ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my results for my cup 172 rolling road session

cup 182
well its called a 172 but unfortunatly fell short my first run was 156.9 bhp max power at 7165rpm and 109.9mph
The cars cat was stinking and guy said it was clear the car hadnt been opened up fully for a long time
the next run was 161.8 bhp at 109.6mph and 7175rpm
i was disheartned however guy recons for a standard 10 yr old 172 cup with with 93,000 miles on clock and having a slight leak from around the cat was a rather good result
what do you think your self guys

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's not that bad for a standard 172 no. Any other issues with it that you know of?

late 2003 172cup
You do know mate they are not exactly 172 bhp it's 172ps. So yours is fairly good for standard. Sure others will come on and confirm. ;)

mk1 Octavia VRS
You always have to take power at the fly figures with a pinch of salt anyway. The best comparison is wheel horsepower against other cars on the same day and on the same dyno.

cup 182
It's not that bad for a standard 172 no. Any other issues with it that you know of?

apart from the leak in exhaust it ran fairly well, the filter could do with being uprated so im thinking off putting on a better intake and filter a decat pipe and full system and a remap possibly and maybe see about uprated inlets but dont know much about tuning or what the uprated inlets do but was the dyno guy that mentiond the above as being most cost effective, he said cams for the money not worth it