ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 200sx s14a

Evo 6, E92 320d
Picked it up today, gave it a clean and polish to assess the paintwork, it definately needs a clay/de-tar/pc session and soon.

Only plans at the mo are debrick the front numberplate and get a bung to quiet the exhaust a bit. Also i may look into fitting a more std diff as the 2 way wants to lock up on most slow corners lol.

S6300717.jpg

S6300716.jpg

S6300718.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
dont get a bung it will be like driving a clio again, it kills the performance its terrible!

look at either getting a centre section with a bigger silencer in it, or get an apexi exhaust valve...

and if you go to a stock diff your a pussy lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
bungs are actually pretty bad for the engine too, creates a load of backpressure you dont want or need, and puts loads of heat in to the exhaust and engine...

Evo 6, E92 320d
Ok, i have a spare exhaust as it goes so i may see if i can get a silencer put into the mid pipe. Cheaper option of course would be some earplugs;)

ph1 track weapon
wonder if its as loud as my mongoose system on my 14a. thats earbleeding. hated it before but i like it now!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mongooses are quiet on 200's lol, stick a nur spec with elbow, downpipe and decat all straight through with no silencers... then they loud lol.

Evo 6, E92 320d
mongooses are quiet on 200's lol, stick a nur spec with elbow, downpipe and decat all straight through with no silencers... then they loud lol.

Looking the exhaust db list on sxoc the blitz is in the top couple for noise, then mine (Tanabe hyper medallion) is several down, so the blitz must be insane.

Anyways, just finished this evenings job, sound proofing the boot, mainly due to the fact the boot floor and boot lid are so tinny.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Right, after a couple of days town driving and struggling to get up the car park ramp the 2 way diff is going, put a wanted post on sxoc for a std diff.
Hopefully fitting a normal diff will make me enjoy the car, as at the moment i am not:(.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
chris, is it a kaaz 2 way? if so that will explain why your not enjoying it so much, they lock very very hard! 2 ways take alot of getting used to, you have to change your driving style completely, tbh if its your first rwd car its the last thing you want to be driving with, while they are easier to handle on the limit, to the point you can stick it sideways and actually feel the point where it will hold really nice... but town and slow driving can really scare people, reverse parking will drag a wheel along the floor and then all of a sudden BANG will release...

try driving a welded diff its worse lol!

also if your looking to swap i would seriously recomend you get a diff in a casing... as if someone takes it out its a pain in the arse to stick in the pumpkin as you have to check clearances with plastigauge and get bearings the right size...

you can put a 13 diff in if someone has a 14 back plate for you, infact the 13 housing is better as you can solid mount it you just need the 14 backplate...

if you can try and get a 14 auto diff will give you better acceleration.

on sxoc search for polo he will prob have it off you/swap you

i think a nur spec on a 14 with straight through pipes is still under 100db my rex on tickover is about 102db!

awesome car, i love these a lot!
now dont go and write it off!! take it easy round those corners at first :p

Evo 6, E92 320d
I've had the car a week now and i am finally getting used too the diff, it is just a case of learning. Now i'm starting to enjoy the car:evil:.

Weather permitting i will clay and pc the car tomorrow, but the way the rain is atm i'm not holding on to hope.

I have been making a little shopping list of things i want to buy,
New alarm system Bought
Clear indicators/side repeaters
20mm spacers
Nismo gear knob
Alcantara gear gaitor
Alcantara cloth(for door cards)
Touring side skirts
Rear spats
Subframe too fit my trendline
HKS exhaust (possibly)

So far i have the alarm, just a budget system but it will at least give me a fully functioning alarm/remote locking.
S6300724.jpg

Will attempt to fit that tomorrow as well.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
is yours not the touring then?? you got cloth interior?? have a look on the owners club and get a set of touring door cards they have alcantara on them...

once you get used to the diff you will like it, remember when i had mine fitted i genuinely thought wtf have i done lol

ph1 track weapon
chris, mines a touring but i'm probabaly gonna be shedding a few parts, as its getting BDC prepped for next year hopefully. so may have some doorcards going

Evo 6, E92 320d
Little update, just recived my touring side skirts
S6300740.jpg

Seem to be in good nick, they really give the car a little something extra.
Also got an alcantara gaiter from topgaiters-ebay, it has red stitching and makes the centre console look a little more pleasent.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Spent a little time on the car today, started to clean up the engine bay. Loads of grease on the struts and lower areas but it's getting there, the cam cover needs repainting but i will save that for my week off. Also removed the old boost solenoid and relocated the Gizzmo one.
S6300752.jpg

Also repainted the bonnet soundproofing with some satin black paint, well pleased with it, looks like new:).
S6300753.jpg

After i got bored of that i gave the interior a hoover, wiped over the seats with ag interior shampoo then wiped over all the surfaces with vinyl and rubber care. Surprising how much dust those cloth seats accumulate:dead:.
Managed to get the new gaiter in also.
S6300754.jpg

Iceberg 172
It's got a 2 way diff... so it's been arse out all the time basically!?

Sod that, I've had a few RWD cars but I still don't think i'd enjoy it if it was trying to lock up all the time.

Sounds like a big job to swap over though!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol 2 ways dont make the arse go out all the time! if driven hard they give more grip in the corner than a normal 1 way! when i had the 2 way in mine i found it much better to drive the car with improved grip and if i wanted to slide it, it was a clutch kick away...

its one of those things that if you havent driven one its hard to understand it...

chris, i would get someone to look at the shock towers by the inner wing... looks like the start of rust to me?!

Evo 6, E92 320d
No just a bit of rust remedy, there was a tiny amount of bubbling so i wanted to prevent it before it got going, just put a bit much liquid on lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i have the exact same wheel lol, but its leather rather than suede had it in my 200 and now my rx7 :)

really want a nardi deep corn wheel though :(

Evo 6, E92 320d
I like the leather one with red stich, a member on sxoc has one and it looks spot on with the touring interior.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mine is leather with yellow stitch, but the stitch is much smaller on mine than on the suede so its not so in your face

i want one of these...
4mtvvch.jpg

with a works bell flip up boss
0709_impp_06_z+wendy_cheng_nissan_350z+nardi_deep_corn_330mm_steering_wheel.jpg

but your talking 800ish quid for the wheel, works bell boss and works bell flip up if not more lol!

or the nardi nob tanaguchi wheel, but finding a deep corn one is hard and your looking 380 for the wheel alone...

yes im a jdm *****

Evo 6, E92 320d
As the weather was great again i decided to go down the promenade and grab some pics.
DSCF0081.jpg

DSCF0082.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0075.jpg

Shows how much i need bigger spacers all round.

Also found the panoramic mode, still need to learn how to use it right.
DSCF0080.jpg