ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil level low

My car seems to be using oil quite quickly - I thought it wasnt topped up fully at the service - but checked it again today and its even lower. Does the cold weather have an effect on how much it uses?? Or am I paying the price for wringing its neck every single one of its 25,000 miles!!. It cant be engine wear at this mileage surely - and theres no sign of any leaks. (03 reg 25K on the clock)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

renault say up to 1 litre per 750 miles is acceptable.it is in your vehicle handbook,have a look to check.

Its not a leak or wear.

The engine runs hot with no specific oil cooling system. ALOT of oil is reduced to vapour with the under piston oil sprays and is burnt in the breather system.

Think of it this way, at least your not running on mega old used oil for long as your always topping up! lol

Cheers - I had visions of a blown engine before its 1st Birthday!! Its been very good up until now - ill keep an eye on it.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Mine used a bit when it was new, but now at 5k miles it seems to be stable and I aint had to top it up for a long time. A lot of cars do use oil from new, the CTR is notorious for it.

I still check my level regularly though...