ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Level Sensor

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Looking for a little advice. I had the STOP and OIL lights appearing on my 182. My initial thoughts were oh crap that'll be the engine on the way out then, but after a bit of investigation I found that the Oil Level Sensor had become disconnected and I assume this is what is causing the error. The oil level itself was fine via the dipstick. The problem is that I can't get the clip to reconnect to the sensor. There is what looks like (for lack of a better description) a toothed bolt that the clip attaches to but its either broken, or corroded and the clip won't stay attached. I not sure if this is something that is supplied if you purchase a new sensor or whether its a separate part. Does anyone have the part number for the oil sensor, I may also need to replace the plastic clip on the engine loom and the mechanism for attaching the clip to the sensor.

Thanks for any help.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Apologies it looks like its the knock sensor that is disconnected and not the oil level sensor 😧 I actually have a new Valeo knock sensor lying around so I'll get it fitted. Not sure now why the STOP and OIL light has come on, so maybe there is something a bit more terminal going on 😧

I have seen the oil pressure switch mentioned before for this kind of issue. I see that there are 2 versions if you look on ECP etc. a 0.2 and a 0.5 bar, does anyone know which one is correct?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If the STOP and OIL light have come on and the engine doesn't have a death rattle, I'd be looking at checking the oil pressure sensor personally. It's to the left of the oil filter as you look at it with the bonnet up.
what colour is the plug as well? The knock sensor plug is brown with a red and white wire coming out of it.

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
Thanks, its definitely the knock sensor that's disconnected as its a brown connector with the red and white wire as you mention. Given the error I was having I assumed it was the oil level sensor until I looked at a image with the sensor locations. Do you have any idea's on which oil pressure sensor, the 0.2 or 0.5 bar one?

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
New knock sensor and oil pressure sensor fitted and the warning lights are gone. Oil pressure was tested as being OK, so looks like faulty sensors were the cause.