ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 sould i or shouldn't i that is the question?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
oh my f**king word. What were you thinking? You must feel like a right bell end driving around in that.

Make it look standard again and that will be the best thing you've ever done for that car...poor thing

S4 Avant
I'm well aware of the slating you've had on this, and that it's not particularly pleasant to hear, from so many people, regarding something which you quite like.

My advice to you would be to replace your rear exhaust mount, put some grammar in your sentences and remove everything from that poor car.

LCR 225
Thanks for the comments an the imo's but the flaps are going to stay as i would rather "destroy" the clio than listen to people that tell you to die an to drive off a roof if people say things with a bit more constructive criticism then i might listen rather an thinking what a bunch of c@&ks sorry to thoughs people that did do it in a polite way an its sad that you have people like them on here!

People on here are such f**king hypocrites sometimes.

Because this guy hasn't done what you lot all do you slate him. So f**king what. Yeah, the mud flaps might be a bit OTT but it's not the end of the world is it? At least he's trying something himself to be a bit different. He could have just painted his badges, lowered a bit and spent a stupid amount on whatever else ClioSport deems to the high end must have at that point in time and you'd have all kissed his arse 'nice example' 'get some silvervisions too' and all the usual crap that these threads are filled with.

I like the wheels, white always looks good against Mondial Blue. Stickers and flaps are things I'd probably take off but other than that, I think it looks tidy.

There's nothing that's been done to that car that can't be changed back in a morning. Stickers will peel off. As will the tints. Flaps again, easy to take off. Then you'd all be saying totally different things.

There are far far worse cars on here but once one person says they don't like it, the whole forum feels like they have to have a dig.

LCR 225

Because this guy hasn't done what you lot all do you slate him. So f**king what. Yeah, the mud flaps might be a bit OTT but it's not the end of the world is it? At least he's trying something himself to be a bit different. He could have just painted his badges, lowered a bit and spent a stupid amount on whatever else ClioSport deems to the high end must have at that point in time and you'd have all kissed his arse 'nice example' 'get some silvervisions too' and all the usual crap that these threads are filled with.

I like the wheels, white always looks good against Mondial Blue. Stickers and flaps are things I'd probably take off but other than that, I think it looks tidy.

There's nothing that's been done to that car that can't be changed back in a morning. Stickers will peel off. As will the tints. Flaps again, easy to take off. Then you'd all be saying totally different things.

There are far far worse cars on here but once one person says they don't like it, the whole forum feels like they have to have a dig.

thank you this is how you comment on things not just say what ever little thought is rattling around in your little heads

phase 2 172
Well said the above post.this thread is the whole reason why I hardly post on here .you lot have torn into this guy .there is no need for bad manners and being abusive.the car in question is not my cup of tea .but there is no need to give the guy abuse about it .

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I aint a fan of the wheels stripes or flaps but its your car. Maybe keep an eye out for some smaller wheels not just because of how yours look but also because of the size, which will improve how it handles maybe try and find some 16's or even 15's, And you could try fitting some different colour flaps and cut them down abit.

Evo 8 MR

lol, some people may be a little over the top but he HAS ruined a brilliant car.

It's obviously my opinion but 90% of people not just on here seem to agree so he deserves to be slated for it and if he's posting the pics up on here then people are going to make comments, it's the same as asking someone personally, "what do you think of my car?"

Ruined is only the perception on here. He doesn't 'deserve' anything really.

Yes, he's asked for comments so obviously has to expect some people to not like it, but a constant slating and some of the way things are worded is a bit harsh.

99% of people on here will prefer your Cup. That's fair enough. But I know of lots of forums where there will be people who deem yours 'boring' and prefer his. Takes all sorts.

But it's a Clio, so he's more than welcome on here. If we can educate him on how his car could be improved, well then that can only be a good thing ;)

Listerine & Poledo
lol, some people may be a little over the top but he HAS ruined a brilliant car.

It's obviously my opinion but 90% of people not just on here seem to agree so he deserves to be slated for it and if he's posting the pics up on here then people are going to make comments, it's the same as asking someone personally, "what do you think of my car?"

I find messing with cars a complete waste of human effort, but hey.
and yes I know I've got those stripes on mine, but they were then when I got it and taking them off may have left a 2-tone paint finish

Listerine & Poledo

Yes, he's asked for comments so obviously has to expect some people to not like it, but a constant slating and some of the way things are worded is a bit harsh.

99% of people on here will prefer your Cup. That's fair enough. But I know of lots of forums where there will be people who deem yours 'boring' and prefer his. Takes all sorts.

But it's a Clio, so he's more than welcome on here. If we can educate him on how his car could be improved, well then that can only be a good thing ;)

CS does like seem to want all to work to a formula, irrespective of what the car is.

MX5OC was a lot more tollerant of individuality, (yeah, probably because we were all hairdressers etc.). Mind, most people seemed more interested in making the cars go quicker rather than look 'faster'.. or, indded, 'more furious'.

Evo 8 MR

I'm not denying that some people may be a bit harsh and that there is groups out there that like that sort of thing but I personally don't like it as most other people on this forum so it's inevitable what has been said.

If we could educate him that would be brilliant as it always is when a clio gets restored to former glory. I'm not one to get into a "my car is better than yours argument either", that's not the point I'm trying to get across.

The issue we have with Clio owners seems to be there's a proven formula that works and wont get you slated and people stick to it. Sadly those who have the balls to do something different to the clique apparently don't have any taste. OP's mods look naff, it's a pisser that all we get on Mk2's is Turini's and a drop but it looks like it'll stay that way until someone with taste does something different that works.

CLIO 172 CUP....
roger86...i think the clio cup you have ther is nice as i own one my self. and it you car so if you wont to have big red mud flaps and and big white wheels and tints thats fine mate as long as your happy with it.........

LCR 225
i no that people are going to put there point of veiw across an comments down an i knew thta its not to everyones taste i have done thing like it has been said that are easy to change back. the car has change alot since the first person on this site had it
p200609164201.jpg

p2006091642.jpg

p2006091641.jpg

an when i joined it looked like this

newclio.jpg

i had a few people saying nice motor welcome an i'm shore that the ones that said this are the ones that are telling me to strip the car back to standard an to die an crap like that so make your mind up if you like it or not all i did was add the mud flaps an some numbers. ok not every is going to like it but lets see what you haters have got so i can see what my car should look like! thanks to the above people that understand what i've tried an you never know it might change again soon maybe for the "better" but most prob knowing the people on here the worst.

clio6.jpg

clio7.jpg

clio5.jpg

clio4.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Sometimes it baffles me how some people can do certain 'mods' to their car thinking that the end result looks good. Obviously tastes will always differ but I'd love to be a fly on the wall inside these peoples head as they make these decisions..

But then again if we didn't have these people then there would be less cars to point and laugh at.

Last edited:
  phase 2 172
People need to relies the clio 172 is getting to be a dirt cheap car .so there for younger drivers are getting hold of them .and dare I say it "doing younger lads mods on it ".if that makes sense.172s are getting a bit like saxo vts's years ago .quick and dirt cheap .a guy on here sold a 52 plate 172 in Monaco blue .looked lovely and he wanted 1500 pound for it .

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Its a forum. People's opinions and expressions of hilarity is common practice. Comments on any forum are the same. You don't want to get shot down or upset, don't post.

I had to laugh at the 'serious' posts above saying that we can 'educate' a member on how to mod a car - seriously, did you say that out loud.
The education the boy needs is in basic grammar and punctuation. Not sure about you, but if school didn't help, no one on here can.

On the topic of your car and the summary to the thread, should I or shouldn't I? The answer is you shouldn't. But you did it anyway, hope you like the result - it looks god awful (IN MY OPINION) but I don't have to drive it.

Each to there own, but not my cup of tea. I wouldnt post pictures on here tho, unless its a text book clio sport "cup" i.e speedlines, coilies and otherwise standard, they hate anything else.

Each to there own, but not my cup of tea. I wouldnt post pictures on here tho, unless its a text book clio sport "cup" i.e speedlines, coilies and otherwise standard, they hate anything else.

I would, but I'd make sure it wasn't a stickered up abortion with 4x4 stance first.

120d M Sport
I'm not denying that some people may be a bit harsh and that there is groups out there that like that sort of thing but I personally don't like it as most other people on this forum so it's inevitable what has been said.

If we could educate him that would be brilliant as it always is when a clio gets restored to former glory. I'm not one to get into a "my car is better than yours argument either", that's not the point I'm trying to get across.

It's just a clio mate, not an E-Type

Clio 172
Not a fan of the flaps mate. At least you saved it from how it was tho with them stickers. My god wot were they thinking

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
tbh, the only thing i really dislike about the car is the wheels,

all the other mods are fine, theyre your choice.

but speedline turinis are fantastic wheels!!
and thats not just cliosport, they are just very well made wheels, ive been to a few FIA european rallies, and so many people there "roll" on turinis.
i will never condone anyone changing them for lesser wheels tbh!

I love how everyone slates the car, then one person comes out saying its not so bad, and how everyone just follows the 'sheep' way,
then all of a sudden loads of people come out the woodwork defending the car.
:)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I love how everyone slates the car, then one person comes out saying its not so bad, and how everyone just follows the 'sheep' way,
then all of a sudden loads of people come out the woodwork defending the car.
:)

Democracy follows a similar pattern.

Bahhhhh