ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My artist impression of the 1.2 - WIP.

DCi 100
Not sure if this is the right place to post it, but hey ho!

Cartoon style, been doing this sort of thing for years but never finished anything :dapprove:

Original image I'm working from:
NujW7.jpg

And my progress so far:
bRmaE.jpg

Nothing in this is final till it's the final piece, will very likely redo that xenon to add alot more detail. I'm not happy with the badge aswell so going to play with afew different ways to do it.

Will keep this thread up to date.

Alex

S23

The Cleee-O
That looks really good so far mate, have you got one of those graphics tablets to be doing those lines? Otherwise you have VERY steady hands, lol :D

DCi 100
Blimey! I cant draw smooth lines with the pen tool at all :( lolz. Props then mate, very impressive! Can't wait to see the final product then, good luck with the progress :)

I think you've mistaken pen tool for pencil tool mate, press P on the keyboard in photoshop, then go point to point creating paths, then stroke with brush.

Not as hard as it seems.

DCi 100
wy25D.jpg

Unsure which style to do it in at the moment, block gradient on the right, brushed on the left.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
this is a piss of piss to do, enought time spent doing it and it should be ace. heres an example of mine to aim for....

RGB.jpg

Hope this helps

DCi 100
Remember seeing that on EU Mania at the start of last year or sometime awhile ago Mike, cheers ;)

Only thing I can find on my PC atm:
xGKRD.png

Rest of the stuff is on my HD which I need to get back off a mate.

J03

MX5 1.8
i followed a tutorial for vector art based drawings to understand how to use paths and stuff.
not showing off but clearly interested in this thread thought il show you mine i did a month ago :p

sketch.jpg

vx220notfinished.jpg

finished.jpg

keep up the good work

DCi 100
Woah thats awesome Joe, thanks for sharing!

Mikey, the finer details always take the most time, but it's worth it usually.

DCi 100
Alright, no snow it is :)

Pretty sure a different picture would be better for a print sort of thing though dude.

Popping into the body shop I think tonight aswell to ask.