ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OE04UYN - RB FF 182 (ex The Boosh's Motor)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Looks awesome Ben, such a nice car for the mileage and shows how you’ve looked after her!!
Did I read you might be selling her in the future?

Thanks for the kind comments, I try to keep on top of jobs and once I get the arch seen to and front end suspension refresh this year and belts again next spring she'll be sorted for few more years.

However no plans to sell currently no

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Sorted some anchor points for the washer blanks, hoping I can use the backing plates off the originals to get angle right but we'll see when I take it apart tomorrow to fit.

For now, quick drying araldite to the rescue once more!

Ready for glue

20200412_113845.jpg

Stuck

20200412_114216.jpg

And set and solid

20200412_120805.jpg

20200412_120817.jpg

20200412_120819.jpg

Cheers

Ben

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorted some anchor points for the washer blanks, hoping I can use the backing plates off the originals to get angle right but we'll see when I take it apart tomorrow to fit.

For now, quick drying araldite to the rescue once more!

Ready for glue

View attachment 1465677

Stuck

View attachment 1465678

And set and solid

View attachment 1465679
View attachment 1465680
View attachment 1465681

Cheers

Ben

I have some carbon washer blanks just the same. Someone had stuck them on one of my previous clio's with double sided tape and they looked terrible. Might have a go at doing something similar after seeing your post 👍

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have some carbon washer blanks just the same. Someone had stuck them on one of my previous clio's with double sided tape and they looked terrible. Might have a go at doing something similar after seeing your post 👍

I'll post results in here tomorrow hopefully chap and you'll be able see how well my cunning plan has worked!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Not made any progress on this really, not had time to sort the carbon front parts, hopefully get front bumper off in next week or two and get it done.

In meantime collected front subframe assembly to strip, get powdercoated and build up with new components. Come from a 100 ish k car so I'll use the rack etc too as although not low mileage as such, still half the mileage of one on the car.

Like a glove into the car, cheers to @dann2707 for the bits

IMG-20200502-WA0014.jpg

Stripped down

IMG-20200502-WA0016.jpg

Bushes different for rack, believe revised to same part now

IMG-20200502-WA0015.jpg

Set of spare frame mount captive nuts and bolts thanks to Dan too for saving them out the breaker

IMG-20200502-WA0013.jpg

More to come as I collect new parts and drag frame to powdercoaters along with load of bits for the grey mk1

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Carbon mirror caps trial fitted. On the fence with them so going to get the rest of front end carbon on first. Then collect some spare mirrors, spend some time getting them fitting perfect and looking oe as possible then fit too the car and decide.

Powrflex rack bushes showed up too, thanks @Dr Jekyll for alleviating my fears of only one in the pack, very confusingly advertised by powerflex.

Cheers

Ben

20200514_194533.jpg
20200514_194551.jpg
20200514_194545.jpg
IMG-20200516-WA0000.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Right, ripped bumper off to fit carbon stuff, got distracted by rust chasing instead but made a bit of fit and start progress and nice to clean up the arches and hopefully halt tin worm

So bumper off

20200523_155654.jpg

Dirty face

20200523_155858.jpg

Dirty arches

20200523_155906.jpg

20200523_155918.jpg

Cleaned

20200523_161050.jpg

20200523_161116.jpg

Rust

20200523_161126.jpg

Treated

20200523_162429.jpg

Face cleaned

20200523_161104.jpg

20200523_161108.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The faceless clio, back on the deck so I can just clip front bumper on and off as I'm working on it over next few days.

20200523_165005.jpg

20200523_164959.jpg

Arch liners cleaned up and pikie fixed for the bonus points

20200525_180556.jpg

20200525_180559.jpg

20200525_181206.jpg

Old skoda splitter off, bit of damage on bumper, they take some hammer though daily use, so despite being repainted 5 years or so ago it's buggered again!

20200525_183751.jpg

20200525_183746.jpg

More to come!

Cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
The arch liner fix isn’t from the bit I cut off from when it was rubbing on the coil overs was it 😂

I don't think so matey, there was no part missing as such, just cracked and the panel to subframe drop link snapped off

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Rest of carbon fitted to the front bumper today and fitted up to the car. Also recoated all the dodgy bits under the front arches with the old hydrate 80.

Let that all cure overnight and I'll refit the arch liners in the morning.

Cheers

Ben

20200526_203756.jpg
20200526_203803.jpg
20200526_203809.jpg
20200526_205930.jpg
20200526_210127.jpg
20200526_210145.jpg
20200526_210253.jpg
20200526_210326.jpg

VRS
I don't think so matey, there was no part missing as such, just cracked and the panel to subframe drop link snapped off

ahh cool 👍🏻 When I first got it on it’s coilovers I heard major scraping on the drivers arch and when I hopped out to check there was a Little chunk of arch liner flapping around so I had to snap it off lol😂

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I also love carbon! Is that one of the Ktec carbon splitters? Think the mirror covers are really smart too. Looks well smart.

One of my favourite things in my track car interior are genuine carbon dash strips and carbon look dials.

Any more carbon bits to be added?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I love the carbon touches! I must profess to being a big of a carbon whore! Another list of things to add to the list when my bumper goes in for paint!

I'm a total carbon whore! Second time around with this car too, sold it all and then rebought and added more, it's a terrible addiction!

ahh cool 👍🏻 When I first got it on it’s coilovers I heard major scraping on the drivers arch and when I hopped out to check there was a Little chunk of arch liner flapping around so I had to snap it off lol😂

:ROFLMAO: yeah I guess it's had a 'new' one since. It'll be back on coilovers end of the year when the ones I've got get un-stranded from Scottish lockdown at my mates place oop north

Cars looking great again btw 👍🏻👌🏻

And cheers chap she's holding up okay still.

I also love carbon! Is that one of the Ktec carbon splitters? Think the mirror covers are really smart too. Looks well smart.

One of my favourite things in my track car interior are genuine carbon dash strips and carbon look dials.

Any more carbon bits to be added?

Not sure who made the splitter or the other bits originally tbh, all acquired pre loved through the classifieds in here!

Inside is laced up too so pretty much done, one more brand new commission in the pipeline to be revealed soon.... ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
final piece of the carbon puzzle sorted, sent a used set of genuine oz centre caps to Matt at carbon skins who then sourced new decals, skinned them in carbon weave, fitted the decals and lacquered them.

Come out lovely if I do say, much better than the oz fake carbon ones

20200717_151132.jpg
20200704_152319.jpg
20200704_152322.jpg
20200717_142405.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Another minor update, cars just been lapping up the mileage as normal, however hit a couple of stumblers recently.

The cat joint fell off manifold side, so I sold the original cat and stuck a cheap eBay 60 quid one on with a new fitting kit. That keeps occasionally throwing a Lambda fault up now, and the sensors are both new so know its not that so will see how it beds in, hopefully will get better with use. However when I fitted the new cat I noticed the 'ears' on the manifold side flange are incredibly thin and I doubt long for this world either, as such I've sourced a good used manifold to go on when I swap the subframe in 202-whenever. And if cat keeps throwing the MIL light I'll bite the bullet and get a proper branded sports cat

Next issue, looks like the steering angle sensor in the squib is also now faulty too, so keeps throwing all the dahs lights, in 8 years ownership I've never had Christmas tree light dash......seems it's my time! So need to source good used one of those too at some point to sort that

Then it wouldn't start, earth issues on main strap to gearbox, so cleaned all that up and also added an extra main earth from gearbox bolt to battery neg. Fixed! And also whilst on electrics, I need to sort the rear light cluster connectors as the old fog light on dash flicker is starting too, so that is on the list of winter maintenance too.

So few niggles here and there but she's an old girl about to plunge headlong into her 16th winter as a daily driver so entitled to a few blips I feel.....be reet!

Oh and one of my carbon exhaust trims (which i ignored when it was half hanging off month or so back) has now let go and fucked off, so need to replace that too, think @RichValver is hooking me up for that one with any luck!

So after all that, picked up new suspension, well new already loved so not really new, but basically 3k mile old cup shocks, genuine top mounts and Gram's springs which I slung on in my lunch break whilst WFH today in all of 40 minutes flat, so had 5 minutes left of my company allotted breaktime to scoff a sarnie before back to the grind! lovely!

Initial impressions are positive, car sits a little lower and rides a little better than the H&R's and with the 3k miles already on the springs they should be just about bedded in anyway, Plenty of opportunity over coming weeks to fully test them out though and see if I gel with them like I did the H&R's.

Anyway, apologies for no pics, just been cracking on really with it all and you know, daily, with issues, that is kind of annoying me at the moment. Once I sort the electrical niggles and get the front end suspension refresh finished I am sure it'll be picture central again as I fall for the car once more.......roll on spring 2021, by that time the belts will of been done again too, due in 4k miles!

cheers

Ben

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Another minor update, car keeps on trucking

had abs issue that was combination of SAS and ABS plug to rear sensor, so after lots of mucking about sorted that

completed another winter so will back on summer wheels soon

rust has got worse, will update with pics this week, might even wash it...….

booked in with @MicKPM for belts in mid April

222431 miles covered as of this morning when I got to work :cool:

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Wow that is some huge mileage, good going! Winter ain’t finished yet though so hang fire on those summer wheels!

Nice work and read👍

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love it. I remember this before it was Luke's, it was owned by a chap called Andy.

I've got some pictures of it with my old RB somewhere, it was probably only a few years old back then!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Annual update

She's dead, lady in a Qashqui jumped a red, I pulled out from under a blind bridge into her.

Not the way I wanted her to go and part of me is mourning still 3 weeks on.

So basically end thread and any updates you'll all need to talk to copart 😢

Goodnight sweet Prince

IMG-20230609-WA0005.jpg