ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

ITB'd MK1
i know of a 14 and a 14a that did it lol!

gaz the collars are good but tbh you would benifit more of pulling the old bushes out and either poly bushing or solid bushing... if like you said your gonna strip underneath over the winter would recomend it then...

totally agree on the poly bushing. Collars are an upgrade, but only about a 3rd as good as full polys. Full poly bushed subframe is the best upgrade you can do to a 200sx

holy s**t you could put 40mm spacers on the rear lol!

when i saw your first pic... i thought i had jinxed you lol!

you prob wont notice it because you did it all at once, but when i did collars i i got pissed because made my seat feel like it was at an angle lol! got used to it though :) good work mate!

do me a massssive favour take a pic straight on to your rear wheel so i can see the full tyre and profile... im still undecided... from that angle it looks nice but im still considering 215's or poss 205's lol

LOL I had your words in my head when they snapped! Going to try some 25mm spacers a fellow S14a owner in the next village has. Plus the camber is all over the shop which isn't helping. Will do dude, the lip protection makes them look less stretched too, but I'll pop out for you and get one in a minute.

Crying out for spacers dude! Literally, begging for them!!
Don't I know it!

totally agree on the poly bushing. Collars are an upgrade, but only about a 3rd as good as full polys. Full poly bushed subframe is the best upgrade you can do to a 200sx
As I said earlier I'll get another subframe and do it, the collars just came as part of driftworks' kit so though I might as well do it for now.

I brought the front down to match the rear...

30082010069.jpg

I can't decide if it's too low or not. I can just about get on and off my drive, but it scrapes all over the place around the village. Wasn't too bad when I went out onto the closest A road, but I don't know!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Looks too low at the front, rear should be fine when you get spaced. Put i bit of tyre shine on for god sakes;)

Looks too low at the front, rear should be fine when you get spaced. Put i bit of tyre shine on for god sakes;)

I can't stand them looking nose up like half of SXOC seem to have them though lol. Got lower profile tyres to go on the front too. No point tyre blacking them, car is mucky, and tyre black is full of silicone. Silicone causes havoc with powdercoating wheels, so once they've been refurbed I can tyre black.

ITB'd MK1
looks like it needs to go up about an inch all round tbh. Looking smart though! You're completely right on the nose down stance, they look stupid if they're arse down

Ta folks.

I've brought it up 9-10mm at the rear and 27mm at the front after catching the downpipe on a manhole going into work. Don't worry though, the tyres I'm putting on the front tomorrow make it 20mm lower, so in fact it'll only have been raised 7mm or so. Also noticed the wheels have rubbed some waxoyl off, so that needs sorting this weekend.

Evo 6, E92 320d
I've never noticed the nose up stance, I shall have to have a look at mine on level ground and see what it's like.

Well the front arch is higher than the rear, which doesn't help Chris.

Right, bar damping changes, I'm done messing with the suspension now.

I decided to raise the car up 10mm last night. Then this morning it was over to Garforth so I could fit my Falken 452s in 215/40 flavour. Then, it was over to York to North Eastern Tyres to get the alignment done. The rears are actually 225/45, I think I may have put 225/40 somewhere earlier in the thread.

North Eastern did a good job, if a bit slow and costly, but hey ho. The fitter seemed a decent chap, I showed him some settings I got off Bon Bon (of Driftworks fame) and he checked them against the maximum & minimums Nissan state for the car.

Anyway, the settings...

FRONT

Caster = 7 Degrees 30 Minutes
Camber = -2 Degrees 30 Minutes
Toe In = 5 Minutes

REAR

Camber = -1 Degree 30 Minutes
Toe In = 20 Minutes Total

And how it sits...
04092010075.jpg

Made a massive difference to handling, truly unbelievable how much I can throw it around. It's insane, no understeer and unless you provoke it the back end is stable. Also now I've gone up 10mm I can actually negotiate some of the smaller speedbumps the UK has to offer, which is a bonus. The combination of lower profile & a touch higher has helped save my inner arches too, the 235s had started wearing them down to bare metal which I've sorted.

Now to measure up for spacers, which is going to be one of those difficult decisions.

Looks spot on :) Do you go to any local meets or anything? (non-clio related I mean)

North Eastern are awesome (but like you said costly) for fitting tyres. Guy sat looking at the rims and found some slight marks even I hadn't seen and showed me that they were there before he started. Then made every effort to keep em fresh and marked none. :)

height is perfect tbh. Loving this project.
I like it :)

Cheers guys.

Looks spot on :) Do you go to any local meets or anything? (non-clio related I mean)

North Eastern are awesome (but like you said costly) for fitting tyres. Guy sat looking at the rims and found some slight marks even I hadn't seen and showed me that they were there before he started. Then made every effort to keep em fresh and marked none. :)

I haven't yet, but I should really get over to Squires in Sherburn for Jap Night, which I think is the 2nd Tuesday of the month.

Tyre fitting costs me sod all as I do it myself at my stepdad's place, hence doing a trip to Garforth then York. But they definitely seemed to be on the ball at North Eastern.

Yeah I need to get myself along there too. Apparently there's a weekly Jap week in York now too.

Free tyre fitting ftw tbh!

As winter is starting to close in, I'm in the very least aware I need to sort the exhaust out. So I got it all out to see how it sits.

First up is my new Part Shop Max Cobra elbow/downpipe, I bloody love this!
11092010090.jpg

11092010091.jpg

11092010092.jpg

11092010093.jpg

The whole lot together (Cobra, Decat pipe from Apex as it was cheapest, HKS Hi Power Silent)...
11092010094.jpg

11092010095.jpg

Heat Wrapped the Downpipe. F-ing fiddly, and despite wearing gloves, itchy too. Wasn't enough left from 10m to do the decat :(. Saying that, I have another 10m to do the manifold with, so I might have some left over...
11092010096.jpg

Then fired in the lambda for my AEM UEGO Wideband Air Fuel Meter...
11092010097.jpg

Some more bits that I'll be fitting at the same time include these braided turbo lines and HKS wastegate actuator...
11092010098.jpg

11092010099.jpg

A bag of shiny locking nuts & studs from DB Power...
11092010103.jpg

And a modified coolant outlet, with a nice STACK temperature sensor probe (probably won't be wired in just yet though.) I doubt that will be leaking, it's got PTFE tape and Loctite Pipe Thread Sealant on it. Will be fitting it along with orange coolant hoses and Japspeed Alloy Rad...
11092010100.jpg

11092010101.jpg

11092010102.jpg

I'll probably make a start stripping the parts off tomorrow, need to be done by Friday 24th, as I'm off to watch the BDC at Knockhill.

Got it in a group buy from SRB, so was cheaper than it should of been. Still, it wasn't your £150 Japspeed/Apex Catback, but it'll out last the car. The only thing I don't like is the fact that for an SX it's a 5" Tip, whereas some others have smaller tips.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not posted on this thread yet as in all honesty not a massive S14 fan..

But saying that really like the way you are going about it, doing jobs properly and not half arsed like most people do!

Like prepping the suspension etc..

Nice!

Also 5"! lol is all!

LOL Dan, I'm funny for a Northern c**t!

Thanks Jamie, I think I recognise you from my fiatforum days actually. I get a feeling the tip will be getting ground off one day for a smaller one.

Get one, they're cheap as f**k bar S15s.

Decided to do the cooling system bar the turbo lines today.

So Radiator out...
12092010104.jpg

New Thermostat in...
12092010105.jpg

Modifiied Coolant Elbow on...
12092010107.jpg

New Radiator and orange cooling hoses (had to trim the outlet one down unfortunately)...
12092010106.jpg

You might notice the funky clips on the hose to the throttle body, they're Murray Constant Tension Clamps, basically a sprung jubilee clip that is meant to give a constant force. They're good enough for the WRC so good enough for me.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Thanks Jamie, I think I recognise you from my fiatforum days actually. I get a feeling the tip will be getting ground off one day for a smaller one.

Which Fiat did you have? post a pic up ;)

Edit: Like the clamps, they supposed to be even better than the Mikalor ones?

I had a Broom Yellow Cinq Sporting, was nothing special, pretty much standard bar painted alloys, alloy rad,yellow rear lights and mckrich chip. Lost all my images when my external HDD failed :(

Mikalors are probably better, but are too wide for the job really.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
erm.... dont mean to piss on your chips... but the hks silent hi power.... is anything but lol!!! its one of the loudest exhausts you can get on a 200 lol...

erm.... dont mean to piss on your chips... but the hks silent hi power.... is anything but lol!!! its one of the loudest exhausts you can get on a 200 lol...

Not according to the db list on SXOC. It f**king best be quieter than what I've got now, I've got a tiny rear silencer and that's it.

EDIT: SXOC states 92db with decat, that'll be quieter than what it is now.

Last edited: