ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RS2'd RB van

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Didn't know you had that lol. Knew you were thinking of putting a Honda lump (b18?) in the banana bus, but didn't know you had another half shell lol!

Here is mate, my half a clio mk1 shell with a honda engine in it, lol.

994510ba.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
finished project that red mk1 aint it? engine crane rear beam setup, good to go. should handle castle combe no danger? ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I keep doing that and regretting it and selling them, had 3 sets in white now and everytime I remember why I don't run them, nightmare to keep clean!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Were white wheels ever a consideration for the RB, or is that not a path you want to follow?

For a track car they look good I reckon on an RB, but TBH for a road car it looks a bit out of place, I think silver looks more subtle.

RB and white are defintaely colours that go together well though, can see why renault did the stripes!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
white wheels on track are even more fail, RC6 pads make them black in about 2-3 minutes, maybe less!lol!

Inferno 225 cup
I really want to see more of the sierra :( shame it's retired. What about the nova?

Rb looks great and can't wait to see what the future holds for both of the cars tbh, hopefully I will make it to a Trackday soon.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really want to see more of the sierra :( shame it's retired. What about the nova?

Still keeping the nova mate, although its currently in somerset, i need to bring it up at some point and get it back on the road.

Rb looks great and can't wait to see what the future holds for both of the cars tbh, hopefully I will make it to a Trackday soon.

Thanks mate, you should come along to one of Cup_Phil's meets at the pride of lincon, seem like a friendly bunch :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shame Derby is right over the otherside for getting to Lincoln.

A nottingham meet would be a good plan though, we've not been to one yet.

I loves an RB I does! :)

whats going on with the suspension though? low as hell on the black rims, then ironx and turinis seem to of gained it like 5cm ride height on the rear?!!! guessing boot full of crap?

lol forgot to mention we'd just filled the boot with wall and floor tiles!

Were white wheels ever a consideration for the RB, or is that not a path you want to follow?

white wheels would look lovely for 5 mins lol, white and RB goes together so well but they'd just never stay white. so nice bright silver is the closest we could get :)

Dont do white wheels or stripes! Looks good as it is on the turinis.

yeah it looks really good on the turinis, i love it :) still undecided on stripes, will leave it as it is for now tho

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no way, if the weathers like this I go no further than my beer fridge/bbq/patio radius of terror.

roll on the rain, then i'll stand in a smaccies car park in notts and talk about clios ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
you have seen my mk1 haven't you..........aircon is not exactly on the features list and the RB is SORN atm whilst I do some tinkering!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Hooters still sounds ok to me, not sure why it got cancelled in the end.

Is there a notts rep, or do we just organise it ourself?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Aux belt was squeaking its tits off when applying full lock manoeuvring so fitted a new aux belt and tensioner today, nice and quiet now.

Was 30k miles and nearly 4 years old so can't really complain.
Cambelt needs doing in a year and a bit so have left that for now, will probably do it when we do the rs2 etc.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Got some time working from home this week (so can work on it evenings as wont be stuck in london like usual) and also again at the end of august.

So plans have moved forward a bit now :)

Going to get the suspension and brakes and trendlines from the black one onto it, along with the trophy trendlines and an RS192 exhaust we just bought off Martin_172 (thanks for a hassle free sale!)

And then it can have its first outing at llandow on the 24th August :)

Then after llandow I think the mrs will probably fit the RS2 from the black one, and I will get Mike from MWM to retime the cams, and then I will remap it.