ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon - Old School Camera(inc pics)

Clio MK2 (1.2)
cleaning out under the Bed and found this Old Nikon berried in dust :eek:

Can anyone tell me if its anygood or worth anything ? my great grandad gave it to my brother before he died and he passed it on to me, and i forgot about until today,

As you can see in the pictures its proper old, gutted it hasnt got the Flash in the Bag, would have been very interesting to play around with it.

Nikon003.jpg

Nikon004.jpg

Nikon005.jpg

Nikon006.jpg

Nikon007.jpg

Cupra
You might be able to get something for the lenses but not sure about the body.

There is still quite a market for the old Nikon lenses, assuming they are good ones.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
^ doesnt say F65 or nothing on the camera, and i cant get it to open, but for some reason it has batterie's .. why on earth would a camera this old need batteries for

says on the back. FM 2280425

Cupra
Try pulling the dial up on the left hand side of the body (with the lens facing away from you). Some of them used to have the door release there.

Battery could be for the display in the viewfinder (exposure meter?).

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Theres no door release on the left hand side, i have manged to figure out how t release the ffilm from insde by lifitng the (notch the turns clockwise) but nothing else, door still seems to not open .. theres like 1 button underneth that just click's but does nothng to the door ..

Cupra
If you pull the film release one a bit higher, does it open?

I had an old Minolta SLR so have no idea about Nikons.....

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Yes it does, good man Andy
btw why has the camera got a Cable that you can connect to something, maybe the flash connector? :S

All i need now is 2 new batteries and a Ffilm

LY 182 FF CUPPED
the reason the camera needs batteries is for the light meter display to work, although you can meter manually.

Looks like an early Nikon FM2....the very camera I learnt on.
Not all early Nikons had the model number written on the body.

Also looks like you have a Nikkor 135mm F2.8 lense
50mm F1.8 lense.
Which to be honest I would keep hold of as they are still very good (pin sharp) lenses.

http://www.bythom.com/fm2n.htm

hope that link works.

If you need any help give us a shout.

Suzuki Ignis
Yes it does, good man Andy
btw why has the camera got a Cable that you can connect to something, maybe the flash connector? :S

All i need now is 2 new batteries and a Ffilm

The cable is more likely to be remote shutter release. Does it have a screw type thread on th end? Is there a hole on the shutter button? If so, it should screw in there and you can do long exposures without touching the camera.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Ye, look on the 4th picture, top right hand corner above were the lens connects, thats were the cable goes to.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
no, this is the cable, both parts join together and 1 end goes into the camera, but were does the other go is a mystery.

nikoncable001.jpg

Suzuki Ignis
Ahh yeah there for the flash so you can have it off camera.
Like this guy...
OffCamera1.jpg

Have you got a flash with it?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
yep that is a flash sync lead attaches to the left of the lense.
That camera will also accept a cable release this will screw into the shutter release button.