ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just weld the fcuker together, thats what i've done on mine. Got fed up of it leaking every other week.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
tbh i would be very surprised if your hks parts are out of align... i would be going with one of the other parts... did you use assembly paste? if you got a cheap decat.... make sure the flanges are flat... and make sure its not your mani to turbo joint or turbo to elbow joint blowing... i would put money on turbo to elbow...

Hi temp siliconed (1200C) the turbo gaskets, downpipe to cat and back are normal gaskets, absolutely no need for assembly paste with those graphite gaskets.

It sounds like turbo gaskets, it's proper tractor noise.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i would either go with turbo to mani or turbo to elbow if you put the elbow on from under the car i always found you couldnt get enough power in the nuts to get a good grip plus banging the downpipe around while you try and bolt it up crushes and dislodges the gasket and makes them blow... im running vbands on my exhaust now... sooooo much easier...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you need to do it off the car mate only way you will get it tight enough...

Going to be awkward as f**k slotting the whole thing in from the top like, not even sure it'll go in there but whatever. I'll get round to it when I have motivation, probably next summer.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
it will go... i have done downpipe and full turbo and mani on a 200 in one....

Been having a leaky boot problem (yes, another leak to go with the coolant & exhaust gases). I'd found loose rear lights the other week so nipped them up, checked again today and it was still leaking...
02102010166.jpg

02102010167.jpg

So I thought I'll have a look at the seal. Well, there isn't one, somebody has attempted to bond them in with some horrible flexible black gunk. The same gunk the front end was plastered in to hold the N/S sidelight, which is actually horrendous. So I managed to pull the light out, scrape it off and have siliconed it up.

Now I'm just waiting on some more turbo gaskets to sort the exhaust out. Can't wait to pull the turbo off again :rolleyes:.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
was gonna say its blacktac you can buy it on a big spool from nissan etc...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dunno, most car manufacturers use it, you can get it from renault for sure they use it for putting door cards on...

A bit more niggle sorting this afternoon. Passenger sideskirt dropped off weeks ago, so with these...
04102010168.jpg

I ended up with this (yes I know about spacers, money's tight this month again)...
04102010169.jpg

To celebrate the success, I added some drifted stickers from the CMYK set to the rear window in support of drifted.com, because I love that site...
04102010170.jpg

Next job is the turbo & thermostat leak, just waiting on new turbo gaskets. Will sort out the exhaust clearance whilst I'm at it too I reckon. Then there's an oil change to do because mine's gone ****ing horrible after 1k, so got some Fuchs 10w-50 coming from Opie. I might get a chance to enjoy it before winter fully sets in too!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Had any more luck with it? I have found a seller that does spacers for £69.99 25mm, i think i will order 2 sets myself.

Was meant to sort it this weekend, got pissed Friday night and thought f**k it instead. Spacers are way down the list, really want the s**tty standard brakes off. Thing is, the ABS is playing up. To delete that it's even more s**t I need to buy, on top of all the stuff I want braking wise.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Was meant to sort it this weekend, got pissed Friday night and thought f**k it instead. Spacers are way down the list, really want the s**tty standard brakes off. Thing is, the ABS is playing up. To delete that it's even more s**t I need to buy, on top of all the stuff I want braking wise.

Kind of glad i got one with all that done, if you can pick up a set of 350z brembos i can highly recommend then.

Well, I have R33 GTS-T Front Calipers, braided hoses, R33 GTS-T rear calipers, handbrake mechs and hub arm thingys (where the control arms & bearings go) sat in the garage waiting ATM. They need a rebuild, and I'll convert the skyline hub arm things to non-HICAS and polybush them.
However, I still need discs & pads all round, I want Project Mu Pads & Brembo Plain Discs.

Saying that, there's a set of Front Evo 8 Brembo Calipers for sale ATM which are very tempting, but can't afford them at the time being. Plus I'd need new front lines, adaptor plates, discs & pads, and even standard Evo brake stuff is more expensive than what I'd use with the R33 calipers.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
trust me if you fit the skyline parts and you can cook a set of plain discs with mu's you will be braking really f**king hard... i was on a run way on an air field and did a 140-0 stop with mu's on stock calipers and plain discs and they didnt fade... there was a 350z with red stuff pads and he went sailing past...

i would run ds2500's or whatever they are up front and mu's on the back on stock calipers if it was me but if your going for the drum handbrake... i would run some pretty basic pads on the back and mu's or ds2500's front... the mu's will produce alot of dust and dont last a huge amount of time... bit overkill unless your tracking it or doing streeto...

I'm tough on brakes Malice, and it will be getting a bit of tracktime. They're only the "fast road" spec pad, not the more track biased pads. I'd of thought DS2500s were more track biased.

Thanks Chris. Seen another set in Ireland that I'd like for spare, just need pennies!

Evo 6, E92 320d
They are about £300, so you could wh0re yourself out for a weekend and make that, I hear George Michael just got out;)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'm tough on brakes Malice, and it will be getting a bit of tracktime. They're only the "fast road" spec pad, not the more track biased pads. I'd of thought DS2500s were more track biased.

Thanks Chris. Seen another set in Ireland that I'd like for spare, just need pennies!

i use ds2500's on my rx7 and i wont be going near a track lol bit wooden for the first press but im driving slowly for the first 10 mins anyway but after first stop they work very well...

i had the mu d1 pads :D they were awesome!

LOL Sam.

I broked it. All my own fault, involving 2 kerbs on some private land. What's done is done.

So anyway, the death toll so far is...
  • 2 x Desmond Regamasters in 17x9 ET38 (I need some!)
  • 2x Rear Lower Arms
  • 2 x Outer Toe Arms
  • A lot of CV grease

Rest seems to have held up to the smash at least.
Plan is to probably put the front wheels on the rear, and put standards up front. To get it back on the road I can't decide whether to swap all the control arms back to the originals, or just the outer toe arms. Already have 2 lower arms waiting to fit.

Anyway, something for you all to gawp at ;)

14102010173.jpg

A fair bit of Positive Camber

14102010174.jpg

Driver's side (took the main brunt)

14102010175.jpg

Passenger Side

14102010176.jpg

Outer Toe arm physically bent on driver's side.

14102010177.jpg

Passenger Lower Arm

14102010178.jpg

Driver's Lower Arm (The Worst bent)

14102010179.jpg

CV Grease all over on the O/S.

So there you have it, broken. All my own fault, not whinging about it, just manning up and getting on with it.