ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Aye hope for the best for you fella

It runs :) BIG relief! but now I know my emulator or ECU is definitely knackered :( Just waiting for replacement emulator to arrive, if that doesnt fix my ECU then its got to be the ECU itself thats knackered!

Also.........

New emulator just turned up in the post. Fitted it to my ECU to replace the other, fired up first time! So that explains it. Just one dodgy emulator caused all this, god knows how it went though!

Least I can hopefully use my own ECU for oulton now, raised limiter ftw :)

Also.........

New emulator just turned up in the post. Fitted it to my ECU to replace the other, fired up first time! So that explains it. Just one dodgy emulator caused all this, god knows how it went though!

Least I can hopefully use my own ECU for oulton now, raised limiter ftw :)

slightly worrying... if you pop it in the post I can have a look, or have you retured it to the supplier in disgust?

glad to hear that you're up and running though :)

slightly worrying... if you pop it in the post I can have a look, or have you retured it to the supplier in disgust?

glad to hear that you're up and running though :)

PM me your address and il send it over, see what you can make of it!

I spoke to the supplier on the phone (he acctually produces them himself)...he said he doesnt know how its gone wrong, as its a read only chip that transmits 'OK' out to the ECU as long as its decoded/virginised...

Cant get my money back either as they only have a 3 month warranty ffs!

PM me your address and il send it over, see what you can make of it!

I spoke to the supplier on the phone (he acctually produces them himself)...he said he doesnt know how its gone wrong, as its a read only chip that transmits 'OK' out to the ECU as long as its decoded/virginised...

Cant get my money back either as they only have a 3 month warranty ffs!

PM sent. I have mine here, so I should be able to compare to see what's broken. I'm surprised the guy who made it didn't want to look at it, I would if I'd made it.

Yeah, oh well... maybe you will be able to shed some light comparing it to yours! :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice one, at least its fixed now. did you have to pay for the second one? can you send it back under warranty?

I had to pay for it yeah, another £36. I suppose its better than £75+VAT for a decode just to virginise another ECU though. Warranty is only 3 months on them as far as I can see, ive had it since the start of May :(

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

I had to pay for it yeah, another £36. I suppose its better than £75+VAT for a decode just to virginise another ECU though. Warranty is only 3 months on them as far as I can see, ive had it since the start of May :(

ah i guess that's not too bad then considering, but 3 months warranty is a bit pants!

Sort of, has a couple of PIC chips and some other gubbins (im guessing some type of circuit protection). The board isnt even an inch x an inch, its tiny. It just outputs an 'OK' code to the ECU, but the ECU has to be decoded/virginised for it to recognize the 'OK' code that the emulator is outputting...once it does, it will allow the car to start :)

Sort of, has a couple of PIC chips and some other gubbins (im guessing some type of circuit protection). The board isnt even an inch x an inch, its tiny. It just outputs an 'OK' code to the ECU, but the ECU has to be decoded/virginised for it to recognize the 'OK' code that the emulator is outputting...once it does, it will allow the car to start :)

single PIC, 5V supply, and clock. Simple hardware, squirts out a serial data stream. I powered mine up today and captured the data on a scope.

single PIC, 5V supply, and clock. Simple hardware, squirts out a serial data stream. I powered mine up today and captured the data on a scope.

This just keeps repeating...
clio172datastream.jpg

So is it just outputting data or a signal in hz?

Data, I *think* it's 0000 0100 0011 0001 1100 1011 it's coming out very slow though, something like 75bps, repeated every ~0.4sec

this is just the bare emulator, so there may be more chatting going on when the ECU is connected. I doubt it though, it's probably just the unique code that would come out of a key/car combo that a virginised ECU gets to recognise the first time it gets switched on.

Last edited:

a slippery Oulton Park survived on Friday 13th with no issues, must be doing something right :) Pics + Vids soon!

CLIO PH1 172

f++++ing love this car looks the part sounds the part is the part perfect imo!!

Still drives yeah, carried on driving it on track. It was 'only' costmetic damage, door/rear qtr/front wing/headlight/wingmirror...whole side hit the tyres/barrier