ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

172 sport
Re: Mk1 172 Hybrid Track Car Project

Both cars are looking and sounding well,I can see I am going to have to to put myself and my car on a serious diet now,if I am going to stand any chance of keeping up with you guys at some of next years trackdays:(

The Slippery Moments:

[youtube]iAxy6Q0a6A0[/youtube]

And the Spin from Whiteleys Car:

[youtube]inegVEFo6ks[/youtube]

Probably the least slippery outing:

[youtube]1Tr5J88kMUU[/youtube]

A slippery-ish outing, behind ValverJam in the White Mk1 for a bit:

[youtube]p-G6iYroe44[/youtube]

BMW M5 & E36

I was laughing at you all the way up the hill and had a slight moment through Druids because of it!

Focus ST-2

That's well lairy mate, you were lucky with both of those spins, cascades can be pretty hairy at times, seen some big shunts there!

Is the car not a little stiffly sprung for wet weather use?

I was laughing at you all the way up the hill and had a slight moment through Druids because of it!

The funniest bit was calling the marhshall over as the car wouldnt start, thought the battery was flat. Then by the time he had got over it had started lol.

And Andy yeah, its a possibility, although I have no adjustment in that. Dropped the tyre pressures slightly and it improved, but thats about as far as it went because it started pi**ing down again!

Mk1 F4R

looked good mate, only got a ride off jamie r and ther man in the cossie and that one didnt go to well as we hit a barrier woops

can i get a ride with you on tuesday and take my dad out and sh1t him up big time plz, Then ill take you round in the beast lol ;)

Nice vids

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Send the old man out with me :evil:

LMAO, if its anything like one of the outings i had with you he'll never get in another car again! I know it took me a while to pluck up the courage to go out on track. :eek:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R

loving the thrills & spills, looks like a cracking day out.

lovely cars.

Well, another Oulton down yesterday without any major problems. Coolant temperature gauge has stopped working but the wire has come off the sensor, so easy fix really. The track dried out nicely, and then got slippery again towards the end of the day...

Couple of pics from Riad/Alex H....probably more to follow along with some video :)

4112816473_d736830597_o.jpg

4113629196_2b997ca9d1_o.jpg

4113733824_d627a26509_b.jpg

4113796420_949c909f13_b.jpg

And thats it for the year. Hopefully coming off the road in the next few weeks for winter, so it can all be stripped down :)

Chav Rocket

yesterday passenger rides with f0xy was properly comedy, seeing a 172 head on and then the wall was jokes

Yeah, sliding round the first corner then having a 172 coming towards you at full pelt was quite an interesting moment LOL.

Early afternoon dry session, with Naith in the car. In front of Whiteley...

[youtube]zG0SoMkspoc[/youtube]

And from Whiteleys car...

[youtube]6D4_l1hhONw[/youtube]

Chasing Andyrg down for a few laps...

[youtube]K4Ur0RoDSbQ[/youtube]

Dry-ish session with some Meganes...

[youtube]utGrqcCMLg0[/youtube]

And the slippery bits ;)

[youtube]3q7wf_aZ4wY[/youtube]

lol at the facial expressions on those pics, s**ts and giggles

whats next? a decent gearknob? ;) x

R5 GTT EFI Clio.

Nice one mate, Car looks awesome in the pics.

Glad you got it running again, keep at it!

i posted this in the other oulton thread but i might aswell post it here :)

do you heel and toe under braking? because it sounds like you do.

Also how are your plates held on?

so you just dip the clutch and shift and lift up under braking. cool.

awsome car by the way! would love to see it on track :)

Well, nearly one year three months on from when I bought it and the project started, its hopefully going SORN again in the next week or so.

After some thinking I was still undecided weather I wanted to permanently keep it off the road, and sort my trailer test for next year, and buy a decent every day car that can tow. But, Ive decided its pointless putting money into a decent car just yet, and to wait until Im 21 in February...then have another think about what to do.

Another few things that made me to possibly decide against keeping it off the road is if I wanted to take it to the Ring next year, or anywhere abroad in general...towing would be an effort. Then when you factor in the cost of doing the licence and the trailer (which would be cheap anyway, but its besides the point), its not worth it just yet even if it would make it easier for trackdays in this country.

So, the hunt is on for a cheap tiny engined banger for a couple of hundred quid, with tax and test to last me until Feb/March next year. Quite a few interesting things on eBay at the moment lol. That way I can swap the insurance to it while the Clio is SORN and keep my NCB going. Come February il decide what to do about a proper car and weather to bring the Clio back on the road, or weather to invest in trailer/licence.

Apart from all that, I've sold my seats (Sparco Corsa) that have been used for the past year and sorted some replacements, which will be revealed soon :approve:

As said, hopefully will get the car off the road in the next week or so and can start stripping it down. My ECU and Loom can then be sold, along with the harnesses at some point too. Had some interest but if all else fails they will be on here for sale.

More soon!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd

Yeah, i agree with you on the towing subject, investing money in a bigger engined new car will just mean you'll lose money on depreciation. Look for 1.0ltr Nissan Micra if you want something decent and cheap, had one in the family, extremely good cars for the money.

Looking at Pre-1995 106's at the moment ;)

I definitely could not live with a Micra, hate the shape of them with a passion lol.

JDM Dc2

Yeah, i agree with you on the towing subject, investing money in a bigger engined new car will just mean you'll lose money on depreciation. Look for 1.0ltr Nissan Micra if you want something decent and cheap, had one in the family, extremely good cars for the money.

;)