ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Project

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not really an update but as the weather was nice i clayed the clio and decided to take a few pics of how it stands currently :D

SDC10763.jpg

SDC10767.jpg

SDC10768.jpg

SDC10770.jpg

Hopefully have some new alloys sorted soon and then can look to make some bigger changes.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Tbh mate not a lot, the car does seem a bit more eager when accelerating but that could just be my imagination. Hoping that in the long run when i have it remapped it will make more of a contribution.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Once again something on my car broke :( My cat seems to be leaking somewhere and causing it to run rough again. Passed its M.O.T. with it though so im a bit puzzled :S

Trying to way up the options between getting a De-cat and trying to fit it myself or just saving to buy a sports cat. Not sure wether the money saved would benefit over having to change it round once a year.

Still need to fix the bloody door too, its staring to get really tiring having to climb accross each time i get in lol

Hoping to have it running well again by summer so i can get out and enjoy it

Jay :approve:

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** UPDATE ***

I set my mind to changing to 15" alloys and arranged to buy a set of OZ F1's from scottiebhoy. They arrived friday, so i spent yesturday giving them a good clean. :D

SDC10835.jpg

SDC10840.jpg

They came with Marangoni tyres (Does anyone know if these are any good ?) Two of them need changing though so im thinking of getting two new Toyo T1R's for the front.

Once the tyres are on these will be going for a refurb and respraying Satin black like my 182 alloys, thinking of maybe giving them an orange lip also. Hoping to get some Sportlines to reduce the arch gap within the month as well. ;)

Centre caps should be on there way soon too so can have them sprayed at the same time.

Jay :)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
You keeping them silver Jay ?

Will look mint!!

Sam!

I was planning on spraying them satin black like my 182 alloys Sam, been considering possibly having an orange lip or doing the centre caps orange to add a bit of colour but not sure what would be best at the moment.

Cant wait to get some decent tyres on them mind, after starting the run to helmsley i couldnt believe how rubbish mine were :S

Jay

BMW 535d
Dont go satin black with the alloys. Personally i would go anthricite or chrome black if you want a dark colour. Satin black makes them look like they have a chalk board finish IMO. sorry for the negativity :)

225 Cup & Williams
Those tyres are terrible mate I would change them if you could. I had them on my 172 when I bought it and they were just guff in every weather condition.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Dont go satin black with the alloys. Personally i would go anthricite or chrome black if you want a dark colour. Satin black makes them look like they have a chalk board finish IMO. sorry for the negativity :)

No problem mate, comments and opinions welcome. Think i may have sprayed a few too many things black now though to change back to anthracite :S

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Those tyres are terrible mate I would change them if you could. I had them on my 172 when I bought it and they were just guff in every weather condition.

Cheers mate, i had never heard of them before. Would it be worth fitting the two decent ones on the back or would i be best getting shot all together ??

225 Cup & Williams
personally I would get rid of them all together you can pick up 4 toyo t1r's for not much over £120 for example that the's good thing about 15's is the tyres are soooo cheap.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Any idea where you can get them for that price Stevoh ? Best ive found was £49 a tyre on camskill but there sold out at the moment :(

Im pressuming T1r's are the best tyres to go for ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Did you see my thread with the OZ f1s?

Not sure if i like them anymore lol

225 Cup & Williams
I got them from camskill mate just before xmas so the price must have gone up since then. Nah not the 'best' tyre but they are good. I only bought them because they were quite a bit cheaper than Yokohama paradas that I was originally going to buy and I fancied trying something different from the paradas.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Did you see my thread with the OZ f1s?

Not sure if i like them anymore lol

I did mate yeah, i remember you got yours around the time i started looking for some. How come your going off them ??

Did they make much difference to the handling going down to 15's ?

I thought they did suit yours well, i met a few lads local to me and they looked good on theirs too.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers lads,

I will have a look on the internet see if i can find them cheaper anywhere, i did fancy the michelin PE2's but they seem to be even more expensive.

I work round the corner from Teesdale tyre and auto centre so will pop in and see what they have. I phoned C&S tyres but their Falcon tyre was £60 so the Toyo seemed the better option.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Thinking i may go for the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's now instead, there instock and people seem to rave about them :)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Centre caps arrived this morning, all brand new and in original Renault packaging :D

SDC10853.jpg

Will be off for spraying shortly, thinking of maybe doing the outer rim of the centre cap orange too.

Hopefully tyres will be ordered tonight, going for the Rainsports :)

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
** ARRIVED TODAY **

New Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres arrived this morning from Blackcircles, ordered on Monday and arrived first thing this morning. :D

SDC10871.jpg

Off to be fitted tomorrow then alloys are going for a respray over the weekend. Need to order some Sportlines and get them fitted before the alloys come back. All starting to come together now and i cant wait to have them fitted :approve:

Tyres had a good recomendation on here so hoping they preform well.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
** ARRIVED THIS MORNING **

Decided with fitting 15's that the car would benefit from being a bit lower so i ordered a set of Eibach Sportlines from Kam racing. Cheapest place i could find by a fair bit and arrived within a couple of days so very happy :D

SDC10875.jpg

Fitting them friday hopefully and the F1's should be back from being sprayed shortly. If the weather holds out then planning to clean my arches and repaint the calipers before the alloys come back :approve:

Out of interest anyone know how long the springs should take to settle in ??

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** UPDATE ***

The Sportlines were successfully fitted on Friday and as my new OZ F1's came back from being sprayed yesturday I took the time to swap them round with my original 182 alloys. The Sportlines dont seem to have made any noticable difference to my Cup spings comfort wise but have certainly reduced the arch gap with dropping to 15 inch alloys. As for 15's they feel so much better to drive on than my 182 alloys and the handling has definatly improved. Really glad I made the change :D

SDC10896.jpg

SDC10898.jpg

SDC10928.jpg

In my opinion the Sportlines seem to have lowered the arch gap to a similar size as the Cup springs did with going down an alloy size, Hoping it will be a little bit lower once the springs have settled in properly.

SDC10902.jpg

SDC10905.jpg

**Before**
SDC10763.jpg

**After**
SDC10900.jpg

**Before**
SDC10770.jpg

**After**
SDC10930.jpg

Really happy with how the car stands now and hopefully It will remain problem free through out the summer.

Future Plans are to have the car remapped, fit a sports cat as mine keeps leaking and remove my fog lights. Then the bodywork could do with freshening up as it has quite a few dings and stone chips.

Jay :approve:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks mint Jay. Hope the sportlines drop a bit more than that like as it looks higher than standard. Ha

When you coming round for the remap ?

Sam!

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Cheers Sam,

Yeah I hope so too, the back looks like it should settle better :approve:

Its all coming together now finally so can look to remap it, should be free next weekend if you are ??

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Still undecided if i should give the F1's an orange lip or leave them as they are. :S

Btw Sam, what map was it you installed on your's with the RS tuner ??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Hiyer guys,

Proberbly a silly question but do i need to change my tyre pressures at all with changing from 16's to 15's ??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
:( Since fitting the sportlines and 15 inch alloys i've noticed that every now and then when parking at home the cat catches on the floor mainly due to our alley being uneven. However today i was driving through town centre full of speed bumps and the cat hit everyone of them even when going 5mph :(. Really dont want to leave it like this as my cat already seems to leak.

Basically i was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way of raising the cat to get more clearance or wether maybe buying a decat would resolve the issue with it being smaller ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much were the oz centre caps, and where did you get them?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Im not sure on their original price, chap I bought the alloys off threw them in for an extra £10 :approve:

I think they came direct from Renault as they all had proper packaging.

Guessing your after some mate, i'll keep my eye out for another set.

Last edited:

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
:( Since fitting the sportlines and 15 inch alloys i've noticed that every now and then when parking at home the cat catches on the floor mainly due to our alley being uneven. However today i was driving through town centre full of speed bumps and the cat hit everyone of them even when going 5mph :(. Really dont want to leave it like this as my cat already seems to leak.

Basically i was hoping someone could tell me if there is a way of raising the cat to get more clearance or wether maybe buying a decat would resolve the issue with it being smaller ??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Doesn't sound normal if you're only on Sportlines? Sounds like your cat might be hanging low.
You definitely shouldn't be catching on speedbumps anyway. I know a few people on coilovers and 15's that still get clearance on speedbumps.

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Doesn't sound normal if you're only on Sportlines? Sounds like your cat might be hanging low.
You definitely shouldn't be catching on speedbumps anyway. I know a few people on coilovers and 15's that still get clearance on speedbumps.

Cheers mate, I didnt think it would be normal with just springs. I had a look and its the front part of the cat thats catching, doesnt look like any of the mounts are failing but like you said it may be hanging low down. The cat is quite noticable hanging below the car when standing side on with it, anyone else the same ?? :S

Hoping to jack it up at the weekend and see if it can be raised at all.

Thanks for the advice :approve:

225 Cup & Williams
Still looking good man, Glad you see you have bought replacement tyres for those ditch finders on the f1's ;)

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Still looking good man, Glad you see you have bought replacement tyres for those ditch finders on the f1's ;)

Cheers mate, yeah went for the rainsports. Originally wanted Toyo's but the rainsports are brilliant :approve:

Make so much difference when driving and are excellant in the wet. Thanks for your advice on changing them, im glad i did :D

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
*** REMAP DONE ***

Met up with Sam (Bonxy) on thursday and he installed the 98RON map on my car with his RS Tuner :approve: I was really suprised to see mine had no error codes, was expecting quite a list tbh. Since remapping it seems to rev so much higher and smoother, i didnt expect it to do as much as it has but in my opinion it does feel alot healthier.

Also took the time to jack the car up and have a look underneath to see where it keeps catching the floor, unfortunatley there seems to be no scuffs on the metal so im a bit puzzled :(

Another thing off the list of things to do and im very happy with how it stands currently, as ever though the list keeps growing ;)

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Seems the liquid leaking from my cat is getting worse and the car seems to be struggling, especially when cold :(

Bought a new Manifold to Cat fitting kit as mines looking past its best and the next step will be to buy a KTEC decat to go with the rest of the KTEC system. Planning on going with the silenced one though as my exhaust is loud enough tbh :approve:

Any one know if its an easy job to do by myself, Not too sure how easy it is to remove the spring bolts ?

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
Not much of an update but as the weather was decent i decided i would re paint my brake calipers. Mainly due to the poor job i did last time and the fact one had been changed and was now silver.

Anyway i think its an improvement and tidy's things up a bit, Paints still wet so should look better when dry :approve:

SDC10962.jpg

SDC10960.jpg

Next on the list is a good clean and to sort the exhaust.

Jay

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1
As everyone was at CSS and the clio was looking pretty sorry for itself i decided to give it a clean. Looks so much better in the sun, although ive noticed a lot of stone chips on the bonnet. Hoping to start repairing the bodywork soon, starting with the scratch to the door/front wing.

SDC10974.jpg

SDC10977.jpg

SDC10984.jpg

SDC10985-1.jpg

SDC10989.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't believe you've not get bumper stickers yet!

Looks awesome though.