ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

The Thumb > You. Tbh ;)

Enjoying it though bud?

It is while I owe her £1K lol.

Definitely, totally different to the ZR but better in every way, bar ride height ATM. Only gay thing is it dies after 5.5k rpm, pretty certain the side mount intercooler is the culprit. Desperately trying to flog ZR parts to get a FMIC.

This weekend's and month's plans have fallen through for various reasons :(

All I've done to the car this weekend is fit a none smashed N/S headlight, smash one headlight mount back into somewhere like proper position (looks like this has been in a bump sometime in the past) and wash it.

So, here's the pictures of it clean anyway.
4631860560_5cc9f62ec5_b.jpg

4631261275_0edd598b64_b.jpg

Don't be fooled by the photos, they really disguise how **** the paintwork is (I love CPL filters). The more I look at it, the more it looks like I could have hand painted it better and polished it better with a brillo pad.

Plans this weekend were;
  • Tint the headlights - Didn't get done as the heat gun has disappeared to Garforth
  • Fit Coolant Hoses, Stat & Rad - Coolant Hoses haven't turned up
  • Tidy up front panels with fresh paint and waxoyl - Didn't see much point after other plans fell through

Plans for the month that have gone south were;
  • Coilovers - Pay check is far too light to afford them
  • New Tyres/Refurb Wheels - Depending on me selling ZR bits, this may still happen

What's still happening this month;
  • FMIC & Piping - Buying a 2nd Hand Greddy FMIC, want new hosing but that will have to wait
  • Boost Gauge - Ordered a Mechanical Stack Boost Gauge from Demon Tweeks, then I can try removing the restrictor for a bit more boost
  • The foiled weekend plans (hopefully)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wheels look good mate!

You going to de-tango the front end at some point?

Cheers Dan.

Might do that this month too, depending how hard up I am by the end of the month. Just deciding whether to replace them with black or clear. Need to spend some time in Photoshop really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah depends what look you're after. Black will make it look harder but clear will make it look cleaner.

I did my lights using a can of satin black lighly dusted on and a few coats of laquer! Looked bloody brilliant even if I do say so myself! lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
gaz you running a decat or anything? if its runniong downpipe or decat or both, sticking a front mount on will raise the boost and prob give you boost spikes... i would look at getting a boost controller if i was you.

Nissan 200sx
Gaz if you require any bits for your 200 pm me, i have a complete car in my garage waiting to be broken up for spares, it has a brand new intercooler kit on it aswell

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you dont need any sort of fancy boost controller... they are so much hassle its unbelievable lol!

i just got a greddy profec b spec 2 for my rx7, got a mate in japan to send me it cost me 100 quid shipped lol!

i have had avcr's and evc6's in all honesty i loved the evc... hated the avcr with a passion! but i cant be bothered spending 300+ on a controller when the profec will do it for me just as well...

have you even checked if you have the restrictor pill in your pipe? again i just got boost spikes with it until i removed all the s**t un needed.

Not checked no. But i've asked about it on sxoc. Will just run a manual boost controller for the time being. Long story short i get paid a lot less than i expected this month, so will probably be poor as hell in a couple of weeks.

More parts all waiting to go on...

Stack 52mm Mechanical Boost Gauge - started work on a plate to replace the ashtray to mount this, roughly cut it using a wheelie bin as a vice and then an angle grinder, rather than take a large sheet of steel into work to tidy up tomorrow lol. (I advise you don't try this, I'm a special kind of idiot in that I use an angle grinder quite a lot, and have my own special kind of innovation in the face of being ill equipped for a task)
25052010203.jpg

The SFS Orange Coolant Hoses - these will be fitted at the same time a the Alloy Rad & New Thermostat, probably spray the front panels too at the same time.
25052010204.jpg

Bought a Greddy FMIC Kit off SXOC, unfortunately it won't be delivered until Wednesday due to nobody being in. Thinking of spraying it black to hide it, definitely wanting to go for a dark feel with this car, almost "murdered out".

And in the post today; a HKS Air Mushroom Induction Kit (just needs a filter element, which I've ordered) and a Turbosmart Manual Boost Controller. I started spraying the mesh on the filter tonight as it was red and chipped, it's in zinc primer ATM, will get some gloss black tomorrow. As you can see, I'm using a very professional spraying setup.
29052010205.jpg

29052010206.jpg

So plans are, starting Tuesday;
Get front end apart, change rad/hoses/thermostat, buy a smaller battery, spray front panels, fit FMIC kit, fit boost gauge, fit boost controller, set to 14PSI, rebuild front end, test, enjoy. Hoping to get that done by the time I go back onto nights next Sunday, if not I'm cycling to work, not so fun cycling back at 5.30AM lol. However, my first day off is Friday, and that's being dedicated to swapping the ZR coilovers back to standard suspension, so I can sell both those and the ZR, to help fund this.

Cheers Chris. Coming round to the Hubcentrics idea, my mate's been running some for a while now and has no grumbles. Just can't wait to get coilovers, despite the downpipe probably being far too low to allow the height I want, and the fact it will camber like a b**ch, wish payday would hurry up!

I'll have to get over to a NW meet sometime and take you out in it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Will look good once you've done what you want and fitted your new parts. I wanted to get a boost guage, but then realised my Gizzmo boost controller gives an active digital readout:), certainly handy.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
my dad's owned 2 of these in the past, a green one first then a red one! clear front indicators & repeaters with a square front numberplate are a must!

k3xd0g.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cheers Chris. Coming round to the Hubcentrics idea, my mate's been running some for a while now and has no grumbles. Just can't wait to get coilovers, despite the downpipe probably being far too low to allow the height I want, and the fact it will camber like a b**ch, wish payday would hurry up!

Yeah, definitely mate. Lower offset and lowered like you said will be perfect.

Glad you've kept the spoiler off too. Looks ace. Did you have to refurb the Regas?

Mustang, S13, AX GT

I was gonna say I hope your ready for some camber when you fit coilies ;) Its coming along well mate and I hope to see it at some NW meets aswell, I might even try and get my superior 200SX up and running to bring along too haha

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its a custom colour, its like a midnight purple, but the main colour is in the laquer like a candy... its got a carbon bonnet etc with just the laquer on it! looks amazing in person!

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

sorry for the hijack lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
guy that painted it has won awards for top level car painting, he also owns a fd and offers other fd owners special offers, that was sprayed in a day, he helped with the prep before guy who owns the car is an engine builder and they did it in some old lorry spray booth people that have seen it have said its one of the best spray jobs they have seen!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Did it not have instructions with it? When I got mine I'm sure it said something about using vac hoses to the actuator replacing the actuator arm, however it didn't seem right to me and was a while back, the controller is still in the garage somewhere.

Also, its nice that I'm not the only one that doesn't ever get any help from SXOC haha

Well, City Link are ****ing me about and should have delivered the FMIC today. They didn't. Dicks.

So, I'll probably not get anything done this weekend. Saying that, I've done this tonight...
02062010208.jpg

Even I'm not happy with how pikey rig up the piping for that boost controller is (and I'm a rough arse powerstation mech engineer). Will have to go back to the drawing board ASAP on that one. Currently set to the minimum as I've not got the gauge in, that's and sorting this fitment out is number 1 priority on Saturday.

Also, got the filter element for my HKS filter today, so it was rude not to fit it.

Mild progress accompanied by more delays.

Take one 2nd hand Greddy FMIC...
03062010209.jpg

Add Matt Black Hammerite, and get this...
03062010211.jpg

It won't be fitted this weekend for the following reasons; Battery Clamp bolts sheared clean off with the smallest of turns; I left my drill bits at work, and the HB154 battery terminals are too small and tapered, so I need to find some sleeves, or make some.

Got a hole saw for my gauge through the post, only to find it's not got the adaptor piece to put it in the drill. So I may have to just wedge it in the ashtray, more pikey spec modifying.

I've been a bit quiet but things have been slowly moving along...

27062010238.jpg

Got myself a Nismo Gearknob & a new Gaiter, however, the bloody clips all gave up the ghost! Also fitted the Stack Boost Gauge. Don't like that DIN holder, it's gash. I'm going to knock something up to put gauges in where the centre air vents go I think.

I've also got round to starting the FMIC and carbon canister delete while Germany knocked us out of the World Cup...
27062010232.jpg

27062010234.jpg

27062010235.jpg

27062010236.jpg

The front end is quite misshapen & rusty, and was bodged back together after it was bounced off whatever. I'm going to have hours of endless fun trying to sort all the mess it's been left in.

Other progress, gave it a hand polish and it looks better for it, so will get it machine polished at some point. Also tinted the front indicators, got smoked side repeaters & tinted the boot brake light.

Parts still to fit;
FMIC
Radiator
Coolant Hoses
Braided Turbo Lines
New Tyres

Parts Ordered;
HKS Hi Power Silent Catback System
Max Cobra Elbow/Downpipe Combo (as the turbo gaskets are blowing, and this sits super close to the chassis)

Then I need Driftworks to get HSD coilovers back in stock, and I can order them and some of the adjustable suspension components up.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
when you do the elbow... make sure someone hasn't stuck a 14 downpipe on your 14a or a 14 elbow on 14a down pipe... because otherwise it will all be out of line etc and will hang low :( also where you have cut the battery tray, sand it back and paint it... they rust like hell if you don't... also i recommend getting some like fuel line or silicone hose slit it down the middle and push it over the lip of the hole you cut... otherwise the intercooler pipe will rub on it during acceleration or breaking and you will hole the pipe quick lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
also pull your fusebox out and remove the old bov then put fuse box back :)

when you do the elbow... make sure someone hasn't stuck a 14 downpipe on your 14a or a 14 elbow on 14a down pipe... because otherwise it will all be out of line etc and will hang low :( also where you have cut the battery tray, sand it back and paint it... they rust like hell if you don't... also i recommend getting some like fuel line or silicone hose slit it down the middle and push it over the lip of the hole you cut... otherwise the intercooler pipe will rub on it during acceleration or breaking and you will hole the pipe quick lol!

also pull your fusebox out and remove the old bov then put fuse box back :)

The elbow and downpipe are all in one piece so all is well...
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?19

Painting it will get done, as will some edge protection, it's all in hand.

And I'll remove all the BOV shite once I have something to plug the hole in the intake pipe.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
measure the hole... i have a forge blanking plug... well i have 2 different sizes for blocking the bov... if either fit you can have it :) its a machined plug...