ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy. LY Megane R26

LY R26 #288
After three years and 50,000 miles in my 182, I decided to sell it and move onto something else.

So I read a thread on this forum about Megane's 225/R26. Had a little search and saw a couple of Liquid Yellow R26's on ebay and decided that's what I wanted. I wanted something with similar performance to the Clio but a little more comfortable and slightly bigger.

I found the one I wanted on ebay, it was from a dealer in Wales. Fair old trek but when looking for rarer cars you have to travel to find a good one. Saturday morning I set off at 7am for the 200 mile journey, I returned at 6pm with my new purchase :)

Here it is, number 288 LY R26.

11277819564_33d7a33b17_z.jpg

DSCF3142 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11278117754_7875595401_z.jpg

DSCF3137 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11278082126_ef5be4f2fa_z.jpg

DSCF3139 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11278075076_ff54602599_z.jpg

DSCF3140 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11278129413_94fc148038_z.jpg

DSCF3148 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11278040276_7c26a3da05_z.jpg

DSCF3155 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Gave it a quick clean today and went out for some quick snaps with my very outdated camera haha.

2 previous owners, 53k, FSH and completely standard.

Really enjoying it so far. The only thing I can fault is that it doesn't have xenons. Coming from the 182 the lights seem so dull!.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Joe!! Very nice! I thought you could get the projector lights to fit?

Need to to meet up to see this! Fancy putting on the RR at SRR in feb?

LY R26 #288
Nice Joe!! Very nice! I thought you could get the projector lights to fit?

Need to to meet up to see this! Fancy putting on the RR at SRR in feb?

Haha thanks pal. I think theres more to it as the xenon headlights are selft adjusting so need the sensor on the rear beam. I probably will bring it to the rolling road to be honest with you. Wanna see what its putting out. Can't believe you sold the 182!

Very very nice mate, much difference pace wise compared to the 182?
Biggest difference is the torque. But yeah it pulls harder than my old 182. My mate bought my 182 and the R26 definitely pulls on it. Not sure about the handling, road conditions are terrible at the moment lol!

Nice one! How much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?
I paid 7k for it. The dealer had two, one had 80k on the clocks and was 5999 or the one I bought which had 53k for a grand more.

Looks awesome !

Although it does have xenons?

Thanks buddy. No it deffo doesn't have xenons. After searching on the meg forum, it was an optional extra and the xenon headlights have a sort of black surround inside the headlight apparently.

225 Cup & Williams
Doesn't have xenons. The ph2 meganes all came with projector headlights. You can fit a hid kit to them easily though.

Your car looks a beauty mate.

LY R26 #288
Doesn't have xenons. The ph2 meganes all came with projector headlights. You can fit a hid kit to them easily though.

Your car looks a beauty mate.

Thanks mate. Yeah I might consider a hid kit. I thought it was a job to get an mot with hid kits now?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
You got washers so you might get away with it. also with projectors your beam pattern will be good.
check someone has put the head lights bulbs in right makes a huge difference.

LY R26 #288
You got washers so you might get away with it. also with projectors your beam pattern will be good.
check someone has put the head lights bulbs in right makes a huge difference.

You can put them in wrong? lol.

Is there a nack to using the handbrake? I don't like it, I'm always messing about trying to get it off lol.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah pull up a little and use the button. also how much does the hand bit move.

Yeah you can put the bulbs in wrong see it every day.

LY R26 #288
Lemon it moves a little bit if your referring to the handle. I'm slowly getting used to it. My old dear has a convertible megane and it's the same.

Cheers mark. Will have to pop round and have a proper look at your st! Surrey rr is definatley on the cards.

LY R26 #288
Cool I will look into the short shifter mod. Looks like someone on the meg forum does it.

The list of to dos is growing

Hids
Short shifter
Stage 1 :)

LY R26 #288
Thanks Karl. Looks like a nice cheap mod! Everyone seems to be raving about if.

It is nice to have boost again. Much different to my old punto gt. That was absolutely gutless below 3k off boost. The Megane is much more linear.

I've got one issue. There seems to be about three quid stuck in the runners under the recaros lol. I can hear the coins rolling up and down under braking and acceleration it's driving me insane.

From what I can see the only way to get the coins out is to take the seat out and tip it up.

Anyone had this problem before? Lol

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks Karl. Looks like a nice cheap mod! Everyone seems to be raving about if.

It is nice to have boost again. Much different to my old punto gt. That was absolutely gutless below 3k off boost. The Megane is much more linear.

I've got one issue. There seems to be about three quid stuck in the runners under the recaros lol. I can hear the coins rolling up and down under braking and acceleration it's driving me insane.

From what I can see the only way to get the coins out is to take the seat out and tip it up.

Anyone had this problem before? Lol

My meg does this too... annoying the f**k out of me.

Let me know if you find an easy way to get the coins!

LY R26 #288
Lol oh they're coming out. Whatever happens. It's so annoying.

It shouldn't be too bad to take the seat out and get them out. Only four torx bolts holding them In and a couple of electrical connectors.

LY Megane R26
Very nice mate!
Just bought one myself, defiantly the best colour:)

As said short shifter is awesome, totally transforms the car, a must do!

Enjoy:)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Lemon it moves a little bit if your referring to the handle. I'm slowly getting used to it. My old dear has a convertible megane and it's the same.

Cheers mark. Will have to pop round and have a proper look at your st! Surrey rr is definatley on the cards.

Try twisting and releasing. i always just hold the pressure off on mine.
but they are poor.

LY R26 #288
Thanks for the advice.

Ordered 6000k hid kit, boot light which seems to be missing and new wipers.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Looks great. Thinking a megane is next in store for me too.

Classic Goodwood background too.