ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More pics of my beast :)

car? need a license 1st!

cheers fubar, managed it in the end tho :p

Please excuse the dirt on the skirts, its a 10 mile trip from the carwash to my house, through country roads, u cant get home without getting somthing dirty, i went 15/20mph all the way home as well!!! b*****d farmers! :p

car? need a license 1st!

yeah, there is a hole in the bonnet underneath it, about 6/7in long, and 2/3in wide.. engine runs about half as cool as any other clio i know :)

A silver Honda

What lowering springs do you have? and whats the tyre profile?

The tyre is nearly touching the arch.

I like it!

car? need a license 1st!

Its on Apex springs i think, not sure the last owner did it, but ive got the recipts, tyre profile is 50mm..

It can go a few more mm on the back yet :)

Best thing is, with a full car (4 peeps) doesnt scrape :)

car? need a license 1st!

well its standard inside at the moment, im thinking of putting some half buckets in, possibly a willy interior? but im not sure, I need use of my back seats so it wont be full buckets.

Next on the list is a custom cat back system, as its still got the cat and middle box in (middle box scrapes on speed bumps!). So theyre coming out. After that its going lower on the back and im getting some new alloys, perhaps some simple 5 spokes, havent decided yet.

Interior wise, buckets, gear knob, and steering wheel.. nothing too drastic :)

car? need a license 1st!

Yeah, ive been looking on there... Skint till April tho, so i wont bother looking till then.. No point looking and seeing somthing nice, and not being able to afford it !

I can get fairly decent deals on stuff from my mate, he owns Image Cars in Clitheroe, he does some decent stuff... but well see nearer the time :)

What would you suggest styling wise?!

[Edited by Chewy on 14 March 2005 at 12:42am]

car? need a license 1st!

nah, it looks like a boiled egg at the moment, no spoiler, i know what u mean about the RSI, maxim one tho, looks nice. Thatll be next.. and exhuast, drop the back another 10/15mm..

That interior is nice :) Pedals, gearknob, steering wheel and seats need changing in mine.

My mate has the maxim s, and hes quicker than me, hes got decat tho, and the maxim has a shorter gear ratio if im not mistaken? to the RT?

What would u suggest to get mine faster? :D

Punto/Clio GTT

yea, mines a maxim, got a closer gear ratio box to the rt, nothin major to be honest. for power ide definatly start with a decat, then either get a cat back or just a backbox.

seen as you got a pretty big vent, ide say get an open air filter like a piperx or a k&n, will be suckin all that cold air in

car? need a license 1st!

Cheers Tom, im glad it actually does somthing as well, instead of just being there.

Ice Wise, ive got a Sony Mp3 head unit, powering 2 sPLX 250W 6x9s and 2 5.25" Sony Xplods, im thinking of getting an amp and sub in a box next, after some more performance upgrades :)

car? need a license 1st!

Yeah, the decat is next, then a custom cat-back system. Is there anything else I can squeeze some power from? Its already got a K&N on it, and ive got a PX filter sat in my room from my old one, which i havent got round to putting on yet.. spanking new as well, hardly did anything on the other one, as it broke 3 days after i put it on, then it wouldnt start again..

So i flogged it on ebay :p (the car)

Daz, yes, they are fake discs :( Well spotted, I havent had time to take them off yet, ive only had the car a couple of weeks.
[Edited by Chewy on 14 March 2005 at 1:20am]

Punto/Clio GTT

i had some of them sony xplod 5.25, didnt realise how bad they was til i got some new infinity 5002is. literally 10x better, louder, sound quality is much much better, doesnt distort or anythin when its loud, and they produce some nice punchy bass!

your headunit the alluminium the 7500? i got that one, you copyin my ice dude? ;)

car? need a license 1st!

These xplod ones arent so bad, I got them with the unit cos i needed some door speakers, Im thinking of going infinity or JBL next, new 6x9s and 5.25".. along with a sub and amp (after the performance obviously)

The ice is fine for me at the moment, everyone stood in a 500yd raduis of the car can hear the music when its turned up.. and there is much, if any, distortion. So its cool for now.

http://www.halfords.com/opdImages/00004162.jpg

Thats mine :) Dunno if its the same as yours :)

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 14 March 2005
trust me when i say theyre 10x better. only 10-15 pound more aswell

and even then people still try and argue that sony make good ICE :(

take this advice, dont buy sony ICE, its not worth it

car? need a license 1st!

yeah thats the ticker FM :) Got them in the doors and SPLx in the shelf at the back.

I know people say dont buy ice from Sony, but its a decent head unit for budget, Im upgrading to Alpine when ive got some cash saved up... And ill get infinity speakers..

But like i said, these speakers and this unit will do for now :)

Performance first :)

I wanna be faster than my mates maxim.. any suggestions? apart from decat/exhuast/filter? On budget?

Punto/Clio GTT

spare wheel was the first thing that went on mine, then the jack n stuff in the scuttle panel. then i did fill my boot full of ice tho lol :\

car? need a license 1st!

kinda defeats the object really eh FM? :p

I reckon the spare wheel and the back seats can go, not too sure about seats, but deffo the spare wheel. Knowing my luck id get a puncture! :p

Taking the jack out wont make that much difference will it?