ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My White 1.2 172 Replica!

Mk3 clio 1.5
pic of smoothed side moulds:

2011-09-18165626.jpg

I have alos painted the fog light surround in white to blend in with the bumper, pics up later

A slow blue one.
Can't decide whether I preferred it with the black fog surrounds or as it is now, I'm nit-picking really on what is an otherwise fantastic example.

+1 for the dual optics.

Mk3 clio 1.5
well i did some gambling and won myself £500 so gonna spend this wisely. just bought all the paint to finish off the sideskirts, and clips will be coming soon to attach, hopefully get hold of some dual optics, and a bmc filter. so should be done by this weekend :)

Mk3 clio 1.5
Well slight delay, but the sideskirt clips have a arrived, so gonna have a start with riveting them on over this weekend

Mk3 clio 1.5
One of the skirts fitted. My rivet gun decided to break to so need to purchase another, good job i finished this side first. Colour looks off as car hasbt been washed in a feew week lol. pic:

2011-11-14132604.jpg

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Loving the work on this, think a set of 172 f1's would look great along with some dual optics.

It's really wierd as I was looking at the one that appears in the cliosport banner and thinking I'd love to do that to a white clio then I saw this. Good work!

Mk3 clio 1.5
Loving the work on this, think a set of 172 f1's would look great along with some dual optics.

It's really wierd as I was looking at the one that appears in the cliosport banner and thinking I'd love to do that to a white clio then I saw this. Good work!
Yeah think im going to get a new set of wheels eventually, just picked these 4 up for £90 so couldnt say no. Beter than the trims before lol.
Haha Yeah not long after starting this project i noticed that, the silver alloys give it that awesome look.

Black clio ph2 172
Dont forget your insurance will be void unless you declare the parts added....you might end up paying 172 insurance..............ouch

Mk3 clio 1.5
Dont forget your insurance will be void unless you declare the parts added....you might end up paying 172 insurance..............ouch

there from another clio, so your insurance premiums arn't paying out for aftermarket crap. They rarely go up, or by a great deal.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I remember looking at this when you started. cant believe how good its looking now.

Well done matey. needs a set of OZ's though... would finish it nicely!

Mk3 clio 1.5
Ordered 5SMD T10 bulbs for my sidelights in white, but as these didnt turn up got given 28SMD bulbs which are pritty awesome, just a comparison fron standard sidelight to these new beasts. the light is white, but the camra picks it up blue for some reason.

2011-12-21232908.jpg

With the rainbow bulbs ive got in, they look quite good together i think.

2011-12-21233936.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
Thinking of going for a euro look to be honest, soo as i get my coilovers ordered :)

tad bit wide though you think?

2011-12-22011613.jpg

2011-12-22011424.jpg

Bora.
10j?! low ET, run 195 45 15 tyres ;), also you will need to roll your arches, and possibly flare them to fit your wheels if you keep them on it.

Mk3 clio 1.5
just a small update, got myself some aero wipers. took some time to figuire out how they fitted but got there in the end.

2011-12-22150519.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
purchased and fitted a big bore backbox and center section. cant really say im a big fan of the noise, might swap back to standard till i get something different.

clio sport 1.2 16v
looking good!. i have clio 1.2 . if i fitted just the 172 bumper and wings will it look odd aganist the 1.2 body kit