMO this engine pulls/revs far far better than that ever did!

Going to get the car weighed this week.....We shall see ;)

Nah

well that data is wrong i promise;) actually getting anywhere near 13's at pod is bloody hard, on the road it probably will do as its alot easier to launch. id be very happy for you tho if it does do a 13 as so far none of the f4r lot have done it in a mk1. best so far was 14.1 i think by some fella called wayne. think the yellow one also run when std and got 14.5....

i reckon it will weigh in around 850kg's;)

by the way im not having a go so please don't take it the wrong way:cool:

well that data is wrong i promise;) actually getting anywhere near 13's at pod is bloody hard, on the road it probably will do as its alot easier to launch. id be very happy for you tho if it does do a 13 as so far none of the f4r lot have done it in a mk1. best so far was 14.1 i think by some fella called wayne. think the yellow one also run when std and got 14.5....

i reckon it will weigh in around 850kg's;)

by the way im not having a go so please don't take it the wrong way:cool:

hehe i know mate its all fun ;) you at brands on the 27th? :)

its a possibility I may have changed the cams by then too....shall see!

[youtube]An7nWOV2xcE[/youtube]

Click the HD button for HD....runs 2 and 3 are the best....most of them are upto 7k....i dont dare rev it past that yet!

Audi TT 225 Quattro

hehe i know mate its all fun ;) you at brands on the 27th? :)

:D

mate i won't be missing brands for the world, really can't wait abit like a kid at christmas lol

Matteh : you coming brands aswell mate? i know you wont be driving but you should pop up to see everyone and get some free passanger rides. i'll take you out in mine and convert you back to F7R power:rasp:;)

:D

mate i won't be missing brands for the world, really can't wait abit like a kid at christmas lol

Matteh : you coming brands aswell mate? i know you wont be driving but you should pop up to see everyone and get some free passanger rides. i'll take you out in mine and convert you back to F7R power:rasp:;)

haha...

cool. Will see you there then :cool:

'92 172, Lotus Elise

lol i might do! does it cost anything to be a passenger? do i need a helmit?

f0xy, we be cool to do some side by side videos of yours vs mine

i.e. fully stripped vs interior, group n vs 1.4 map (lol), 16v box (short than a 172 ph1 box) vs diesel box

be funny to see how quickly yours disappears :D

TVR Cerbera

it should easily run 13's, i'd say low ones at that. if my cup can do it, your 172 mk1 should be able to too. FYI, i'm running 980kgs fully stripped and anywhere between 211 and 240 bhp (depending on the RR!)

JDM Dc2

just watched the vids, i hope hey were on private roads haha, what was the rpm at 130mph? did it have alot left init??...

JDM Dc2

it should easily run 13's, i'd say low ones at that. if my cup can do it, your 172 mk1 should be able to too. FYI, i'm running 980kgs fully stripped and anywhere between 211 and 240 bhp (depending on the RR!)

im at 890kgs ;), lol but nowhere near as much power as 172s etc...haha

lol i might do! does it cost anything to be a passenger? do i need a helmit?

f0xy, we be cool to do some side by side videos of yours vs mine

i.e. fully stripped vs interior, group n vs 1.4 map (lol), 16v box (short than a 172 ph1 box) vs diesel box

be funny to see how quickly yours disappears :D

defo!

Passengers are free IIRC! Yes you need a lid...lend one or £10 to rent....

we shall see....hopefully go sometime soon!

just watched the vids, i hope hey were on private roads haha, what was the rpm at 130mph? did it have alot left init??...

Itl top out at 151GPS @ 7500RPM with my box....thanks to Matteh's excel gearbox caluculator majig

Audi TT 225 Quattro

lol bit of a power difference between the 2, your 70bhp up even if he is 130kgs lighter. id be very shocked if you was'nt pulling 13's in a tb'ed cup.

Matteh come along mate, it brilliant fun:D

TooneySonic has offered me his Shricks if his car dosent sell (so its 50/50 at the moment) as im going to put the standard items back in for him if there is no interest.

He had decat+map @ rstuning and few other bits with them in, made 192bhp....If I get them, hopefully I can get a figure around that :) and in the future after that....who knows lol

Audi TT 225 Quattro

TooneySonic has offered me his Shricks if his car dosent sell (so its 50/50 at the moment) as im going to put the standard items back in for him if there is no interest.

He had decat+map @ rstuning and few other bits with them in, made 192bhp....If I get them, hopefully I can get a figure around that :) and in the future after that....who knows lol

that would be a safe bet for hitting mid to high 13's, get them fitted:evil:

JDM Dc2

your car is a de-cat isn it? just need a map...

'92 172, Lotus Elise

LOL

just ran the old logs (with the 1.4 map) through the calculator...

one run was 15.7@95 lol

that map has totally transformed the car!

can't wait to get mine done :evil:

your car is a de-cat isn it? just need a map...

IIRC hes got matched inlets also...not a huge job for someone that does it as a service though.

Also...no it wont log data for your car.....Renault only unfortunatley!

LOL

just ran the old logs (with the 1.4 map) through the calculator...

one run was 15.7@95 lol

that map has totally transformed the car!

can't wait to get mine done :evil:

comedy :approve:

JDM Dc2

IIRC hes got matched inlets also...not a huge job for someone that does it as a service though.

Also...no it wont log data for your car.....Renault only unfortunatley!

:cry: lol ill have to wait till we go the pod then...

TVR Cerbera

lol bit of a power difference between the 2, your 70bhp up even if he is 130kgs lighter. id be very shocked if you was'nt pulling 13's in a tb'ed cup.

Matteh come along mate, it brilliant fun:D

i may have more power, but 130 kgs is not to be sniffed at, equivelent of about an extra 30bhp