ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
She runs!! Sounds a bit like a superbike when you blip the throttle. Only done enough to make it idle so far. Quite looking forward to seeing what it does on the rollers now.

ph1 172
So excited to hear that news Dan, I have an ear to ear grin! Hopefully that's my super duper billet flywheel that is giving that kind of throttle response

SQ5
Will you be coming in your 182 then Rhys?

That's gutting :(

You are right though Dan, any little problem could soon raise its head so shortly afterwards. I thought I was crazy taking mine last year having just supercharged it and done about 700 miles!

ph1 172
Will still be coming yes. It needs local testing first because the last thing I want is to be sorting out recovery from another country through teething problems. It will show it's face at CSS

Anyway, as one Clio leaves, another arrives...

null_zps1c14eff9.jpg

Moo @ BeanieSport

Just found this - it's been a while, lol. Hope my loom comes out as good.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Well a week or so ago I first attempt on the rollers and had to abort due to a knocking front pulley (looked like it was about to throw itself apart)
Had to order up a brand new one. Fitting involved using all the cam locking tools as if doing a cambelt.

Found this core plug hammer in too far and been rubbing on the cam
IMG_20130605_153114_zps6003454c.jpg

And a nice job been done of chewing up the cam slot
IMG_20130605_153240_zps382429be.jpg

Old pulley came off, you can just about see the rubber has started to disintegrate and leave black powdery remnants
IMG_20130605_152803_zps60348b54.jpg

And the brand new pulley fitted up. Shiny! (excuse the crap pic)
IMG_20130605_152846_zps7b1e99a4.jpg

So this afternoon, after I'd waved off Tony with the Burpspeed racecar having sorted out the rather rich map, it was back on wih Rhys'

IMG_20130607_175410_zps6e7a0d45.jpg

IMG_20130607_175425_zpsec2c7451.jpg

IMG_20130607_175442_zps03cd671d.jpg

Spent an hour or so on it this afternoon so far. Slow going as it's probably the hottest day I've had in here since installing the rollers. Mostly got everything below 2.5k done and starts runs and idles well.

ph1 172
Wow

Massive thanks to Dan and Moo. You have done a superb job!

I also weighed the car. With 2 seats in, and 15 litres of fuel it tips the scales at 840kgs. Over the moon as I was aiming for 850kgs and there are still a few bits I can do in the near future to bring that weight down further still.

It has more importantly, 243bhp per ton. It flys to say the least. The engine pulls really hard and is so smooth. No kicks in power and no dips. Dan is the mapping man :p

Last edited by a moderator:
After looking at this car for about 3hours it's Fair to say its pretty amazing the time & effort that's gone into this by everyone involved is awesome. The car is a real credit to you Rhys.

Still think you should've taken my ph2 bumper and strips whilst I was there ha