ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

Severe lack of progress due to this, the b******s!

18072010470.jpg

Literally can't do anything on the car for more than 5 minutes without being harassed by wasps. It's being looked into (I'm not paying to kill them, it's not my name on the bloody mortgage.) Doing my head in now though, I just want to be able to drive the thing!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Nasty b******s wasps. On a bad note, i found a tasty rust hole in my rear wheel arch today, only small so i will cut it out on my week off. I filled the void behind the rear quarter with insulation today too hopefully cancel some droning/road noise.

We've just banged a couple of tins of that wasp killing foam at the nest, see if that gets rid. I'm dreading doing the arches for that very reason, it all looks solid ATM but it can be deceiving.

Sweet ass update, I've been able to start it up today :D

HKS off, Apexi fitted and Recirc Hole bunged up (thanks to Malice for donating the bung)...
20072010477.jpg

Everything put in, all the pipework and the Profec B Solenoid stuff...
21072010008.jpg

And the Profec's location for now...
21072010009.jpg

So now I need to sort out fitting my universal washer bottle, get bumper & lights back on, program the Profec and enjoy it.

Wow, nearly 4 weeks off the road!

Well, I sorted out my very rig up washer bottle, it does the job but will be moved to the boot in winter...
22072010010.jpg

22072010011.jpg

And then got it all back on (I know, my plate is wonky, but oh well, it's better than having someone else's on)...
22072010012.jpg

Got a rough setup on the Greddy, but it only held full boost a couple of times before it started leaking again :(. Might have to bite the bullet and get as many Mikalors on as possible.

looks lovely with those wheels mate, just a shame your havin boost problems :dapprove: hope it all gets sorted

Thanks mate. I've decided to man up and forked out for some Murray Constant Tension Hose Clips, rather than continuing this pikey affair of cheap s**t jubilee clips. If that doesn't solve it, it'll be time to start pressure testing components.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You should look into a metal turbo intake pipe. Piece of piss to do and the standard ones aren't great when they get old..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmmm i would check your inlet pipe isnt collapsing... also... check your turbo isnt shafted... its not the ecu hitting boost cut is it?? tried resetting the ecu??

Does it at any boost pressure between 8 and 15psi dude, so I doubt it's boost cut.
Turbo's coming off when I do the exhaust Mid August, got a few weekends with various forums at the start of the month, so don't want to start that.
Battery's been off a few times, so the ECU will have reset anyway won't it?
What's the deal with the inlet pipe?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
inlet pipe is the big rubber one that the air filter is on... they have a habbit of when you come on boost collapsing and stopping any air getting through...

see to me its odd, because if it was a leak it wouldnt be just at 5k no matter what boost it is... i mean if you run 8psi and it happens at 5k... or run 15psi and it still happens at 5k... then to me that isnt a boost leak... a boost leak on a 200 is REALLY noticeable even a small leak will make it run like s**t and you wont get over 3k it will sound like a tractor and buck and jump all over the place... sounds like something else to me ....

I knew which one it is. Been out to have a look, and it was misshapen. So pulled it further forwards to get it back into shape. Then bolted the support so that the filter is practically next to the coolant reservoir, and guess what, it now revs to the redline.

It does sound like a tractor, but that's due to the turbo gaskets.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol :) see im good :D

if you lived closer i would give you a hand doing the gaskets i can do it in about an hour now lol but i think your miles away :/

I am miles away, got a mate who will give me a hand, sometimes you need more than 2. It'll all be coming off to do the following...

Wrap Manifold
Fit Braided Turbo Lines
Fit Alloy Rad & Coolant Hoses
New Gaskets
Fit D Max Cobra all in one Elbow/Downpipe
Fit HKS Hi Power Silent
Fit AEM Wideband Air Fuel Gauge

So that'll be a busy weekend lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
when you fit the aem... dont put it too close to the turbo... widebands dont like too much heat.... and replacement sensors cost alot lol! you gonna keep the stock one too??

Finally got myself some HSD HR Coilovers, DW 4 Arm Alignment Kit & Subframe Collars.

Everything was going so well...

25082010044.jpg

25082010045.jpg

Front struts came off and the arches got waxoyl'd.

26082010046.jpg

Rear struts breezed off.

Had a poke around the rear arches to check they were solid and...
26082010047.jpg

FML. Not what I needed when I have no welder or the skills to weld such thin steel. That's really set progress back now.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Mine started going there aswell, luckily i caught it early and sorted it. You taking the arches back to metal?

Mine started going there aswell, luckily i caught it early and sorted it. You taking the arches back to metal?

Well, the problem I have is space. This fucker's so long that when in the garage, it touches the door and my bench at the back, so I can't really work on it in the garage. After the winter to come I was thinking of tearing it apart and going to town on it like Petrol has on SXOC, but need to find somewhere to do it, and obviously need a dirt cheap run around too. I think tomorrow I'll kill the rust with some gel I have, then waxoyl them to s**t and hope that's enough to see it through the winter. Obviously once I get it back on the floor I can get somewhere to weld that patch up for me.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
make a template, cut the piece out and just rivvet a new bit in... its not structural...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there isnt much that is lol! i ripped the rear arch off of one of mine... well a bus shelter did lol... back end there is very little holding it together.

Had a day off work, slept in but anyway! Started off washing all the crap from deep in the rear arches, then realised I was out of Zinc Primer. Not being bothered to waste an hour biking into town, I decided to do the arches tomorrow.

So, I started on the front coilovers. They are supposed to have a very resiliant coating, but a bit of grease can't go amiss. I stripped them down, sprayed an aerosol anti-seize on the body, protected the damping adjusters with a coat of grease, sprayed the pillowball mounts up top with the supplied WURTH aerosol lubricant, and copper slipped the top mount capscrews and the top mount studs.
27082010048.jpg

27082010049.jpg

Banged the top in...
27082010050.jpg

Bolted up to the hubs (eagle eyed readers might notice the hub bolts in with the thread pointed towards the cabin, did it to try and keep the threads out of some spray with the arch liners not being there)...
27082010051.jpg

Then did the tension rods...
27082010052.jpg

Moved onto the other side...
27082010053.jpg

Then did all the Alignment arms on the O/S/R before coming in right before a rain storm...
27082010054.jpg

The weekend brings derusting, zinc primering, waxoyling, arch spraying, the N/S/R alignment arms, subframe collars, and rear coilover struts.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
mate 100% respect to you for not going with nasty cheap shitty coilovers! the hsd's are amazing you will love them! and the alignment arms are sexual trust me!

Been an arduous battle with the weather today.

Started off blathering rust with some green rust killing gel. In between doing multiple coats as per the instructions, I got the N/S/R alignment arms done.
Then I washed the gel out of the arches, let them dry out and cracked on with giving the rear coilovers the treatment I gave the fronts...

28082010055.jpg

I seem to have lost the built up image lol.

I then zinc primered the arches, and not long after the bloody heavens opened up. Waited for that to stop, and carried on. Whilst waiting for that to dry, I got round to putting a spark plug cover on now I'd found some M5 capscrews...
28082010056.jpg

Then it rained again. It stopped, so I waxoyl'd the arches and chassis between the sill and rails...
28082010057.jpg

28082010059.jpg

Then the final job for today, sling all the OEM stuff into a box :D
28082010060.jpg

So I've got the subframe collars to do, rear struts to fit, then got to play around with the ride height & torque everything up.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
go careful with the collars... the bolts you undo on the subframe to body that go through the standard bushes... its a welded in captive nut, and have been known to snap the welds resulting in a loose bolt just spinning! you then have to cut a hole to weld it back in... no other way to do it lol! just do it by feel....

ITB'd MK1
go careful with the collars... the bolts you undo on the subframe to body that go through the standard bushes... its a welded in captive nut, and have been known to snap the welds resulting in a loose bolt just spinning! you then have to cut a hole to weld it back in... no other way to do it lol! just do it by feel....

in 10 years, i've heard of that once, and it was on an s13. I've done a lot of subframe bush changes and never had issues. Just wire brush off the end of the threads and give a quick WD40 spray and they'll be ok

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
in 10 years, i've heard of that once, and it was on an s13. I've done a lot of subframe bush changes and never had issues. Just wire brush off the end of the threads and give a quick WD40 spray and they'll be ok

i know of a 14 and a 14a that did it lol!

gaz the collars are good but tbh you would benifit more of pulling the old bushes out and either poly bushing or solid bushing... if like you said your gonna strip underneath over the winter would recomend it then...

Started the day with the subframe collars. Got them all loose bar the little arms, when...
29082010061.jpg

Each side furthest in sheared, so they had to be drilled & retapped.

29082010062.jpg

Collars fitted :D.

29082010063.jpg

Then got the struts in.

Then the Wheels went on.

29082010064.jpg

^^^ That's the rear clearance in the air lol.

Sat it down...

29082010065.jpg

Rear - You may notice the subtle stretch on the rears 225/40/17 on a 9J.

29082010066.jpg

Front. Needs new tyres to be fitted, which I have waiting.

Tomorrow the front needs to be adjusted and I'll torque everything up. Also desperately needs spacing & the alignment doing.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
holy s**t you could put 40mm spacers on the rear lol!

when i saw your first pic... i thought i had jinxed you lol!

you prob wont notice it because you did it all at once, but when i did collars i i got pissed because made my seat feel like it was at an angle lol! got used to it though :) good work mate!

do me a massssive favour take a pic straight on to your rear wheel so i can see the full tyre and profile... im still undecided... from that angle it looks nice but im still considering 215's or poss 205's lol