ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

It wont ;)

Technically everything is new component wise....master cylinder seems fine....suspension and tracking properly setup, spanner checked the whole bay/suspension yesterday and its all good...

So hopefully itl drive well for brands next wednesday!

Got a few things to tidy up later on, wiring mainly inside, but apart from that im happy for now lol!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

It'll rust to bits before it breaks down ;)

172 Race Car

Good news.

Did the car have abs orginaly? or are they the same master cylinders on all mk1's?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Pretty sure its an N reg so I'd say it probably did.

BMW M5 & E36

Grey hybrid didnt have ABS, but the blue one did. Which meant he couldnt use master cylinder from the blue Valver. I'd assume the 'beebop' didnt have ABS.

as said....mine didnt have ABS.....all non-abs master cylinders are the same we think over the mk1 range...

Went on a lengthy drive earlier, pedal is as it was when i first bled it so its defo sorted :)

Stopped for a few pics on my way home just then, spent the past 4 or so days finising stuff off for Brands Hatch on wednesday.

Finally got the suspension at a height im happy with on the front, camber setup, top mounts set and then the tracking sorted, drives nice now. Also swapped the master brake cylinder as mine was nackered, had to press the pedal 4/5 times just to stop! New one has sorted it all for good :)

Also finished a few other bits, tidied wiring inside, put the bullet camera on, fitted the front polycarbs etc. Scuttle Induction setup is now done with, its how I want so im leaving it, no more messy viper in the engine bay!

Hopefully the weather will be like its been over the past few days!

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

Leaving for brands tommorow, hopefully all will be well :)

Track valver + Ibiza FR

I bet you never thought you'd never reach this point but it's spot of matey!! Couldn't have a done a better job if you wanted to. Good luck with brands !

lol jams i had no idea it was you in with jord the othe day, just saw two heads bobbing up and down over the dashboard roffle

Track valver + Ibiza FR

lol jams i had no idea it was you in with jord the othe day, just saw two heads bobbing up and down over the dashboard roffle

LOL i didn't you recognised me but not to worry. the seats are that low i'm not surprised you didn't see me tbh. Your cup is nice and nippy with the cams i now isn't it. Anyway think it's time to stop spamming jords thread :approve:

JDM Dc2

i heard from jord earlier, hes meant to be leavin ryan k for dust lol, hittin 130 on the straight... all going strong...

106 GTI

cant wait to hear what he has to say, also wonder how the car did, looks to be going strong in the pic

car ran brilliantly. it did around 150laps over the day...700 miles from leaving my door and just arriving home.

Suspension setup wise it was pretty much good, back could do with going a tad higher, but the brakes were great and car drove well. Bar the blowing exhaust manifold it ran the same for the whole trip....was great!

Had some epic battles with Jay s out on track, and the other mk1's. Now the car has the correct map im sorry to say I was passing Mk2's quite a bit of the time, lol.

Had some good sessions out with D4ve (i think) behind me, also with Adamio (N17TWO?!) in front and me going past a few times on the 2nd/3rd straights....

Overall impressed with it, needs some tweaking...cage needs to go in. Engine seems spot on, it did 160odd miles on the circuit itself on 40 quid of fuel, so not too bad for a full day! Bullet camera failed, well I got one video, but whiteley got quite a few from behind me, so im editing that for him later...

More soon...

Had some good sessions out with D4ve (i think) behind me, also with Adamio (N17TWO?!) in front and me going past a few times on the 2nd/3rd straights....

Yeah that was me (S17 TWO), i know mine still needs proper mapping but i was suprised how quick all the Mk1's were.

Car looked great by the way

106 GTI

foxy when you say you need to raise the rear how do you know this?

just looks mega low with two people in it and it was a bit sketchy on some corners

Fantastic news, that sort of gives it a blessing that it has at least done a track day!

Many more to come I hope :)

Fantastic news, that sort of gives it a blessing that it has at least done a track day!

Many more to come I hope :)

FCS next, although im not going on track unless its being flogged for cheap on the day....

Ring in july, Cadwell august, Oulton september...and maybe one inbetween :approve:

Good lad, might have to ask for a go out in her if you go out at FCS :)

Btw, still needing the machine polishing? Naith is coming round on sat, welcome to bob over and Ill do them as a break from Naith's!

ah cool! aye...the windows are like having cateracts lol

Il let you know but il most likely pop round!

JDM Dc2

FCS next, although im not going on track unless its being flogged for cheap on the day....

Ring in july, Cadwell august, Oulton september...and maybe one inbetween :approve:

ill come on track then aswell, thatll be my first