ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Twingo TCE Gordini

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Pipercross pannel filter fitted today turbo makes a much louder whistle on spool up now and the car feels much better as these always do with a better filter

Ordered Bilstein B14 coilovers :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had it on the autobahn lastnight, still on standard software too! went well!
d3rc.jpg

Monaco
Every time this thread gets an update I click it hoping the wheels/stance is sorted. Always disappointed.

[edit] Just read wheels are staying. Spacers and drop. I'd love to see it.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Dont understand where all the hate is coming from.

Nice little car - agree on the wheels in terms of sorting out colouring.

Just enjoy it - dont molest it too much.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get me wrong, I really like twingos. I also really dislike the gordinis, twingo and Clio versions. Just tacky marketing fluff IMO

It was for me the best one to get, as it ment I could get a 2011 TCE with all the modern Bluetooth handsfree, music streaming etc where if I went for another GT I would have been limited to an older one so for me this was worth the premium over a GT which are still holding massive cash anyway!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
When I heard that Gordini was coming back to the marque I was like "yeeeessssss" but then they raped it harder than Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls movie.

A great car but needs wheels replacing (Turinni's look epic), lowering and then all the white tack (IMO) colour coding.

The interior is terrible to. Obviously the person that decided what the 197 TL4 gear ratios would be wasn't fired but re-tasked to the Gordini image design team.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sadly no street view overhere, i'll try get a pic, it was spooky!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate turned up in my old one today for a chin wag, since I sold it its had a front mount intercooler and K-Tec cat back fitted, the exhaust sounds awesome, driving about town its properly quiet you can hardly hear it unless you tickle the snail, on boost it sounds brilliant though you can hear the turbo forcing the air out the back! and lets out a bang on most gearchanges.

d1c0.jpg

rjt1.jpg

2uky.jpg

q6sp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It's no wonder it and the others were money pits if you get them then spend k's sorting them out only to sell them for what is imo a far worse car then a freshened up 1*2.
Your old car was far superior after you'd sorted it:(.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I get easily bored, ive always fancied a flamer, so I bought one, got it to the spec I wanted it, box ticked, sold on!

this drives better, is better on fuel, more toys, comfier, quieter, under warranty, cheaper to service/tax/insure, doesn't rattle and with £400 is just as fast.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I get easily bored, ive always fancied a flamer, so I bought one, got it to the spec I wanted it, box ticked, sold on!

this drives better, is better on fuel, more toys, comfier, quieter, under warranty, cheaper to service/tax/insure, doesn't rattle and with £400 is just as fast.

Prove me wrong with some solid evidence (youtube vids at least) but if not I don't beleive that...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Prove me wrong with some solid evidence (youtube vids at least) but if not I don't beleive that...
50kg less weight, 20bhp less, 10lb/ft more torque and from 2000rpm, short ratio box geared to 125mph, on the road theres nothing in it, the exact same reason theres nothing in it between a mildly breathed on 106gti/saxo vts in the real world

With the new interior 3 bulb light is it hard to wire up? Looking to get one for my clio 3

same connector mate just a straight swap

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
172 injectors and an rs tuning remap will give you in the region of 145bhp 150lbft of torque, brakes are more than upto the job, GT has quicker steering, re tuned dampers and stiffer springs so handles extremely well, although a set of coilovers do transform it.