ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

LOL @ that spanner. You monster.

That's the way engineers roll, no f**king about, just modify tools to get it sorted ;)

Been an infuriating evening, basically I wanted to finish the front today. I didn't. Got the N/S disc and caliper on, and some lines in. All that's left is to plumb the 2 bay lines up to the Tee piece, and then into the master cylinder.

Couple of pictures, braided lines for the calipers came with them. Used, but seem to be fine...
cef372aa.jpg

Braided line running against the bulkhead to the N/S/F...
ee984bc1.jpg

What a f**king day.

I seem to have achieved very little. Got the rear calipers and lines on today, then finished plumbing in the fronts.

6cee3ba2.jpg

I brought home a huge 1" drive bar to crack the hub nuts, small downside was the sockets don't fit in the hub nut recess. So the handbrake hasn't been fitted.

Bled the brakes up, had 2 passes and got a nice solid stream of fluid coming out each caliper. Awesome. Well, maybe not. Just pushing the car on the drive, they didn't seem to do much, and a good 10th of fluid disappeared from the master cylinder. Which brings me onto my next problem.

I can't road test it, tried to fire the car up to get the friendly noise of a dying battery trying it's best to fight engine compression. :rolleyes:

Seriously fed up today. Battery is on charge, and I'm hoping the brakes just need to settle down, but I dare say something is passing fluid somewhere.

Spent some more time swearing at it today. Found the culprit, the O/S/F hardline union connecting to the braided hose was leaking. Swapped it out for a line off the old calipers, bled it up, and all is well.
bf9be8f2.jpg

Stupidly, I took the O/S/R hub off to fit the handbrake mechs to that side. But, I then tried to strip it all off the skyline ones I have and I can't. So I had to rebuild it. This is how far I got lol...
b6cf1dee.jpg

So still no handbrake. But OMG, the brakes are immense. So much pedal feel now. Just really feel confident on them, which I never have before. Just got to try and get this sorted for an MOT soon, or it'll be sat without an MOT for a while :(

Well, I planned to at least get the driver's side handbrake mechs in today. In my usual style though, I've been scuppered yet again.

It seems I have 2 left hand cables, not a left and right hand cable. So I'm glad I checked this time! Left side is all built up ready to go, and I'm waiting on a cable for the right side.

bd02cadb.jpg

In other news, I've started amassing gaskets and the like for my turbo gasket fix (again.) I'm using proper Nissan ones this time on the turbo, and will leave the Tuning Developments MLS gasket on the head/mani joint. Split an adjustable decat I picked up for cheap to check it can actually be adjusted, as the Apex one just doesn't sit right. Also have an apex type 2 manifold, as I think my manifold may be a factor in the blowing exhaust. The picture below makes it look top mount, it's just an upside down image!
Manifold2lg.jpg

I really wanted an H-Dev one, but with them being out of stock, and this manifold being under half it's retail price and brand new, I snapped it up.

Had a session on the Regas over in Leeds today. Got them stripped, blasted and fettled ready for powdercoating. Can't say the finish yet, I want to keep it on the low for now.

After acid stripping...
1f9b251d.jpg

Blasted and fettled, ready to rock...
d09c6ff7.jpg

353b26fd.jpg

Took a step forwards today...
a6f5396c.jpg

Followed by a nice few backwards steps :rolleyes:. N/S/R hub left the bearing stuck in the upright, so that's a driveshaft out to smash it free job...
ddac82eb.jpg

Started on the other side, only to get the big pivot bolt stuck halfway through the upright, seemed I hadn't got enough crap out of the hole. So I ended up dismantling that brake assembly I'd just built up. But everything I tried was no use, so that's now stuck in there good and proper too. No room to swing a hammer, might end up in half of that side being dismantled too. Can't bloody wait. This side coilover looks fairly rusty, which seems odd to say I coated it and they're supposed to be super corrosion resistant. Hope it's just crap in it TBH.
27d35be4.jpg

ITB'd MK1
think i have a pair of s13 rear hubs with handbrake mechs. need to check as i may have chucked them in with the kitcar when i sold it.....can't remember

I have a handbrake! :D

Ended up using brutality and a 4lb lump hammer to get the old N/S/R Bearing off. I'd pressed the new bearing onto the hub on Monday at work. Old bearing took some damage lol...
b28501bb.jpg

Got all that bolted up...
ae4dca38.jpg

Moved onto the other side, ended up removing the driveshaft and control arms to get the handbrake pivot out. Rebuilt it all up to match the other side, got the handbrake cables in, adjusted it up and all is well.

Now the question is which wheels will it wear to Santa Pod this weekend? The Regas are still sat in bare metal and I have no decent sized tyres for the OEM wheels lol. I'll sort something out. Also ordered a Nardi Deep Corn steering wheel and an appropriate boss with my bonus, which is set to arrive tomorrow.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
nardi deep corn = hero.

now to make you god like... get a works bell short boss and quick release...

I'm not made of money! I've got one of Driftwork's HKB bosses, they keep the self cancelling and stop the airbag light coming on. I do want a quick release though. One day.

I've ordered some spacers off your friend too.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hkb is made by works bell lol!

good shout on the spacers i need to order some too, but im waiting on a mate that wants to order 4 sets so will try get a discount... i want mine annodised lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
wait... did you just say alloy rusts? LOL! corrodes maybe but rust... NO SAH!

Woooooop!

9f7821c2.jpg

Fitted it to the best of my guesswork (funnily enough, I can't read Japanese). Horn is yet to fit, it's a bit tight due to a clip holding it together, so I've left it for now...
045f341a.jpg

Also got bored so had a trial fit of the spats. The fit is terrible TBH, might end up buying the real deal, they might flex to shape a bit more than these.
1973f23d.jpg

Right, some people might cry, but I don't really care. The wheels are done, will be fitted in the morning.

By day, they are off white, and by night, well the picture will explain (excuse the quality, DSLR is flat and iphone fails at this stuff, plus I was too excited to wait.)

RegaGlow.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ah the fun times I remember behind that dash! Haha

Wheels aren't for me. Well, the wheels are..

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
What are these like day to day on things like reliability/fuel cost? I have been
Looking to get one if these and chuck in the Clio.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What are these like day to day on things like reliability/fuel cost? I have been
Looking to get one if these and chuck in the Clio.

fine until you decide to play with them lol! like any jap car you do one thing and 5 others need uprating lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gaz has this car ever been driven?

Looks like it's been in bits since you got it. Bit like Alice's. :eek: