ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Couple more parts arrived today…
Ordered the NSR arch liner from @RENBreakers on ebay saturday morning and it arrived 1st thing today. Just need to sort the area it’s going to be bolted to but that will probably be next time home.
My Gold AP10 plugs came from Opie Oils also, one for the sump and one for the gearbox.
7BED0F98-ADA2-4991-8B7A-B4F521C95AEC.jpeg

I’m just waiting on a few more little bits…
ECU repair tab and carbon inserts from @CFAB along with new oem stickers for the grille from clios&coffee.
I’ve also purchased from @Mbeau some wrapped dash trims which will do until I get some proper ones from Mega Carbon.
I do have a bit of a thing for carbon fibre. 🤦🏻‍♂️

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Would you mind sharing where you bought those retaining clips and screws for your front bumper? Could do with fresening up mine.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Would you mind sharing where you bought those retaining clips and screws for your front bumper? Could do with fresening up mine.

These are the ones I purchased. I’ll be looking for some with slightly smaller heads on them as I think they may be too wide for the rear bumper but I won’t know for sure until I check.
Perfect fit on the front arch and underneath the front of the bumper though.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Wanna play a game…
D6E8DE7E-FA14-4AA9-9D30-0112D53C4519.jpeg

Spot the difference…
5417BF9D-F66D-4EFD-9DEA-ECCCFD98A5F7.jpeg

Very impressed with these reproduction stickers from @cliosandcoffee.
On the flip side of that and this is just my opinion which I’m entitled to. My Cfab parts I’m quite disappointed in for the cost of the items. No backing adhesive for the carbon tabs and no instructions for either the ecu repair tab or the carbon parts. I think my ecu is snapped too far back so I may end up drilling the tap to put a 2nd bolt in to support it.
ABF3DEF6-B1A2-4741-804A-ACF73C983CD4.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Wanna play a game…
View attachment 1577681
Spot the difference…View attachment 1577680
On the flip side of that and this is just my opinion which I’m entitled to. My Cfab parts I’m quite disappointed in for the cost of the items. No backing adhesive for the carbon tabs and no instructions for either the ecu repair tab or the carbon parts. I think my ecu is snapped too far back so I may end up drilling the tap to put a 2nd bolt in to support it.
View attachment 1577682
Stickers look good, it's a shame there are recesses as it would make plain look loads better!

Thought cfab was sending those to you for free going off their post?

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Stickers look good, it's a shame there are recesses as it would make plain look loads better!

Like you say if it hadn’t been recessed I would have left it as was as plain is better.
At least they come in baggies, clearly they're reused and came with some serious drugs in the first time round judging by the prices of the products

I'll await for him to come along and start crying because someone has an opinion about his products
I’ve messaged him direct and told him the same thing as I’ve posted here.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff

Why would I be sending out free parts?

im a generous fella but not that generous, I did discount him on both his parts and send for free though. As he was ordering them together. 👌🏼

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Wanna play a game…
View attachment 1577681
Spot the difference…View attachment 1577680
View attachment 1577682

You’re more than welcome to an opinion of course.

The carbon parts like all carbon parts currently available for mk2 clios are all self bonded on. Even mega carbon don’t supply adhesive, I tried to get sachets of adhesive but it would be too expensive to buy in and then sell on with these.

I advertise mainly on social media and there is an ECU repair tab guide on my socials which are as follows.

CFARenault sport products. - Facebook.

cfab_reanaultsport.products - Instagram.

You received a discount for both parts and free shipping as you had a cable tie holding your currently broken ECU tab.

They are such an easy pair of products to fit that I have never received a complaint.
The ecu tab you simply slide over the broken part, if it is bent like most are you align it up with pliers before fitting my tab. It really is a 2 min job and fabricating one yourself you could have done before buying mine so not sure what you expected.

As for the carbon parts you bond them on. Not really a hard thing to work out it’s just common sense there.

You also asked for the Carbon parts to be added to your order so I would have assumed you knew what they were and how to attach them. I opted for bonding as any double sided tape would make the carbon raised and not sit flush with the bumper moulded part.

Appreciate your feedback.

Cfab.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
At least they come in baggies, clearly they're reused and came with some serious drugs in the first time round judging by the prices of the products

I'll await for him to come along and start crying because someone has an opinion about his products

Accusing me of drug use due to supplying neat bags to keep the products together, Oh dear

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I’ve sold over 500 products now and I suppose 1 bad review in 500 isn’t too bad. I have the 499 good reviews to keep me from not crying luckily….

Thanks for your feedback, regards CFAB

👍🏽

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Why would I be sending out free parts?

im a generous fella but not that generous, I did discount him on both his parts and send for free though. As he was ordering them together. 👌🏼

Cover looks good mate, did we get an ecu repor tab out to you? Noticed yours was broken with a cable tie and I can’t allow this im afraid 😆.

coming together now mate 👌🏼

The wording of this made it sound like you were sending an ECU repair tab for free.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Accusing me of drug use due to supplying neat bags to keep the products together, Oh dear

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I’ve sold over 500 products now and I suppose 1 bad review in 500 isn’t too bad. I have the 499 good reviews to keep me from not crying luckily….

Thanks for your feedback, regards CFAB

👍🏽
Going from what @Yorkshire Pudding posted, he’s not accusing you of being a drug dealer mate. I think he’s aiming at you being on drugs for the the prices of parts you’re supplying?

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
The wording of this made it sound like you were sending an ECU repair tab for free.

No business sends stuff out for free, I’m a nice guy but yeah not that nice.

I wanted his ecu secured with it being boosted probably under more movement etc.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No business sends stuff out for free, I’m a nice guy but yeah not that nice.

I wanted his ecu secured with it being boosted probably under more movement etc.
A lot of businesses do, but that's beside the point. I'm just saying how it came across in the original post.

I dont really care either way 😂

Car is getting there @t90_lle. Whens it going to Alex?

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
A lot of businesses do, but that's beside the point. I'm just saying how it came across in the original post.

I dont really care either way 😂

Car is getting there @t90_lle. Whens it going to Alex?

Doing my head in aswell mate 😆.

Just trying to help people out and it back fires. 🙈

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Doing my head in aswell mate 😆.

Just trying to help people out and it back fires. 🙈
Helping out would be sending them it for free lol which is what the original post sounded like.

Selling them a product is not helping them out.

I don't care either way, maybe it's the way you write your posts thst come across that way bud.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
Helping out would be sending them it for free lol which is what the original post sounded like.

Selling them a product is not helping them out.

I don't care either way, maybe it's the way you write your posts thst come across that way bud.

Perhaps yeah,

But as a small business I can’t be doing that, I’d love to but even if I did it would of back fired lol.

As I’ve said I discounted them and sent for free, he asked for the carbon bits also. I just wanted his ECU secured as the cable tie in his bay was very bodged looking after all the nice pipe work etc.

Can’t win it seems.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
@CFAB is it possible that the ecu mount can snap not leaving enough material for your bracket to fit onto? Mine snapped really close to the ecu.

Some have properly snapped yeah, I think the spot welds give out on 182 ones, but 172 are more open so perhaps the whole ecu case on that point is weakened.

If so I can custom make a tab that will secure it if you’d like based off my cad drawing tabs that I sell.

luckily the OP’s tab is very much still there from the picture I saw here.
He will be able to slide it on and put the tab supplied to great use, if not there is a lot of tab left to elongate the tab supplied so it attaches.

C2E590A0-8F5A-4424-9299-638680B63134.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Some have properly snapped yeah, I think the spot welds give out on 182 ones, but 172 are more open so perhaps the whole ecu case on that point is weakened.

If so I can custom make a tab that will secure it if you’d like based off my cad drawing tabs that I sell.
I sorted mine when it was in bits by riveting on a piece of plate and shaping it to the oe bolt. It's ridiculous how flimsy the ecu mount is and I can see them snapping at the bottom in a few years as the rust eats through them.

CFAB

ClioSport Trader
  Cliosport 182 ff
I sorted mine when it was in bits by riveting on a piece of plate and shaping it to the oe bolt. It's ridiculous how flimsy the ecu mount is and I can see them snapping at the bottom in a few years as the rust eats through them.

yeah they are very bad without proper support. Hence why I developed my tabs.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So as my 3 weeks away at work draws to a close, I've been doing more online shopping and have purchased a @pure-motorsport stub axle kit along with various other little bits and pieces. On my leave I plan to fit the stub axle spacers along with 16mm hubcentric spacers upfront along with the PMS stud conversion kit I ran on my BG to give the Inferno a much needed injection of "stance" :ROFLMAO:

I also plan to have a go at sorting the rear archer liner hopefully it wont give me to much grief🤞

Thanks again to @plees for sending me out another brass bush for the gear linkage, I really liked how the last one felt in the BG so this will be a good set up with the ZPO extension which was fitted by the previous owner.

I have been on the hunt for a Milltek non res pipe for a while now and have even contacted Milltek direct and various other suppliers. They are all coming back at around £125ish except Milltek who will not supply me one direct. But honestly £120 plus for a just pipe is crazy!! I think i might look at the local Powerflow company to see how much it would be for them to make me up one.

Hopefully Alex will be in contact soon with a date for me to take the car down for the new engine too!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
And so begins the pain of fitting the acquired new parts starting with the PMS axel spacers…
Wire brushed and soaked the torx and nuts on the rear side.
74EFDCB1-7F49-4A63-B339-B13169F1CCC7.jpeg
B219061C-24E1-49A6-B019-2E2B13E36093.jpeg

However removing the caliper was a bit of a chew due to the lip on the disc which wasn’t massive by any means but enough to cause some grief.
Front side…
E0DB2178-F967-433A-BE6E-5201D1731916.jpeg

Rear side… 😱
8A1C192A-7320-4809-B5D2-FBBDA427788D.jpeg

I know the rear brakes on these do next to naff all but wow! Luckily for me I remembered that the previous owner gave me some new discs and pads so dug them out ready to fit.
E8027590-F729-4674-A24C-E12408A46A82.jpeg

Nothing special for the rear by any stretch of the imagination but they’ll do the job.
As is usually the way family duties stopped tinkering time in the garage at this point. When I came in I started thinking I should clean up and paint the calipers whilst I’m here doing this work. Undecided on red or silver 🤷🏻‍♂️

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I know you're having fun with the inferno but...
I know @Porl a few people have sent me screen shots and tagged me in on fb about it.
I did offer the lad to buy it before I got my Inferno but in reality I’m glad I didn’t. It’s not the same car it was to me anymore. I’d rather remember it how it was.