ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Alfa Romeo 147 GTA.

Clio 182
My mate used to have one of these; 2004 car with the bigger brakes, it had an Autodelta exhaust, the multispokes (which were a rarely ticked option iirc) and it was slightly lowered but not sure what on or how much. It looked the nuts though.

Advice from him: Check the radiator. That's what went bang on his. Also if you lower it the undertray WILL scrape on any bumpy B road.

He did it like a hero when it finally went though; we were all at a country pub garden that was rammed full of people and he rolled into the car park right next to it, literally smogging the whole place with steam. After it had cleared a bit he casually got out of the car, shut the door and locked it over his shoulder as he walked away with everyone staring. Got it picked up on a low loader a couple of hours later and we never saw it again! He's got a liquid yellow R26 now.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
good idea Ben, were they at?

Hes up at kilbirnie, about an hour and 20 mins from you.

I can give you his number if you like, his prices are excellent. Just ask him about the system he done for the e92 m3. Silent when pootling about and motorway etc but when on full throttle all hell breaks loose haha.

1039694_606684136038909_1977606979_o.jpg

Italian 3.2 V6
Nice! Exactly what I want too, only want noise when foot is planted. Fire me his number over and il have a chat with him.

Like with all my new cars I'm getting it checked over with a list of suspect things to look at (radiator added lol).

Italian 3.2 V6
Almost a week in and car is still alive! I had some fresh tyres (PS3's) fitted on the front this week, defiantly didn't want to skimp on tyres for this! And I'm very impressed with the PS3's - never had these before. I chose these as from what iv read on the Alfa forum, these tyres suit the GTA the most.

First time iv had to clean it was tonight. In desperate need of a proper detail! So tonight was just a quick exterior wash with a quick picture too.

9370746695_b29910d538_c.jpg

GTA by ŠįK, on Flickr

The misses averaged 24mpg this week too, so I'm happy with that. Although I was slightly heavy handed with it tonight once I'd *fuelled up & reset the trip and it's now at 18mpg!

Cheers.

Italian 3.2 V6
Ha, sorry Luke no can do!

Cheers guys, il get exhaust vids up once the new system is fitted - which shouldn't be too long away ;)

No offence but these do nothing for me. Never really understood why so many people seem to cream over them. I don't dislike them at all, but they don't excite me. No desire to own one. I'm sure it's a good car though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Considered one years ago but they wear so badly! Shame is they look and sound great!

Italian 3.2 V6
Well today I detailed the interior and replaced the rear wiper blade as it was shot. Interior leather was cleaned and treated, as were the plastics and carpets. Glass was also cleaned & a new smelly tree added too! A much nicer place to be in now.

9377478422_df933899c9_c.jpg

Interior detail by ŠįK, on Flickr

9377472606_a21258cf52_c.jpg

9374700785_5e8591bc87_c.jpg

MPG has creeped up to 20/21mpg this morning. Been and enquired about getting wheels and callipers refurbed.. Sticking with red for the calipers but have no idea what colour to do the wheels.. Bight silver? Black? Anthracite? Arrgghhh!!

Cheers.

Forester STi SG9
Almost a week in and car is still alive!

lol, I like your optimism. I was the same in my first few weeks of Alfa ownership. But seriously, forget about all the horror stories re reliability and just enjoy it and drive it how an Italian would! btw, I've never had any electrical problems with any of the Alfa's I've owned, all of the same era as yours.

Italian 3.2 V6
Unfortunately wheels will be staying as I forked out for good tyres.. I think they have potential to look pretty damn cool with the correct colour, stance etc which is all to come..

Cheers guys. Yup it full of character over the mk4 R32. Certainly feels a special car anyway - can't get enough of that v6 rumble.. Lovely power delivery too with an addictive soundtrack match it!

Cordell, thanks - yea I kinda got over the reliability gossip. Plus my balls are massive! I don't think there's a car out there for the money which gives the same special aura as these - but Maybe I'm being biased. At the moment though I'm loving every minute of it. My facial hair even seems to of gone "beppe" stylie lol.

Italian 3.2 V6
Just ordered a New Ragazzon Exhaust and some New 15mm Eibech spacers for the rear! Can't wait..

107 Track Car & C4
Lovely car! I really like the wheels personally as they are so different to anything else you see. I think it would look lovely with the wheels in a Gun Metal colour.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just seen a red one of these with tan interior. Ultimate 147.

MCS R56
Very nice car. I couldn't be bothered with the running costs but they are very cool. How much quicker are they?

Italian 3.2 V6
Thanks for the comments guy. Performance wise it's on par with the likes of the R32/ST/R26 etc.

Well here is how the GTA stands to date..

Ragazzon back box fitted, sounds great but too restricted & muffled for my liking so at some point I'm ordering the Ragazzon centre pipe (with silencer) to open it up abit more.

9437516604_4ca7192882_c.jpg

GTA by ŠįK, on Flickr

15mm Eibech spacers arrived but was unable to fit as the longer bolts haven't been sent out! Grr.*

I also decided to paint the wheels Gloss black, but since as I wasn't 100% sure on what I wanted I didn't want to waste £200 on the wrong colour by getting them done properly, *so I did them myself for £45! I also re-painted the calipers but these arnt completely finished yet, as I'm waiting on the caliper decal arriving. Pretty pleased with the results though for a DIY job.

9437537582_897b890b3c_c.jpg

GTA by ŠįK, on Flickr

It's booked in for a small service this week as I want it all checked over and oil changed etc. Plus im ordering some more goodies for it to be fitted at the same time too! :evil:

Cheers, C&C welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
  275 Trophy
I considered one of these when looking for a replacement for my old 172. IIRC these are the Busso V6 rather than the more modern but way less sonorous GM V6?

Tax and economy did it for me though. Lovely car, hero points from me.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Black wheels have ruined it.

​They need to be hi silver.

Italian 3.2 V6
​Lol gutted guys. Personally I don't think they look too bad, maybe I haven't captured them well with the camera. Il prob run with them for a couple weeks once I have the stance sorted out then probably change the colour.

here is another pic from a distance.
9439822326_afa2c9b1a4_c.jpg

Random by ŠįK, on Flickr

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd have gone a gunmetal colour but they look ok. I love the GTA, lovely car and oh the noise from the 3.2!

I was at one point debating one of these, a Mk1 FRS or a R26. I never tried one with a Q2 but I can imagine it makes a great deal of difference as I could feel the difference with the other two. The 147 definitely has the better soundtrack and a bit more character.