ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Please tell me you shouted ''WATCH THIS'' before it happened??

That makes crashing cool iirc.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the wheels dont look that bad... i would look at getting them fixed...

Finally got a few days off (due to changing rotas), so cracked on with the car. Currently got standard wheels up front on some Uniroyal Rainsport 2 205/45/16s from the ZR, which were very close in diameter to the 215/40/17s of the Falkens. Rear wheels will be the front Regas with the 225/45s put on them, for the speedo.

So today I've ripped the rear anti roll bar off, the 2 toe arms and the 2 lower arms. Also filled the O/S CV joint up with some Shell Retinax LX2 and resecured the boot. Will need some new droplinks for the ARB come MOT time, so that's a nice excuse for some Whiteline ARBs ;)

A few images, not took many today as I wanted to crack on...

18102010181.jpg

Damaged vs Non Damaged lower arm

Broken bits off...
18102010182.jpg

18102010184.jpg

A quick flash of the straight lower arms

So I'm now waiting on Parcel Farce bringing my new Driftworks toe arms tomorrow. Next big hurdle then will be if it all aligns properly!

Also, a little something to perk the rear window up...
18102010183.jpg

That's all for today.

Get a supercharger on it!

FLOL at the bottom of this thread...
Visitors found this page by searching for:
wheel arch rust 200sx, how to fit intercooler 200sx where to cut battery tray, 200sx s14a for sale 2010, nissan 200sx s14a front splitter, 200sx scotland

The rust one cracks me up!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hero. Confesses and gets the f*ck on with it. Top man.

Poor Regas though... I was drooling over them last week. You b*stard.

Hero. Confesses and gets the f*ck on with it. Top man.

Poor Regas though... I was drooling over them last week. You b*stard.

No point bullshitting with the slippery road tales, it's so blatant it's unreal!

I know, still waiting for this guy to decide if he'll sell me his 17x10 Regas. Hope he will. Also enquired about some Autostrada Modenas last night but got a reply this morning saying they had sold :(

TBH, I can't be arsed. It'll probably go through the lacquer to sort the peel out, and it's full of scratches and chips. No point polishing a turd, all my cars have had paint that would make half of CS cry, so I can live with it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Page 18, is the pic of the rear of your car with the HKS exhaust fitted? That backbox is huge, lust be pretty quiet, but i though they angled up?

Yup Silent Hi-Power. It's unbelievably quiet. It is angled up, just not massively like some cans.

These rocked up an hour ago...
19102010185.jpg

Antiseized, fitted, on wheels...
19102010186.jpg

Been for a test drive. No rumbling bearings is a positive. That bit of negative camber is good, but that's all I'll get on the O/S, so we'll see how much that is come alignment next week. Tracking is way out, steering wheel to the right, pulling hard to the left. Not sure why as I don't remember the front hitting anything.

I've got so much tuck that Honda owners would be ****ing themselves blind, but at least it's moving.

Ta Chris.

Something is clearly still out of true, as the OS camber arm is at it's shortest. When I fitted them before, they were extended out maybe 20mm and had -3.5deg of camber. There isn't that amount of neg there :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Fark. Can you not see anything else that's bent?

3.5 deg will give you Driftworks life expectancy for your tyres.

Just paid for these babies, some Regas in 17x10...
IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

Done a bit of driving the car, and there's still some niggles bar the obvious need for alignment.

CV boot is leaking still, don't think the zip tie is man enough to seal it up.
The horrible sound of a failing bearing, jacked it up this morning and there's play in both bearings, so they need replacing.