ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 brakes feel REALLY bad after RRday

320d M Sport

Please help as they are well bad. The pedal doesnt seem to travel any further but it doesnt vibrate under hard braking any more(what i always assumed was ABS) it feels like Ive got brake fade from the minute I drive and its generally terrible overall, probably dangerous. Anyway, my question is how the hell do i fix it, why has it come on striaght after the rollin road day, and i mean about 3 hours later?

Please help its driving me nuts, the cars done 6300 miles, everything else is fine, could it be brake fluid? Hopefully someone will know, its a Mk2 BTW.

Cheers

Paddy

320d M Sport

Thanks for replying Joe,

Wheres me servo pipe then? Gonna check now as its beggining to p1ss on my bonfire....... :(

Paddy

connected to the brake pedal is the actuator arm, that goes to the master cylinder, the servo is the large plate sized unit over the master cylinder.. (well hidden on the 72 !).

Just check all pipework, take of the plastic cover and look down the back etc.

let me know.

Joe.

ps, DO check, brake fluid level, pad thickness etc.. !!

320d M Sport

Well hidden!!! Ill say, Ill never fix this tonight, feck.

No way is it pads, they just dont give up on the same day soooo bad? Where can i check me Brake Fluid?

Paddy

yeah, if the pedal is hard and doesnt move very much, then the servo has been disconnected.

but saying that, everytime i go on teh RR, my ABS lights come on, and so does the service light........

but i turn off the ignition, then on, and its fine.

i guess its cause i have the H-brake on at 90mph to the computer!!! LOL

320d M Sport

Is there anyway to reconnect it from the cockpit? Im thinking along the lines of this ECU Reset as my car also said SERVICE after the RR???

ARRGGHHH!!!

paddy

when my exhaust was welded at the rolling road the battery was disconected so it could be welded, this reset the ecu but also the radio, was 2 days later i found the stupid book with the code in it

Is there anyway to reconnect it from the cockpit? Im thinking along the lines of this ECU Reset as my car also said SERVICE after the RR???

ARRGGHHH!!!

paddy

um, maybe you had better get it in for a service or check if it says service still.

and you cant reconnect the servo from the cockpit, if thats what your saying..........but whats your question, i thought capt answered it.