ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Twingo TCE Gordini

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Was down at RS Tuning yesterday, stuck it on the rollers and straight away it pulled a 107bhp 115lb/ft run and horribly enough as soon as the overboost came on at 4500rpm the injectors ran at 100% duty until the limiter!

so 172 injectors went in, paul worked his magic on it and managed to get 124bhp and 152lb/ft from it but inlet temperatures with the stock intercooler were killing it so this is next to be changed, I thought I would get away with the passengers foglight removed blasting air at the stock intercooler but in reality its just too small!

Paul recons with an intercooler change and exhaust there is upto another 15bhp in it! when we are starting to hit the limit of the stock turbo.

the 172 injectors are already hitting 85% duty though!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
goes alright, hardly a scientific form of timing but im counting that about 4 seconds off the 0-100mph time of a 172 and 2 seconds faster than a Twingo 133!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
e8yhe8yv.png

:(

twingo
why did you get banned martin? that's crazy, you're one of the cooler guys on 133.net :) and a local lol

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
Was down at RS Tuning yesterday, stuck it on the rollers and straight away it pulled a 107bhp 115lb/ft run and horribly enough as soon as the overboost came on at 4500rpm the injectors ran at 100% duty until the limiter!

so 172 injectors went in, paul worked his magic on it and managed to get 124bhp and 152lb/ft from it but inlet temperatures with the stock intercooler were killing it so this is next to be changed, I thought I would get away with the passengers foglight removed blasting air at the stock intercooler but in reality its just too small!

Paul recons with an intercooler change and exhaust there is upto another 15bhp in it! when we are starting to hit the limit of the stock turbo.

the 172 injectors are already hitting 85% duty though!!

That's not bad at all, i have a Clio tce, de cat pipe , panel filter etc etc... was thinking about changing the intercooler/172's then a map... I know its a twingo you have, but what's it feel like now compared to standard, big difference?

What's the tuner place like?, is it all done in a day? AND was it expensive? PM me if you prefer. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get much info as poss before i commit.

Thanks Craig

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That's not bad at all, i have a Clio tce, de cat pipe , panel filter etc etc... was thinking about changing the intercooler/172's then a map... I know its a twingo you have, but what's it feel like now compared to standard, big difference?

What's the tuner place like?, is it all done in a day? AND was it expensive? PM me if you prefer. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get much info as poss before i commit.

Thanks Craig

its night and day mate it was always nippy but now its properly quick for what it is weighing 970kg or there abouts i beleive it is. The figures dont tell the full story though the poeer delivery is brilliant proper torquey low down now! Any gear sink the boot and it pulls like a train from 1800rpm, we done a before and after and its 4 seconds faster 40-80mph in 5th!

paul at rstuning is the only place i would let map one of these engines when changing injectors thats why i made the 4hr drive each way. It will most definately be worth it for you running a decat he said that plus the intercooler was what was holding mine back. Intercooler will be a doddle for you because of the better location on the clio, and more room.

i was £475 including fitting the injectors, i supplied them you will get a set for £20-£40

took about 3hrs

twingo
really, that's all? no swearing at moderators or threatening to knife someones tyres lol sorry to hear that man but i suppose you don't buy cars for forum privileges lol :p pheww

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Lol nothing at all i just uploaded the video with a brief description explaining the wet conditions and s**t start never mentioned anything about gt vs rs lol

its pretty quiet anyway and since they are very similar to clios theres loads more info on here anyway!

Clio MK3- Chatterbox
its night and day mate it was always nippy but now its properly quick for what it is weighing 970kg or there abouts i beleive it is. The figures dont tell the full story though the poeer delivery is brilliant proper torquey low down now! Any gear sink the boot and it pulls like a train from 1800rpm, we done a before and after and its 4 seconds faster 40-80mph in 5th!

paul at rstuning is the only place i would let map one of these engines when changing injectors thats why i made the 4hr drive each way. It will most definately be worth it for you running a decat he said that plus the intercooler was what was holding mine back. Intercooler will be a doddle for you because of the better location on the clio, and more room.

i was £475 including fitting the injectors, i supplied them you will get a set for £20-£40

took about 3hrs

Wow... Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand the clio does weight more, it has always felt nippy i agree.. just want that extra power, not really speed I'm after.

So this is the place in leeds yeah? Might fire over a email...

I have had look at the intercooler and yes your right, so much more room at the front. Im the middle of changing the turbo at the mo, blew the last one by blanking the recirc valve so it made the turbo chatter, which sounded epic, but only lasted a year and 40k miles.....
I would like to fit TD03 turbo, seems a straight swap, but dont know if yet again it will need mapping.....

Good to know about the injectors, thank you

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Pauls your guy to talk to if your considering changing turbo etc. Yeah hes in leeds. He did mention even the 172 injectors are running at 85% duty so when changing turbos then you need to uprate the fuel pump and again better injectors, i beleive megane rs ones should fit though

twingo
martin you're right, i only say megane 225/230 injectors to the people who plan on doing bigger turbo modifications so that they'll have bigger leeway as they upgrade with the duty cycles and what have you. certainly if you just want to do a basic map + injectors with no major modifications, 172/182 injectors will be spot on. i noticed an overwhelming increase in driveability when i got my car remapped. same engine as martins, 136bhp no decat or anything to make me feel dizzy as MOT day approaches it's excellent to drive puts a massive smile on your face and turns me 40mpg every day sitting at 60 on the motorway can't ask for more than that ..... well i wouldn't mind a 172 phase 1, because those are just absolutely gorgeous..... for track days offcourse :D

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Try Airtec, see if they will make an intercooler for it ;) Speak to Alan, hes a top bloke!

Impressive figures from what it started out with.

twingo
look at a mishimoto z line. that'll be all you need for your TCE, it'll fit nicely and if you go for the black stealthy one it will look meaty. costs 118 from the mishimoto site or 118+ delivery from driftworks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I tried a standard focus st intercooled on my last one and it was just too big and no more, would have fitted no problem if i was willing to trim plastic support from inside the bumper or remove the lower grill but i wanted it as factory as possible! Still got it actually!

yeah oscar, drivability is much better, took a bit of getting used to actually the throttle map seemed much sharper! But either im getting used to it or the ecu is adjusting!

who mapped yours?

twingo
it was done almost two years ago by my mate anthony who works with a le mans gt team now but at the time he was just finishing his university degree we done on the road mapping over a weekend of playing around. i've had a TD04 turbo sat in my garage for as long as i've had the map, i'm waiting untill the engines a bit older closer to 100k miles before i justify myself spending more money on forged internals, TD04 install and a frankenstein with the 1.4 tce head (although i have not looked at both to see if this is possible, although i'd assume it would work in theory) always had a keen interest in having fun with smaller turbocharged engines

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
handy mate to have!!
TD04 will be impressive had a shot of a TD04 powered starlet many moons ago and it was terrifying lol!

1.4 TCE 130 head will be a mega challenge, maby better just flowing the standard head better, I know it has VVT so management would be an issue unless you locked it out.

twingo
this is true but it would be an easy enough object to get around. already discussed it with cat cams in regards to having the GT cams made, to keep it basic they said when i'm ready with the cylinder head and all just to send it too them and they'll develop the cams for me (at a price) and also have agreed to do a set of stage 2 GT cams once i track down a cylinder head so that's an equally good option as the first cylinder head for the standard GT was cracked so i sent it back and none have became available since and as we know realistically martin this would also require aftermarket management to be able to properly handle the mapping requirements. i'm certainly not out to become a deathknell towards twingo rs owners, it's actually more to satisfy my curiosity. currently i've just ordered the honda jazz mugen spoiler so that i can extend / shorten and modify it to take the shape of the twingo's boot lid. as you can see, i don't like being told stuff can't be done with a bit of old school determination anything can fit anything. i just bloody hope it looks half decent lol!

Twingo Gordini RS133
haha cheers mate! Ehh i posted up the video above, remember its against forum rules to have a gt thats quicker than an rs lol!!
Most remapped GTs with circa 130hp will be as quick or quicker than a standard or remapped 133 in a straight line sprint as the GT will have plenty of torque.

The ban(which Isn't permanent) goes back to your last vids showing you and your mate on the dual carriageway, which I thought we had covered. Now, another at over 100.

Didn't Renault do a fair amount of internal changes to the D4F when they created the Tce from it?

Twingo Gordini RS133
The casting looks to be different for the exhaust side. Possibly to improve cooling of the Ex side. Could still be interchangeable...

Are the valves the same size.
Is the cam position, valve gear etc the same, to keep the same valve lift ratio
Are the valve spring seats the same height and same springs/caps used