ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 4

I'd love to build a Mk1.2.5
Take a Mk.1, fill it with 6-speed, S-VT engine and the facelift MK.2 interior.

But take a mk.1 to refit it with Mk.1.....sir, you've got far too much time on your hands :)

Luckily, going by that post of ITB's, you're doing it right.

IN fact, between you and @Euan94, you've got the "PROPER" power mods sorted. :D

It only took a day to switch both engines, and that wasn't really rushing. Annoyingly the main reason behind the swap was the recent maintenance that the silver car had: New cambelt water pump etc. certainly didn't expect to be having to replace that lot so soon! The silver car also had an ultra light flywheel which is nice. So it's in a fairly decent NA tune at the moment.

Yeah I like his car, looks nice and clean. Superchargers just aren't my thing though, not sure why!

This is going to be interesting! I really like what you have done with this.

I also may be in touch about the cage you have on nutz this weekend :)

Ooooo I like the sound of that! I had a guy message me about sending it to South Wales which would be a total ballache so hopefully you can make it easy for me! Haha

Listerine & Poledo
Light flywheel and ITBs?
Get yourself a balanced crank and a ported head and I'll let you rape me without calling the police

Well, it's all arrived... and Christ was it worth the money!

19554340234_b529e29778_z.jpg

19556006273_d239c0927d_z.jpg

20176984375_f00ae66040_z.jpg

20150714256_023b44d9ff_z.jpg

20182607901_086d69cfcd_b.jpg

20150726186_4e29bf88dd_z.jpg

20182608301_fa38371f1d_z.jpg

19988928068_ff9b3675da_z.jpg

19990506079_74de710434_z.jpg

Just got to get them fitted now!
Excited/terrified. Awesome.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
ITB's will be awesome. I was really tempted before I got mine.

Although after being in track with the supercharger I'm not sure I'd go back. So much better than a standard power mx5.

JDM Dc2
Dan made me a beaut of a manifold a while back when he started on xr2s aha, glad your staying NA with this!

You'll have to put this through its paces with us all at oulton in November!

Dan made me a beaut of a manifold a while back when he started on xr2s aha, glad your staying NA with this!

You'll have to put this through its paces with us all at oulton in November!

Ahaha, it'll still be slow as s**t - it's an mx5 after all!
Yes! Donato was telling my about that, who's organising it? Need to get it booked!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Will it need a balance bar or are you not using a map sensor?

I've ordered a carb balancer, it'll be tuned using "itb mode" which is MAP based below a certain pressure then TPS based for the rest of the map. At the moment it's completely TPS based and it's fine on wide throttle openings, but for stuff like idle and cruise it's absolutely guff!

:cool:

Throttle cable broke loast night on the motorway, so it hasn't been plain sailing so far... sounds absoutely ballisic though - Love it! Even if it is running like a bag of spanners lol

Listerine & Poledo
Indeed, it would seem so. And Euan for that matter.
THe British sportscar, reborn with japanese reliability, re-ruined by British engineering.
MX-5, returning to its roots with every turn of a spanner

Next time, can you at least do these mods to a 1.8...so I can buy the parts off you when you get bored after 3 months ;)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Hey!

None of the supercharger bits have caused reliability issues!

I'm jealous of that noise! There were some throttle body clios at CSS and that reminded me just how awesome they sound.

Listerine & Poledo
Hey!

None of the supercharger bits have caused reliability issues!

I'm jealous of that noise! There were some throttle body clios at CSS and that reminded me just how awesome they sound.
TOLD YA! NA FTW 24/7 sooooooooon!

No reliability issues? I thought you were pulled up at the side of a motorway within a week of buying the mighty blown '5?

Listerine & Poledo
So next project then is supercharged, turbocharged and throttlebodied? :smiley:

I presume you can still throttlebody a charged car, you just need an airbox for the sucking/blowing.
hmmmmm

COmpound charging isnt a problem, provided the plumbing can fit and the maps are done right.

But ITB's wont go with them, just a nicer inlet manifold. Cams, however, they'll work

No reason why you can't chuck a turbo on an itb'd car, but as you say it'd need an airbox and there's literally no room between the brake master cylinder and the fourth trumpet, so you'd have to move things around quite a bit. Also you can get well above what the standard internals can take on the stock intake manifold anyway so it's kinda pointless, even if it is cool!

And this is a 1.8 goodj... It's just not a fancy vvt one!

Listerine & Poledo
And this is a 1.8 goodj... It's just not a fancy vvt one!
Not a problem, just means I'd need to find a Megasquirt 3 to run the S-VT solenoids. Everything else is swappable

So let me know when the inevitable happens :wink: I'm getting an idea of a 150db / 150hp Listerine.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
TOLD YA! NA FTW 24/7 sooooooooon!

No reliability issues? I thought you were pulled up at the side of a motorway within a week of buying the mighty blown '5?
Well...yeah... Actually the same day!

But that was an original coolant hose and nothing to do with the supercharger.

There is literally no point In doing ITB's and charging. It's a nice idea but just a huge hassle and gives you no extra power.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Hey at least someone's replied. MX5nutz don't give a f**k! Thread's dead haha.
I can reply on there if you'd like haha.

I found the same though. I asked about forging and barely got any reply