ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o/s Xenon Grief

Hi there,
my 172 was lucky enough to get flooded during the Sheffield floodage. I managed to dry out all the interior after a couple of weeks, its still a bit whiffy but not too bad. The only problem I'm having is with the o/s Xenon.

As soon as the lights come on it pops the fuse, the n/s is fine and was actually more underwater. I managed to get the rubber cover off to let any moisture escape and have been trying a new fuse every few days, still no joy and completely bone dry

Any suggestions, I'm thinking it can't be the bulb as that would be an incomplete circuit, so shouldn't blow fuse, just wouldn't do anything?

I'm loathed to take it to Renault as I know they'll rip me for every penny and I'll have no idea what was broken, if I could somehow prove what is wrong then hopefully it will keep them from scanking me.

Unless anyone in the Sheffield area fancies giving me a hand removing the bumper?

Thanks, Andy.

BMW M135i
Can only assume theres water in the ballast or starter, its shorting out somewhere for it to keep blowing fuses.

www.renparts.co.uk
should have claimed on the insurance for the damage really.... it could cause underlying problems in the future... it doesn't affect your premium like an accident.... anyway thats up to you... but as above sounds like its getting shorted out... take your bumper off and your headlight off and take the ballast off the bottom (torx screw) and give it a dry.

I have £500 xs on my premium so really didn't want to claim when the only damage appeared to be cosmetic. So far its cost nothing to fix, just a bit of cleaning and if this turns out to be something I can also sort myself then I'm way better off.

I agree that long term there could be problems, fingers crossed it doesn't come back and bite me.

Is getting the bumper off an easy job? I live in a flat so have nowhere I can get under the car or to jack it up.

Thanks for your help so far..

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh, front liners off, couple of bolts, couple on undertray... then its off...

if you want a hand im in doncaster.

Cheers, I'll have a poke about on Sunday and see if I can manage it. I might end up asking for your help next weekend..

Main problem I've got is if the fuzz end up giving my a 7 dayer then I'm at the mercy of Vardy or whatever they are calling themselves nowadays.

Thanks again for your advice, Andy.