ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy. LY Megane R26

LY R26 #288
More spending tonight. Whenever I get a new car I have to get it the way I want it lol.

Tonight I ordered a full service kit with elf evolution sxr plus a new thermostat as my temp gauge seems to be moving around a lot.

Gonna be a busy week...

Fit hids
Remove chair to get rattling coins out
Full service
Fit thermostat
Fit boot light and glove box light which have been removed for some reason :S

All that'll leave is Renault sport mats and a nice new gear knob insert to get.

Been running it back and forth to work and trip is showing 27.5mpg. Did give it quiet a heavy session over the weekend when I filled it up though.

At the moment the roads are so slippery it's just breaking traction in 2nd and 3rd when planting your foot.

Really looking forward to getting some dry warmer weather so I can get the proper feel for it.

LY R26 #288
Very nice

When are you going to turn up the boost :)

Lol. The most the car is going to see is stage 1.

It's a toss up between going to rs tuning in Leeds for a live map which is a hell of a long way to go or using my rs tuner to put Henks stage 1 map on. Which will cost the grand total of 150 euro to unlock and buy the map.

I trust Henks tuning but I understand that a live map will see the best results. Hmmmm

Whatever i choose probably won't be until after Xmas :)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
What does a stage 1 take it too then 250 BHP ish ?

I had the RS map on my old 172 and it was a good system .

Will look out for it on my way home . I will be in a gay little 106D or a Black MR2 GTS :)

Alan

Lol. The most the car is going to see is stage 1.

It's a toss up between going to rs tuning in Leeds for a live map which is a hell of a long way to go or using my rs tuner to put Henks stage 1 map on. Which will cost the grand total of 150 euro to unlock and buy the map.

I trust Henks tuning but I understand that a live map will see the best results. Hmmmm

Whatever i choose probably won't be until after Xmas :)

LY R26 #288
Yeah should be around that marker. Sometimes more from what I've read.

Pretty tempted to stage one it before the surrey rolling road in feb. Then I can check it's healthy and what it's putting out.

I had Henks rs tuner map on my 182. And that pulled a healthy 180bhp at last years surrey rolling road. So I'm very confident in his work.

Lol @ gay 106 d. I'll keep an eye out. Expect you'll see me before I see you haha.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah gay Mon - Thursday then if it ever gets less wet on the road I will take my Turbo out LOL .

What date is the SRR in feb I want to go and see what she is at after I fit my Greedy intercooler .

Alan

Yeah should be around that marker. Sometimes more from what I've read.

Pretty tempted to stage one it before the surrey rolling road in feb. Then I can check it's healthy and what it's putting out.

I had Henks rs tuner map on my 182. And that pulled a healthy 180bhp at last years surrey rolling road. So I'm very confident in his work.

Lol @ gay 106 d. I'll keep an eye out. Expect you'll see me before I see you haha.

LY R26 #288
My mate is bringing my old 182 aswell. Be interesting to see if it makes more power then last year.

You should come it's a good day out.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Meet there or convoy up, whatever suits.

I tend to meet up directly there as I go via Farnborough to pick a mate up.

If you are coming get your name down in the thread soon...with you being RWD they'll need to know in advance to determine the running order.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Ok will do .

I will have a look at the thread and the date should be fine .

I might see if I can go up with some one as my nav skills are poor at best LOL

Alan

Meet there or convoy up, whatever suits.

I tend to meet up directly there as I go via Farnborough to pick a mate up.

If you are coming get your name down in the thread soon...with you being RWD they'll need to know in advance to determine the running order.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Stage 1 on mine took it to 275bhp with no other mods whatsoever. But then as the previous owner will testify, it's a bit of a freak. I think Gray has the only other R26 in the country which made over 270bhp with just a stage 1.

Mine has since had FMIC, Forge actuator, Milltek full system, ITG Cosworth induction etc. etc.

Would be interesting to get it RR'd.

Also, regarding the lights, mine are R26.R headlights with Phillips bulbs and do the job just fine. Haven't had an issue with visibility and I came from Xenons in the 182 as well.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
That is one big gain from just a map :eek:

Im up for this and signed up for the SRR :) how are you going up there Joe ?

Alan

Stage 1 on mine took it to 275bhp with no other mods whatsoever. But then as the previous owner will testify, it's a bit of a freak. I think Gray has the only other R26 in the country which made over 270bhp with just a stage 1.

Mine has since had FMIC, Forge actuator, Milltek full system, ITG Cosworth induction etc. etc.

Also, regarding the lights, mine are R26.R headlights with Phillips bulbs and do the job just fine. Haven't had an issue with visibility and I came from Xenons in the 182 as well.

LY R26 #288
Ok will do .

I will have a look at the thread and the date should be fine .

I might see if I can go up with some one as my nav skills are poor at best LOL

Alan

You could convoy up with me and my mate, I followed Mark before.

That's a nice figure to have just from stage 1. I'd be happy with 260. I bet it pulls like a train now.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I may take you up on that as I may never get there / find it otherwise LOL

You could convoy up with me and my mate, I followed Mark before.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I was going to say there was the only odd super freak stage 1 out there!

Mine was bob on 225bhp before map and and made 253.7bhp afterwards - makes a hell of a difference.

I'd like to get my around the 280bhp mark and I'll be happy.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
What BAR is it running at stage 1 ???

I was going to say there was the only odd super freak stage 1 out there!

Mine was bob on 225bhp before map and and made 253.7bhp afterwards - makes a hell of a difference.

I'd like to get my around the 280bhp mark and I'll be happy.

LY R26 #288
Stage 1 is 1 bar I think. Possibly with 1.2 bar over boost? I think that's what I've read. 0.8 bar is standard I think.

LY R26 #288
Thanks for all the positive comments :). For some reason I thought you'd got rid of yours Tim?

Some progress today...

Removed the drivers seat to remove them rattling coins!

11344599584_e7ba47c484_z.jpg

IMG_0746 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

£3.25 removed.. lol
11344491035_5cc445c521_z.jpg

IMG_0747 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

Nice easy job really. 4 Torx bolts and an electrical connector and the jobs done. Was surprised at the weight of the seat though. Just tipped it up and the coins fell out.

Hoping my service kit comes tomorrow and I've got my hids to fit.

LY R26 #288
Noooo not yet. Probably before the rolling road day.

Fitted my tune point today and my hids. The hids are a vast improvement over the standard bulbs.

Service in the morning along with the thermostat then give it a bloody good seeing to tomorrow night haha.

Gotta say getting the bumper off to do the hids was a piece of pis.

Just hit warning light on the fuel gauge. Managed 300 miles on that tank. Not bad for mostly commuting and short journeys.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Take care as the roads are not nice around our way

Noooo not yet. Probably before the rolling road day.

Fitted my tune point today and my hids. The hids are a vast improvement over the standard bulbs.

Service in the morning along with the thermostat then give it a bloody good seeing to tomorrow night haha.

Gotta say getting the bumper off to do the hids was a piece of pis.

Just hit warning light on the fuel gauge. Managed 300 miles on that tank. Not bad for mostly commuting and short journeys.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If you are looking for a live map and don't fancy the drive to Leeds I would suggest having a word with Mike at MWM in surrey

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for all the positive comments :). For some reason I thought you'd got rid of yours Tim?

Some progress today...

Removed the drivers seat to remove them rattling coins!

£3.25 removed.. lol

Nice easy job really. 4 Torx bolts and an electrical connector and the jobs done. Was surprised at the weight of the seat though. Just tipped it up and the coins fell out.

Hoping my service kit comes tomorrow and I've got my hids to fit.

No, still got the R26. I don't think I'll ever sell it as its such a great car.

It's getting a full respray soon as well.

If you are looking for a live map and don't fancy the drive to Leeds I would suggest having a word with Mike at MWM in surrey

I don't think Mike maps Megane's as I asked him about building/mapping a new engine for mine.

LY R26 #288
So done 1200 miles in it now, and loving it.

Managed to squeeze 42mpg out of it on a long run and I seem to be managing 350 miles out of a tank using v power. Unfortunately still haven't been able to push the car due to the weather. Its been shocking.

So far..

Full Service
Cam belt, aux belt + tensioners, water pump & crank pulley (done this due to the stamp in the book looking like some dodgy back street garage in wales so decided to play it safe and do the job properly myself considering I already had the timing tools)
New thermostat
Genuine RenaultSport Mats
New wipers
Hids
New exhaust mounts (they were shot to bits)

Things left to do

Decent tires (probably go for the Hankook V12's I had on the 182. Really rated them)
Stage 1 mapping
Still after a glove box light and boot light which seems to be a dealer only part

Me and my mate are supposed to be going up to the evo triangle on the 10th, hopefully the weather wont be so bad. Never been up there so looking forward to checking that out.

LY R26 #288
I'm probably going to put the stage one map on using the RStuner which is the more favourable option as its going to cost 150 euro.

The alternative is to goto Paul at RStuning but that's in leeds so probably a 500 mile round trip for me plus the £400 for the mapping or whatever it is.

Paul also sells a remote box similar to the RS tuner and sends you the map. So personally I can't see what the difference is between that and Henks RS tuner box?. Obviously you can expect better gains from a live map but I can't see how people can say Pauls 'generic' map is better than Henks one without actually comparing the two.

So 150 euro is about £125. £125 to hopefully take it upto 260bhp sounds like a steal.

Now where is my RS tuner..... lol!

Unfortunately due to the weather being so piss poor I haven't had time for pics yet lol.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Good update :)

So does the RS map just up the boost to what ever BAR/PSI as a live map you could take advantage of say induction , intercooler exhaust upgrades .

Alan

I'm probably going to put the stage one map on using the RStuner which is the more favourable option as its going to cost 150 euro.

The alternative is to goto Paul at RStuning but that's in leeds so probably a 500 mile round trip for me plus the £400 for the mapping or whatever it is.

Paul also sells a remote box similar to the RS tuner and sends you the map. So personally I can't see what the difference is between that and Henks RS tuner box?. Obviously you can expect better gains from a live map but I can't see how people can say Pauls 'generic' map is better than Henks one without actually comparing the two.

So 150 euro is about £125. £125 to hopefully take it upto 260bhp sounds like a steal.

Now where is my RS tuner..... lol!

Unfortunately due to the weather being so piss poor I haven't had time for pics yet lol.

LY R26 #288
I'm not sure how it works tbh. The generic stage 1 map ups the boost from 12psi(0.8 bar) to 18psi(1.2 bar) as does the live map as far as I'm aware?.

I don't really know how they squeeze more out of a live map? must be to do with fueling/ignition timing I should imagine?.

If it was an argument between Paul @ RStuning's live map vs Henks generic map I'd be a bit more cautious. But the mere fact Paul does a generic map aswell says to me that theres absolutely nothing wrong with using Henks map either. A lot of the meg lads swear by Paul and argue they wouldn't touch Henks maps or anyone elses for that matter. IMO Henks 98Ron map for the clio was outstanding and no one has ever had any problems with it as far as I'm aware, and neither have the people that have used Henks stage one map on the megs.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very nice mate, exactly like my old one. Mine was number 233. Was completely standard too. I'd thoroughly recommend putting Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on it. Check the reviews and trust me, with those on it and some drier weather you will soon find its ability. They just grip and grip the LSD is incredible. Coming from the R26 to a 182 (I know most people do it the other way around) I had more confidence in the Meg than the Clio...