ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

i may have more power, but 130 kgs is not to be sniffed at, equivelent of about an extra 30bhp

thats wrong mate, a standard valver wieght is 1000kg and 137bhp, so thats 13.7 for very 100kg

1hp for every 7.29kg, so your gain 1hp for every 7.29kg you lose, you would need to lose 218kg for 30bhp gain. 130kg is worth 17bhp/ton.

Does this thing move/rev above 6k now Jords??? Ace!!! Where is my lift???

rematch on thurs jord? make a vid for these lot to see how quick you are keeping up with me ;)

thats if i can do it - bloody lobstered myself today in the barca sun, ouch! hurts to move

rematch on thurs jord? make a vid for these lot to see how quick you are keeping up with me ;)

thats if i can do it - bloody lobstered myself today in the barca sun, ouch! hurts to move

if i win....cams for free yeah? :rasp:

race you for pink slips ;)

might make a trip over to TDI north mate and put it on out of interest.... never know might crack 200 pffffffttttt

TVR Cerbera

thats wrong mate, a standard valver wieght is 1000kg and 137bhp, so thats 13.7 for very 100kg

1hp for every 7.29kg, so your gain 1hp for every 7.29kg you lose, you would need to lose 218kg for 30bhp gain. 130kg is worth 17bhp/ton.

I was approximating, even so, i recon it'll weigh at lest 200 kgs less than standard. i was also going on my figures too, which could be a bit out ,as i gain about 2.3 bhp for every 10kgs i lose.

ok....done quite a bit today...

Wanted to figure out what he 'knocking' was when turning hard, car seemed to wobble and shift one way when turning corners....

Turns out balljoint on the passenger had come loose AGAIN, despite the fact its brand new, new bolts + locking nuts + washers. Ive no idea how it keeps coming loose from the wishbone, done it up mega tight this time with a second nut on too, just to 'double lock' it....

Anyway, tightened that up and it drives nice now.... Next I wanted to adjust the top mounts and suspension to reduce the amount of camber....Still not happy with the amount thats on, going to keep playing with it until I get it looking/sitting how I think it should be....

Raised the coilovers on the front 5 turns after it was catching slightly and cracked my wing on the Evo Triangle run, so thats sorted...

Last thing was to do a bit of painting on the bare metal where I had ground brackets out of the scuttle panel for the scuttle induction setup, to stop any rust forming...Going to fit the scuttle setup tommorow, so more updates then!

JDM Dc2

this car is fast, i recon its 0-60 in hi 5s...!! thanks for the ride jord!..

about half an hour ago jordan got beat by a measily red top corsa :D, maybe not haha enileated it tbf, believe they both hit 140 on the clock and still had more to give...

that corsa got owned.....the 172's 5k vtec kicked in y0 and pulled massively in 2nd and 3rd lol!

...few here from when we were doing the preperation for it....75mm hole cut in the bulkhead, there was also a bracket behind where the hole was cut (for the Aux fusebox)....we ground that off, then smoothed it and painted today to prevent rust etc..Bulkhead needs respraying around that area where the holesaw slipped, but be reet for now!

DSC00432.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

Bracket gone...

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

The elbow will be rotated, linked upto another 90* elbow, then open filter in the scuttle panel area.... The filter is a Pipercross sausage filter from a TVR Chimera, lol.

nah.....someone lent it off someone then lent it off someone lol, then I lent it ha

il invest soon dont worry, 12" minimum lol!

pics uploading at the moment....

got a slight (worrying) noise with the engine, just waiting for the video to process....i think its the dephaser pulley but shall see what people think

Got an odd noise coming from the cam pulley end of the engine, wierd rattle when it gets to 1700-2000rpm. You can hear it rattle twice every time its revved....

Dephaser or solenoid maybe?

[youtube]OpdEFOiCo6Q[/youtube]

hmmmm.

Megane R26

does this mean there will be 2 poorly sounding clio's heading to brands then? :(

I dont know, lol...the noise could have been there since ive been driving it, its just ive been checking over the engine bay today and noticed it (quite noticable when near it and revving gently)....

So im not sure, last thing i want is the dephaser failing though!

Scuttle Induction Pics...

Two 1*2 (Ph2) elbows... And a TVR Pipercross Filter

IMG_3112.jpg

One problem was the hole for the ICV (ph1), usually a crankcase breather on (Ph2s), was pointing in the wrong direction for what I needed....Removed the connector...

IMG_3117.jpg

Set it to where I wanted, sealed it back into place with tigerseal...

IMG_3119.jpg

Got two plastic couplers to join the elbows together, and the elbow to the filter...

IMG_3121.jpg

All fitted^, you can see the pipe/connector is now in the right position for the ICV...

IMG_3123.jpg

And how it looks with scuttle panel re-fitted...

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

nah, i should have got a pic of the scuttle panel, but where the filter is joined to the elbow its at the highest point, from there the scuttle panel structure slopes downwards away from the car to the wing (to drain water)....so technically the filter is 'floating'

106 GTI

would to 90deg elbows not cause a restriction though? I thought going 45 or straight was best

White Sti Hatch

Lovin this Jord, hope there no misshaps on the way to FCS this year !!!!

Lookin forward to seeing this either way !

would to 90deg elbows not cause a restriction though? I thought going 45 or straight was best

No idea tbh....not really that bothered, was just a test...

Alot run them on the f7p/f7rs, proven the most gains, but the throttle body is in a different position on those, they have like 45deg off TB, straight pipe, then 45deg/90deg in scuttle depending how how you want the filter to sit

Needed to get the filter out of the bay, gets stupidly hot with everything alot closer together, rad/block etc....