ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

multi-point injection

Does any body know if, in any of its many applications, the E7 series engine had multipoint injection fitted to it? I know that it went into several different renaults, and has been equipped with a carb or single point injection (injected carb).

Am wonderin cos if it had then surely a simple mod to do to gain much more flexibility of tuning. Although big cost involved with seperate fuel management system.

Any help appreciated, cheers Spud.

What do you mean by no BenR? no you dont know if there was ever multipoint injection? or no there isnt an E7 series engine with multipoint injection.

Cheers, Spud.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i thought the megane was too

???

i also thought the last of the phase 3s went to multipoint injection

in fact im sure ive seen a phase 3 at a scrap yard which had mpi

Are you sure you are not getting mixed up with the k7 series engine . These were fitted to the megane 1.6energy engine range and do have multipoint. These are the engines we use for our 1.6 Clio rt conversion. Hillpower.

FRST and 106 GTi

ok... let me see this straight..

what is the 1.6lts energy engine MPI that fits the clio?

from what car does it come from?

Let me get this straight then, the 1.4 Energy engine doesnt come with multi-point injection but renault made a 1.6 Energy engine for the megane and fitted it with MPI.

If so whats the spec for the heads? Does anyone know if they are compatible? I know it sounds v. stupid but they look similar outside. What changes the 1.4 to 1.6, longer stroke or a bigger bore?

Hate to bomb you all with these questions but someone out there knows, and now Ive got this idea stuck in my head. Will clear it soon and jus by a valver, fast straight out the box.

Cheers, spud.

FRST and 106 GTi

I went to a Renault garage yesterday and even thou they are excelent people by showing no problem with giving this kind of information, at this subject they just said: "We dont know".

Also... Since I own a trashed clio 16V, Im waiting a call of Renault just to know the price for engine exchange

BenR, how are the engines rebuilded by renault? the ones that they trade for your own. Wild policy but I like the sound of it.

I see what you are getting at, you want to know if the ports on the 1.6 and the 1.4 line up so that you can fit the MPi onto your 1400? The best way is to look at the part numbers for the inlet manifold gasket for both engine, and see if they are the same. If they are not, ask if you can see both and compare port alignment.

Im interested in the same, but on the exhaust side for the 16v range. Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the exhaust gaskets for the latest 16v mk2 phase 2 Clios

Cheers,

MC

FRST and 106 GTi

hum... nice way of knowing...

if the gaskets are equal then we can say that its possible to MPI a SPI RT.

Anyway, how can we benefict from being MPI? I know the theory, but in real life sometimes its diferent.

FRST and 106 GTi

opps... another thing...

the valver fuel pump is the same used in the RT?
Changing them would get me a better rev?

fuel pressure

The Cylinder heads on the 1.4 engine and the 1.6 engine are different . Different cam, inlet valve , port shape. You could fit a MPI inlet to a 1.4 with a little bit of port work but why bother just fit a full 1.6 engine.

MC wasnt just thinkin of swappin the inlet manifolds over, was aimin at what the difference between the engines are and would it be possible to do a complete head swap? but can see where you are comin from, if I could fit the manifold it would be much easier.

N.D.Hill am I guessin rite that you of the Hill Power fame? anyway as to why dont I fit the Megane engine? Very interesting conversion, I spoke to you a while ago bout it over the fone. If the car was only a few years old then maybe, but my baby is a 91 and much as I love it there just is no sense in spendin the cash.

However if I am rite about you bein of Hillpower fame then I am led to believe you do a Samco coolant hose set for the 1.4. Is this true, as one of mine is split and two others are lookin a bit tired and so need replacin. How much would a set be or shud I fone you?

Cheers everyone Spud.