ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue 182 + Full Detail + Nikon D50....56k no chance!

Ad

MK2 FRS
more polishing required;)

Had to choose between a D40 and Canon 350d on friday. Went for the canon in the end.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol. i've cleaned it more than i've driven it so far!

both the D40 and 350d are fine tools mate.

i wanted to upgrade to a D40 but couldn't justify the cost as i only use it for work and taking snaps of the car.

Maz

LY 200
Yeah 25th Feb, thought you thought it was today .. going from Jamies post in the meet section lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i was a little confused yeah.

i checked again early this morning and saw february...lol

hence the full day to kill detailing the car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
as a car to own, commute in and give it ten tenths on the right roads...the 182 has the old girl beaten. it's nice to have all the toys and the noise and pace. however...i do miss the raw, visceral feel of the RS-1, the cable throttle is a lot better and the power delivery seems to be more peaky.

bearing in mind that both my cars were/are modified however, so that may be distorting.

if i still had the RS-1 i reckon for a flat out blast it's got the 182 licked...just. but that might be because i loved the raw, old skool feel of it.

as a car to own everyday. the 182. every single time.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
oh, and the 182 certainly feels as quick...it's just not got the old girl's soundtrack and more brutal deilvery.

do all 182 exhaust systems whistle? lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, they are half leather, half alcantara (man made suede)

i used Auto Glym Leather Cleaner on the whole seat, you would be surprised how much muck comes off them, as they hide the dirt being black.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
the dreaded silver seatbelts were cleaned using AG Carpet Shampoo and a warm, damp cloth. good as new now. :approve:

Maz

LY 200
You use leather cleaner on the alcantra ?? I just normaly brush mine down with a megs alcantra brush

VRS
looking good chris :D

i will try and catch u on msn this week to sort out a meet up :D

btw i have still got some of the dynamat hoodliner spare from when i did my bonnet as well as some of the blue under bonnet hose covers if your interested?

andy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
^^without a doubt fella!!

will sort something out with you over msn tonight.

do the Megane foot rests come with a means of fixing them to the Clio footrest?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looking good, whats next on the mods front? some proper coilovers and a decent wheel? ;)

:rasp:

H&R's are on the cards princess. sometime before fcs.

i've not decided 100% on my mod plans yet though...toying with Cup racer style....white speedlines, white badges etc.