ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My valver/172 project

172 Race Car
Well done Matt, you must be a dab hand at these motors by now.

In liking the engine cover colour alot!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
DSCF1635.jpg

DSCF1636.jpg

:cool:

gator arrived today... but it seems it's too small :dapprove:

will hopefully get it plumbed in when my hoses arrive... might see if i can start it up this evening

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i think so :eek:

exhaust still blows - but the engine seems minto

just taken it for a drive, and foooooook me its quick!

no PAS, so the steering is really agricultural - making the drive interesting with the light foot controls and heavy steering, but when my pipes arrive that should be solved :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
All set for the Airfield then? Looking forward to this one... a 172 Valver conversion done right! ;)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
So glad everything finally came together for you after so much really crap luck and i'm glad your pleased with the fruits of your labour. Gonna bring it up Bedford some time show me how it's done? Lol

'92 172, Lotus Elise
cheers guys :D

Beanie, pop over to the c16v section at FCS and take a look :D

(I think all the clio clubs are together this year?)

Peugeot 306 Rallye
Took your sweet time about it didnt you :approve: :rasp:

Maybe see you at a RR day this year.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^^

as soon as i saw that name in this thread i was thinking aye up, berger just happens to be the name of the person who purchased dan's 172-valver....lol

anyways, looks sweet dude, finally running, well happy for you

'92 172, Lotus Elise
got my alternator repaired today! :D

exhaust is blowing again... might have to get a section welded :dapprove:

anyway, here is a vid of it running (not idling quite right)
th_172Running.jpg

work temp gauge! :D
DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1647.jpg

Renault Sport Clio 172
Wow, just read the whole thread, you've showed patients and dedication to this project. A lot of people would've thrown in the towel at the first hurdle. When a problem came up you worked hard to get past it, well done mate, I'm impressed :cool:

'92 172, Lotus Elise
cheers :D

for some reason, i can't get upset at this car :eek:

infact, it even broke down this evening :dapprove: ... lots of fiddling with the loom later and it turns out its the injector relay having a duff connection - the one relay ive not touched, typical! :D

seems to idle a lot better now too.

the drive was awesome though (apart from the blowign exhaust) - it feels solid... bring on the MOT!!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
i'll have it out tomorrow morning :D

the circlip has popped off. unlike the mk2 boxes, the mk1 one isnt bolted in! :eek:

so i'll get a new circlip and have it welded in!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
the joys of mk1 ownership :dapprove:

I'm smiling for some reason though... i kinda find it amusing :D

172 Race Car
What a sick and twisted sense of humor you have.

Id need a new drivers door by now coz of the boot sized dent in it

Just read the whole project thread and really impressed mate. After looking at the projects on here on 172 hybrids i am really interested in doing my own :evil: ! Gotta agree tho u dont have much luck dude i would have pulled my hair out by now lol!

mk4 golf gttdi180
well done matey gripping stuff makes me jelouse im not as mechanically minded .id love to learn and start one of my own, look forward to looking at it at fcs once again well done:clap: