ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hello there, its Moo @ BeanieSport here.
I've had a word with Rhys this morning and he is happy for me to take over the thread, to keep himself and you lot posted on what is going on with his car.
Dan from 519 Automotive and Rhys arrived at the BeanieSport workshop with the Clio on a trailer.
Got the car off the trailer and made it a space in the workshop, then spent a couple of hours chatting about the loom we would be building as well as chatting about and looking around the other cars in the workshop.
Anyway, this was the first time we had seen the car and we both thought it looked fabulous (always loved Ph1's) and I think you'll all agree)

IMG_4275_zpsa74d9205.jpg

Anyway after a quick assesment of what was needed, we ordered a load of wiring parts

IMG_4319_zps40fe1f5c.jpg

To begin with we set about building the engine loom, ready to have a bulkhead through panel plug connection on the end as the standalone ECU we be located inside the car. We havent fitted the plug connection yet, so the wires are still bare at the end

IMG_4357_zpsb2774f98.jpg

IMG_4356_zps1bdb7ed5.jpg

Next up I set about wiring up his new fuse and replay box

IMG_4344_zps6b693299.jpg

With that all wired up, I have set about building the body loom, which is a rather comlicated job as all the switches including the stalks have been relocated to a panel in the centre.
Anyway so far I'm thinking the loom is looking fabulous

IMG_4354_zps044ee1da.jpg

IMG_4353_zpsea166611.jpg

IMG_4352_zps97a64b4d.jpg

Thats the rear of the wiring loom mostly done, but as this picture shows I still have a lot to do at the front

IMG_4355_zpse664bd13.jpg

I hope you like and I'll keep you posted as we get on

Moo @ BeanieSport

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Cheers for all the replies lads :)
The lack of updates doesn't mean that I haven't been working on the looms, but it became rapidly apparent that daily updates weren't going to show much as progress has been visibly slow, with lots of work going into very little change.
Anyway decided today I'd got far enough that is was worth taking some pictures and posting the progress.

I have finished the front end loom that goes to the headlights and fan

IMG_4341_zpsae4cc9d1.jpg

IMG_4340_zpsb50710d5.jpg

Next up it was time to finish off the engine loom by heat shrinking and adding a neptune plug

IMG_4338_zpse5c3953e.jpg

IMG_4339_zps562bad89.jpg

Very happy with how the engine loom has come out
So thats the front end loomed up, just need to put the wiper wiring in

IMG_4342_zps827d0c42.jpg

After that, to take a break from wiring for a bit, I decided to set about making the battery cables up
I used red heat shrink on the positive leads and black heat shrink on the earths

IMG_4344_zps76e14b0d.jpg

IMG_4345_zps673f922a.jpg

A few pictures of how the loom is coming along, looks a little untidy but all I've got left is to connect the front end loom, fit the fusebox, add the connectors on for the switches and mount the ecu. Once that is done I can test everything, then once I'm happy I can heat shrink it up and it'll be looking amazing ready to go across to Dan at 519 for him to map

IMG_4346_zps95b394a1.jpg

IMG_4348_zps2f56c32f.jpg

Hope you like!
Moo@Beaniesport

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looks very neat and good quality work.

Always wondered, what is the correct way to wire the cut off switch? Obviously battery +/- but do they need connected to the ignition, alternator, body and one other that I cant remember?

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Back again with another small update as the loom is starting to take shape a little more.
First thing we did was to make a bracket and mount the ecu

null_zpscf835b77.jpg

Next up made a hole for the battery through panel and the neptune bulkhead plug

null_zpsf7ca5592.jpg

Really starting to look good

null_zps60f73971.jpg

null_zpse0378ae3.jpg

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Looking forward to seeing your car too Zmaster!
Back with another update!!
Today was finally the day that I could power up the Clio and test all the work that I had done.
I had finished wiring in the fuse and relay box, just needs a mounting bracket making for it now.

null_zpsca61013a.jpg

So it was then time to flick the ignition switch and see what happened

null_zpsb1573af0.jpg

SUCCESS!!!!!! Very happy Moo :)
So next up was a light check to see how that went and all (barring a couple of missing bulbs which had me sweating initially) worked prefectly!!!

th_02708809-9150-4AED-B886-5A2603636478-10068-0000075DB98F990A_zps699dc085.jpg

So happy that everything was working as it should, I started heating all the heat shrink up and mouning the switches in the temporary switch panel

null_zpsdd7a5913.jpg

null_zpsdc903fd8.jpg

The handbrake does just miss the switch panel, but maybe a small dish in the centre of the final switch panel may just help a little
Very very happy!
Will do some final finishing off tomorrow so hopefully it can then go off to Dan at 519 Automotive for mapping, then back to Rhys for him to take to the ring

Cheers for looking (if needed can someone please embed the video for me? I really ought to learn how to)
Hopefully more tomorrow

Moo @ BeanieSport

Cup In bits
Really neat work Moo, fancy some holidays to sunny Scotland? I bet your itching to get the car back now Rhys, I love the engine bay, well worth spending the time to trim the bulkhead, looks quality and gives loads of room.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are you going on a track day at the ring Rhys, or are you doing tf days?? If its tf days I'll be VERY interested to see if they let you out tbh. The x door bars are a no no for this year but yet to hear 100% off someone if they weren't allowed out on track.

ph1 172
I will make sure I let everyone know :)

Thanks Swede, took a while with the grinder though! Very excited now as it is incredibly close now

ph1 172
Are you going on a track day at the ring Rhys, or are you doing tf days?? If its tf days I'll be VERY interested to see if they let you out tbh. The x door bars are a no no for this year but yet to hear 100% off someone if they weren't allowed out on track.

Just arrive and drive whatever that is. I did send them an email with photos earlier this year and the only thing they didn't like was my old wrap around seats.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Just arrive and drive whatever that is. I did send them an email with photos earlier this year and the only thing they didn't like was my old wrap around seats.

Yeah that's tf then mate or touristenfahrten as its officially know! Yeah the wrap around seats and q/r steering wheel bosses are banned on tf this year apparently. Be interested to see how you go on and if they give you any drama at the gate!

ph1 172
Looking good Rhys. Hopefully you will get on the Ring. Are you doing any DN trips this year?

What's DN?

Yeah that's tf then mate or touristenfahrten as its officially know! Yeah the wrap around seats and q/r steering wheel bosses are banned on tf this year apparently. Be interested to see how you go on and if they give you any drama at the gate!

The boss has got to come off and be replaced with a spacer. I will be interested too!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right this is the final update from us over at BeanieSport
With everything in and working well, it was time to just heat shrink everything properly, make a fusebox bracket and just finish everything off
These are the final pictures

null_zps4c52f2ee.jpg

null_zps0683734e.jpg

null_zps5539b229.jpg

null_zpsc73788e7.jpg

null_zpsc9a6259d.jpg

null_zps63e5f666.jpg

null_zps9beb282c.jpg

null_zps367af3df.jpg

Very happy with how the loom has come out, it is rather chunky as with the switches in the centre console and the ECU on the bulkhead there is a lot of wiring spread around the car.

Anyway, as one Clio leaves, another arrives...

null_zps1c14eff9.jpg

null_zps037d6cb6.jpg

Thank you very much everyone, hope you like your loom and I look forward to the updates to see Dan @ 519 Automotive getting it running then see it go to the ring.

Moo @ BeanieSport

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Got it on the ramp already and been going through the list and order of jobs. First off swap the sump.....I get all the glamourous jobs LOL

ph1 172
Fantastic job Moo, will catch up with your properly soon.

I knew that you would appreciate the jobs I gave you Dan :)