ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie 172 CUP onwner

Clio 172 cup
Well, just had the Clio delivered to my place after it as been sitting under a tree since October. Gave it a quick wash then into the garage.
t has an issue at the moment with the RCH module (?) so this needs to be looked at as it is not running at present. The car has loads of history, lots of extras including strut brace, K-Tec stainless exhaust, Brembo brakes, poly bushes, a set of 5 original Speedline Turinis and lots of spares including front door cards, starter, coil pack, springs etc. Looking forward to getting it running and enjoying some track time with my boys!
Pictures before collection.

WP_20170212_12_56_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20170212_12_56_38_Pro.jpg

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
Looks a good car to start with. Should be able to pick up a new UCH Module from ebay or from here easily enough.

Boosted 182 & a 197
Speak to either Tim Finch or Gary Spooner, Usually you can pick a UCH and full lock set up for under £100

Clio 172 Merc ML55
As the guys above said, if it is a uch fault (this basically controls the body side of the car, same principle as the engines ecu) then you'll probably be best off picking up another set. You'll need the uch, engine ecu, and key fob, you don't need the blade of the key or door locks/fuel cap as these can be re used by swapping your existing blade over onto the 'new' fob.

Be careful when ordering a replacement set of the above as the part numbers need to match exactly, otherwise you could encounter other issues (for example your cup doesn't have abs, whereas standard sports do)

Otherwise it looks as though you've got a good little car and the OZ alloys are quite sought after too

Ads

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to suggest that actually, I have seen a thread recently on it and the guy "tachosoft" had been used before with good reviews plus that's only £20/30

Clio 172 cup
Yes Steve
My son spotted it sitting on the driveway before Christmas and kept an eye on it. I called round about a month ago, and the guy who owned it needed it gone as he was going to Australia in March. Been sitting since October, 91,000 miles, lots of history.He was a real keen owner, but had a company car so this was put on the backfoot. It has apparently been re-mapped, but until we get it running who knows. He was keen for it to go to a good home!
Both my sons work at Robinson Race Cars at the weekends, so a bespoke rear cage will be first on the list, after MOT. As they both plan to track day the car some safety will need to be a high priority. Looking for a small extinguisher system too,
I'll keep you all updated on the progress, I'll post some photos soon,

Clio 172 cup
Previous owner had investigated the issue, car wont turn over. But, it could be a relay, bad connection. I have hooked up another battery and everything works, fuel pump, all lights etc I have taken the UCH unit out and re-connected the wires and the same thing happens, however there is a clicking noise from the passenger foot well , I was on my so could not check what it was when the key was turned.

Clio 172 cup
Right, quick update -
The UCH has been looked at by the guy from Techsport. He phoned me and said that all looked fine and ran trough some possible other faults rather than the UCH. When it returned I installed it and the issue was still the same, it would not turn over. Today I had the car back on its wheels and as all the other systems on the car seemed to work - lights, washers etc, I decided to try and bump start the car. 30m down the drive and it fired into life! It seems to run ok, although there is no response from the throttle pedal and it shows an electrical fault from the dash. However, I'm happy that the car is running. I have a new starter which I plan to install, to eliminate that - the one on the car does not seem to good when I tried to hot wire it,so just need to track down the wiring fault. I know a local auto-electrician who knows some of the issues Renault suffer from so he pans to look at the car next week. That's about it! Oh, apart from the boot doesn't seem to want to open now, I think I got one of the rubbers trapped when I closed the boot so I need to sort that out as well!