ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

ph1 172
Engine spec is pretty basic relatively:
-CatCam 438's
-Ported and matched inlets
-182 manifold and Orbisoud cup racer exhaust with no cat
-ARP rod bolts
-Long induction pipe with ITB Maxogen filter
-No pas or air con

204bhp and 165ft lbs torque

ph1 172
After looking at this car for about 3hours it's Fair to say its pretty amazing the time & effort that's gone into this by everyone involved is awesome. The car is a real credit to you Rhys.

Still think you should've taken my ph2 bumper and strips whilst I was there ha

Thanks very much Dan, you make me blush haha

It's staying as a ph1, I like it ;)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Engine spec is pretty basic relatively:
-CatCam 438's
-Ported and matched inlets
-182 manifold and Orbisoud cup racer exhaust with no cat
-ARP rod bolts
-Long induction pipe with ITB Maxogen filter
-No pas or air con

204bhp and 165ft lbs torque

Great outputs for the mods then! I wonder if that long intake has a big part to play in that.

If you do Oulton or Anglesey sometime I might see you about, would be cool to look over the car.

ph1 172
I will keep you posted cheers

The induction length IMO plays a big part. On my 182 I saw 10.9bhp and 14ft lbs torque over the standard air box measured on the same dyno. Although different engine mods will react differently of course. This engine has different cams so whether it saw as much as my 182 I can't say

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
induction length is definitely a big part of it. All the parts selected just seem to compliment each other so well! Loving it! Hope I can have a go

ph1 172
induction length is definitely a big part of it. All the parts selected just seem to compliment each other so well! Loving it! Hope I can have a go

So chuffed with it Dan. Ran it gently for a little while, seemed fine so ran 4 times along the runway to approx 135-140ish and temps sat at 88 water and 91 oil.

Will keep you posted on my first track day and of course, bring your helmet ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It runs really smooth! The flywheel makes it jerky at low rpm/speed. But I like that, race car :p

probably tune a lot of that out to be honest, just need a road and a few minutes with the laptop. it'll just be where it's goin in and out of idle control zone, sometimes causes a slight conflict and the ignition timing jumps about at one spot. Can't stop it 100% as not using an idle contro valve, but can get it pretty good

Mk1 Focus RS
Awesome, pleased you finally got this finished. Been a long time coming but looks worth it and so different to all the other cars on here.

Well done!

​Lewis

ph1 172
probably tune a lot of that out to be honest, just need a road and a few minutes with the laptop. it'll just be where it's goin in and out of idle control zone, sometimes causes a slight conflict and the ignition timing jumps about at one spot. Can't stop it 100% as not using an idle contro valve, but can get it pretty good
Your knowledge is endless Dan :) I will get you to do that
Nice one, good results, Thats an impressive weigh in.
Thanks Sonny, I am so happy with the weight.
Awesome, pleased you finally got this finished. Been a long time coming but looks worth it and so different to all the other cars on here.

Well done!

​Lewis

Cheers Lewis! It did take a while. Will let you know when I've booked it's first track day and see if your free to catch up. I am also looking at replacing my 182 with a mk1 FRS

A shed
I spent a long time at Dans drooling over this, fantastic build, fantastic power and a true inspiration!!

Its not helping the slippery slope I'm on with my Clio.....

182cup & 172 racecar
I want to see whst you did to finish the bonnet and scuttle area.
Took me a little while to notice it was missing.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks like an awesome build :) What are your plans for the car? Assume just trackdays etc?

ph1 172
Well done Rhys the car is a true credit to you. Looked spot on when I saw it earlier in the year, looks even better completed.

I spent a long time at Dans drooling over this, fantastic build, fantastic power and a true inspiration!!

Its not helping the slippery slope I'm on with my Clio.....

Thanks chaps, appreciated :)

I want to see whst you did to finish the bonnet and scuttle area.
Took me a little while to notice it was missing.

Haven't done this job yet Tony but it's a nice easy job. As the bonnet lifts off I will rivet a piece of black perspex to the back that is cut to follow the windscreen. Will put some louvres in it too because even that little test proved how much heat that gap was letting out.
It was a pain having the cage come through there and therefore losing all the scuttle area but even on a small drive like the other day, it's really noticeable how much sharper the front end is.

ph1 172
Looks like an awesome build :) What are your plans for the car? Assume just trackdays etc?

For this year it will be just track days but once the car is properly dialed in and a few other mods are done, next year I would like to compete in a couple of hillclimbs

ph1 172
Sorry Dan didn't see your post!

The 172 is very close to completion. I have booked a trackday at Woodbridge next Saturday 7th.
The 182 is for sale as I would like a Leon Cupra K1. Will miss that car, been the best thing I have ever bought tbf! Cheap fun there