ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nürburgring 2009 project .......

Golf TDI
Have you driven a C2 VTR....i guess not if your going to buy one. Nothing wrong with C2s i used to have a 1.4 furio.

My mam has a VTR C2 and the Auto box in them is the worst thing you will EVER drive! do NOT buy a VTR!!!

Either buy a VTS the 125BHP one of buy the 1.4 Furio 75BHP but looks like the VTR/S.

Go drive a VTR and you will NOT buy one! i promise!

i have driven the one i am buying , i took it out and tbh imho its the best of both worlds , you can sit and relax with it in auto then turn auto off then drive pretty much normal with the gears minus the clutch . i will admit that the gear changes take some time :boring: but for what i want and need next this is perfect :approve: im a student etc and its right up my street .

BMW M5 & E36
Shame its had to go, but good on you for realising it was a bit much too soon and admitting it. Plenty of time to mess about with cars yet. Glad its being continued though!

320d
On a cliosport forum etc you will all hate it , but i dont give a s**t what other people think . a new citroen c2 vtr ! will keep me happy and save lots of pennies however it will be one hell of a come down performance wise . but im in a nice modern envirnoment :approve:

Brand new mate?

You sure you won't end up modding this one? You did say that you wern't modding the ph-quick.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i have driven the one i am buying , i took it out and tbh imho its the best of both worlds , you can sit and relax with it in auto then turn auto off then drive pretty much normal with the gears minus the clutch . i will admit that the gear changes take some time :boring: but for what i want and need next this is perfect :approve: im a student etc and its right up my street .

Other thing with them is watch the MPG :O the VTRs are not fuel efficient. i'd have bought the 1.4 tbh mine was excellent. Yeh it wasnt a preformance car at all but it was a damn good car

IMG_8593.jpg

Excuse the dirt, but that was my old 1.4 :D

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Seams like you have made a sensible decision, wouldnt want to look back and wish you hadnt have spent so much on modding a car at that age. Plenty of years ahead of you to build track cars and do trackdays, and the insurance will be a million times more reasonable.:D

Golf TDI
Other thing with them is watch the MPG :O the VTRs are not fuel efficient. i'd have bought the 1.4 tbh mine was excellent. Yeh it wasnt a preformance car at all but it was a damn good car

IMG_8593.jpg

Excuse the dirt, but that was my old 1.4 :D

looks nice enough mate , pretty similar to mine . it does all feel a bit slow doing everything etc ie in the 172 being throttle cable it was very responsive but in the vtr its like it has to think then move . but tbh its exactly what i need until i have my own home . the luxury's and technology have made me happy and i havnt brought it home yet . i pick it up tomorrow :)

Golf TDI
Seams like you have made a sensible decision, wouldnt want to look back and wish you hadnt have spent so much on modding a car at that age. Plenty of years ahead of you to build track cars and do trackdays, and the insurance will be a million times more reasonable.:D

all the money im spending on insurance , for less outgoings i can have a new car that i would be happy with .....no brainer :approve:

Golf TDI
As promised to the buyer i have some pictures i took of the car today , in its resting place where i work ...rather dirty needing a clean :eek:

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

going to be sad to see it go :quiet::(

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Cheers

Dash will be painted satin black.

New steering wheel

Some harness' then she's done!

Golf TDI
said goodbye to to it today :dapprove: , all gone now to its new home up north ;) thanks for the comments etc guys . its going to end up where i wanted it now . . . . the track :evil:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
get back down to wales and get a prospeed fitted mate......

like the wheels????

Wheels are good. Not sure on the tyres though. Wet grip was a lil shakey to say the least.

I just want a cheap stainless on it tbh.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
LOL M180 to M62 Junction

Damp road and understeering along at 90 was awesome fun.

I'll get them run in properly soon!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
All i can say is that it was different. Throttle cable sticking made it all the more fun.

Do the wheels have glitter in them?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
LOL ordered a new cable today from Reno = £19+vat

Getting the exhaust welded some time next week

audi a6 3.0tdi
No........... but it sounds awesome!
mine fell off a while back and coz i'm lazy and can't be bothered fitting my stainless system just left it like that. It makes it sound like a rally car its a bit raspy though i don't think it would meet sound regulations on track either lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
also looking into a custom cage for mine mate, seen the one in my mates civic and it is beautiful

All i can say is that it was different. Throttle cable sticking made it all the more fun.

Do the wheels have glitter in them?

they do have a bit of metallic flake in them yes

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Our haulage company is next to an Engineering company who i'm just going to give the clio to and tell them to create something. As long as its got a harness bar etc i'll be happy.

Shed.
Sorry. Your right. I like Waitey anyways met him down at cadwell once iirc, sound guy.

Shame hes got this problem with it now.