ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nicks 172 Cup From The Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  TrackCar & F30 330d
Sounds like you've had a good year then :)

I have a question, what size spacers are you running on the front and what it your wheel ET? I'm looking to getting either 25mm spacers (each side) at the front of mine running my Ultras with a ET 37 offset.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Awesome, no doubt you have already said but what coilovers are you running? Thought you running soilid top mounts? Love my ast's.

Sounds like you've had a good year then :)

I have a question, what size spacers are you running on the front and what it your wheel ET? I'm looking to getting either 25mm spacers (each side) at the front of mine running my Ultras with a ET 37 offset.

Indeed Chris! Running 2118s with an et43 offset and 25mm spacers each side on the front, I reckon you'd be alright with the Ultras if your not mega low and run similar camber to mine (3 degrees negative). A little 'modifying' of the archs if not wouldnt be too hard! :)

Awesome, no doubt you have already said but what coilovers are you running? Thought you running soilid top mounts? Love my ast's.

Currently got FK Konigsports which use adjustable Koni shocks, been more than hapy with mine so far! Might look into getting some solid topmounts also, not sure which ones to go for though.

Update -

The Cup has now been sorn for a couple of months so I can really crack on with getting stuff done. There was always a problem doing the bigger stuff to the Cup when I was using it as a daily as there'd always be a a rush to get something done otherwise I wouldn't have a car to use! Thankfully a runaround turned up and now things can move on nicely! :)

Cheers
Nick

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Update -

The Cup has now been sorn for a couple of months so I can really crack on with getting stuff done. There was always a problem doing the bigger stuff to the Cup when I was using it as a daily as there'd always be a a rush to get something done otherwise I wouldn't have a car to use! Thankfully a runaround turned up and now things can move on nicely! :)

Cheers
Nick

You can lend me your seats then ;P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Or u could just buy mine ;)

Hah I will have the money shortly! I want to be sure the subframes I've got fit in the correct positions first! Was thinking borrow one of nicks to test with and if it sits alright then I'll snap em up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio Sport 172
Bit random dude but where did u get ur battery relocation?, car looks impresive, just wish i had for dollar to mod mine but being an apprentice bad times lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Bit random dude but where did u get ur battery relocation?, car looks impresive, just wish i had for dollar to mod mine but being an apprentice bad times lol

Simple formula needed to get yours to this spec is as follows: Do not move out of home + work daft overtime hours (or do what Nick does and be 'On Call' i.e Free Money for staying home and eating toast)= minimal bills and lots of disposable cash monies.

;)

What are your plans now its off the road?

Well going to start going to town on the weight saving now, got my aerocatches for the rear so can do that. Start cutting out uneeded brackets and looking to get a Mk1 Dash top so I can get rid of the Mk2 Dash completely.

Also got a redtop battery to fit, carbon doorcards to fit and a good service for it also. No doubt there's some other things to do but who knows yet! Depends on spare pennies really! Really got the urge to sticker the car up like you did, just know i'll get slted for it though!

looks very ncie indeed

have you driven the nurburgring in it?

Nope never been to the 'Ring', though it's something i'd like to do maybe next year now.

Cheers matey! The battery box itself will be up for sale soon as i'm using a lightweight battery that going under the seat. Pm me if your interested in it? :)

Simple formula needed to get yours to this spec is as follows: Do not move out of home + work daft overtime hours (or do what Nick does and be 'On Call' i.e Free Money for staying home and eating toast)= minimal bills and lots of disposable cash monies.

;)

LOL! Do love living at home and the current lifestyle, got to make the most of it! ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi

Did you try the ast springs you bought a while ago the orange ones that were on Burpspeeds car ? I ask because I want to order some springs and found them in the for sale thread?

Cheers

Yeah did use them for about 5k miles, was using Vmaxx coilovers at the time and it stiffened the rear up nicely. Wasn't too savage with regards to oversteer and gave great turn in, far greater than the standard Vmaxx springs.

I do still have them also.

Cheers
Nick

TrackCar & F30 330d
You get the Mk1 dashes on ebay for £12 posted, I put an offer into the guy and got mine for just under £10.

Theres loads of bits to cut out from the inside. Wish i had spent a little more time doing mine now as i sort of rushed it. Also if your using an angle grinder inside the car wear a cap and a scarf as all the sparks hit the roof and go on your head and down your back (i'm a girl lol)

I think if your going to sticker it up race car stylie then get the big white squares and a number to go on the doors and then put the stickers on the rest of the car. I dont really care what people say about me or my car, if it make you happy then go for it.

Oh and get your areocatches on your boot as i want to see how you mount yours as i'm not sire where to do them when i get mine for the boot. I'm thinking doing them flat, like left to right.

Alright chris, yeah got a Mk1 dash but just awaiting delivery. Got the dash and a Mk1 Ph1 steering wheel for £30 delivered so i'm happy with that!

Yeah going to attacking the mounts over the coming month, will bear them tips in mind! ;)

With the aerocatches, I think they'll be fitted horizontally with the pins being closest to the lights if that makes sense. Need to have a decent look first though!

Savagely light clios FTW! :)

arite nick, how lights your clio now? its looking pretty bare, ive fitted the wheels i baught from you and stripped mine even further, it currently stands at 912kg with front door cards and radio still in, the only things i havnt sacrificed really.

do you find yours slightly twitchy at high speed? as mine feels abit lively being so light but im going to get the geometry fully set up next month to try get it to feel planted again!

Hi there Pete, didn't see that anyone had posted in here since last time I did!

With the 2118's on as well as half a tank of fuel (20kg) and 10kg's worth of bits in the car it weighed in at 920kg. I do have further plans ahead like cutting the inside of the bootskin out, cutting all bracketry out of the car and fitting a carbon fibre bonnet that i've aquired recently for the time being. My overal plan is to get it to 850kg without a cage, anything under that is a bonus!

I do have a playful rear end on my car, mainly because prefer it that way. (I have my rear ARB on fully stiff and rear shocks 75% stiff!) Being smooth is the key for me but when I do want to have a mad 5 minutes it can be a handful! :)

Hope thats some help, and hope your enjoying the wheels!

Nick

Clio 172 Cup
Car looks awesome and a inspiration for me now I own a Cup!

Does the cage have a harness bar? Where the harnesses are mounted in the earlier pics is rather dodgy is all.

182cup & 172 racecar
Hi there Pete, didn't see that anyone had posted in here since last time I did!

With the 2118's on as well as half a tank of fuel (20kg) and 10kg's worth of bits in the car it weighed in at 920kg. I do have further plans ahead like cutting the inside of the bootskin out, cutting all bracketry out of the car and fitting a carbon fibre bonnet that i've aquired recently for the time being. My overal plan is to get it to 850kg without a cage, anything under that is a bonus!

I do have a playful rear end on my car, mainly because prefer it that way. (I have my rear ARB on fully stiff and rear shocks 75% stiff!) Being smooth is the key for me but when I do want to have a mad 5 minutes it can be a handful! :)

Hope thats some help, and hope your enjoying the wheels!

Nick
Unless it's wet and at Silverstone.

So, to date this is probably the biggest fail/schoolboy/idiotic thing i've done... Friday evening i'm changing over the wheels onto some normal wheels with road tyres, it was getting dark and was rushing. As I always do, I take it out for a short drive to make sure everythings alright, unfortunately this time I was rushing too much and forgot that I looked in the engine bay before and forgot to lock the aerocatches up... :(

S1053858.jpg

S1053859.jpg

S1053861.jpg

S1053860.jpg

Looks a bloody mess tbh, when the bonnet flipped I reacted quite quickly luckily and got it off the road. (I thank Youtube for that, watching a few racecar vids with bonnets flipping I looked to the top of the dash and the bottom of the window for a little bit of sight!)

Not too fussed about it really, was wanting to reshell for a while now and start afresh as I want a better condition shell. For the time being though I have Donnington park next weekend, so getting my carbon bonnet fitted eariler than expected and getting a new screen in before then and once i've done the trackday the car will start to be taken to pieces and a new shell sourced.

Cheers
Nick

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Lol @ you and your obsession to re-shell!!! That roof will repair all day long....you nutcase.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Oooooooooooooooooh nightmare mate, did you have them not clipped at all or just not pushed fully into the lock position?

Oft!

Reshelling is a bit extreme; although you do have the advantage of there being quite a lot less to move across. We could also work on the manifold as we do it..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Nasty, hopefully you'll be ok for Donington.

Agree with Ollie and Tom, reshelling is a bit extreme. I'd leave it, it's a track car it's meant to have battle scars and all that.

182cup & 172 racecar
Re shelling seems a bit OTT Nick,new bonnet and screen all will be fine.Have re shelled once,it would be last resort imo soooo much work and we hardly had anything to change over.

We have a shell by the way.

330i. E30 Touring.
Reshelling for that?! You f**king drama queen; I was expecting the roof to be caved in!

f**k me, I've put body coloured tape over less and people haven't noticed! (;

Status
Not open for further replies.