ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

172 Iceberg
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

I like the photochop, since you like your carbon you could always get a set of door cards covered in that? Might be a bit too over the top though...

Ollie's Silver Cup

I think I'm just going to go for the dark grey/black plastic one :)

Looking on eBay, they're available new for as little as £12 a side, so I won't have lost much if they don't look right.

Today, I've sorted the hubs. Really tidies up and finishes off the wheels nicely imo, with the 2118's not having a centre cap.

Before;

5348980820_f32b179b5b_z.jpg

The rusty orangey brown on the hub and nut looked a mess imo and let it down.

So with a little bit of work, after;

5356686995_8f8f2b55c3_z.jpg

It just looks that bit neater from a distance also;

5357301710_9c1fb9fceb_z.jpg

I'm going to swap the locking wheel bolts for another 'polarised' effect bolt.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Just done another photoshop for the black door strips and really liking it! :cool:

Monday, I'm heading down to Renault to see about getting some. I'm assuming it'll be an item to order, but there's always hope they may stock them...

5357469018_152e5bf0d3_z.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Gonna get raped on price lol - My williams ones were nearly £130 all in!

See if you're doing that you're going to have to do the washer jet blanks now :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Really? :dapprove: Maybe I'll just order the ones from eBay then, £23.98 brand new :approve:

I assumed the Renault price would be around that :(

* edited to add *

I may be in luck with the mk2 ph2 door strips; the eBay ad says that Renault retail price is £19.17 each side :)

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Really? :dapprove: Maybe I'll just order the ones from eBay then, £23.98 brand new :approve:

I assumed the Renault price would be around that :(

* edited to add *

I may be in luck with the mk2 ph2 door strips; the eBay ad says that Renault retail price is £19.17 each side :)

Thats pretty good, on the willy they were £25 ish each then £30 for the application tape for the center! yes £30!

Ollie's Silver Cup

£30 tape!! :eek:

I've ordered a set of the side strips; I decided I may as well get the new ones on eBay.

Should be here in the week sometime :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

looking ace that!

did you buy the washer blanks brand new or second hand?

Ollie's Silver Cup

So, to update with the current goings on!

As posted previously, I've now decided upon and ordered a JMS RS2 intake manifold. Very much looking forward to getting it and the performance and drivability it should deliver. :evil:

I think I'll be changing my exhaust also, as the intake will perform better with a decat. I could simply add a decat to my K-Tec supersport stealth, but I'm really liking the idea of an Oreca motorsport exhausts that includes a decat.

I'm a little confused as to whether these Oreca exhausts were used on the cup racers? I thought cup racers used Orbisound systems, but I'm sure I've read on here that Oreca supplied the cup racer systems? :S

I'm going ahead with the black door strips also and they have been ordered; should be here sometime during the coming week. It seems, although unintentionally, the car has taken on a cup racer inspired look! :)

Audi TT 3.2

Like the plans mate! I like the Cup Racer inspired look, will look great!

I spotted you last week in wigston.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Like the plans mate! I like the Cup Racer inspired look, will look great!

I spotted you last week in wigston.

Cheers, can't wait for the JMS intake; impressed by the fantastic reviews it's been getting.

Was that after we passed on Station Road? :)

Audi TT 3.2

Cheers, can't wait for the JMS intake; impressed by the fantastic reviews it's been getting.

Was that after we passed on Station Road? :)

Yeah think it was, near the swimming baths?

The JMS intake sounds pretty good, whens it all being fitted?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yeah think it was, near the swimming baths?

The JMS intake sounds pretty good, whens it all being fitted?

Yeah, that was it! :) Your BG looked great, are there photos of it on here?

I think Tom's aiming for/looking at end of Feb for the intake to be ready; I'll get it on as soon as I've got it.

I'd like to get the Oreca exhaust before then too, so it's all ready to be mapped straight the way! :)

Audi TT 3.2

Yeah, that was it! :) Your BG looked great, are there photos of it on here?

I think Tom's aiming for/looking at end of Feb for the intake to be ready; I'll get it on as soon as I've got it.

I'd like to get the Oreca exhaust before then too, so it's all ready to be mapped straight the way! :)

Will be bloody awsome when its all on and when you get youre new exhaust you can make a bit of money back by selling youre k-tec exhaust!

No havent put any photos up get, going to get some sportlines and needs a good detail then ill get some photos up.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Will be bloody awsome when its all on and when you get youre new exhaust you can make a bit of money back by selling youre k-tec exhaust!

No havent put any photos up get, going to get some sportlines and needs a good detail then ill get some photos up.

That was my thinking. A de-cat would cost me around £100 anyway; taking that into account and then getting a couple of hundred for the Stealth, the Oreca will only end up costing me a couple of hundred I'd think :)

Oh is it on standard suspension at the moment then? It looked really low when I saw you, thought you were on coilovers! :eek:

Audi TT 3.2

I had 4 lads from college in it so thats why its looked so low, was on the way for a cheeky mcdonals for lunch!

I dont really want to spend to much money on it really, just give it a really good clean up and some sportlines and will be happy with it i think!

When the weather gets a bit better we shall have to go and get some decent photos somewhere!

Oh yeah my 182 is in EVO this month :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yes mate, sounds good. I could do with finding somewhere new and interesting for photos too, instead of keep going to the same places! lol! :D

Ahhh I wondered about Evo, I saw the photo on facebook and wondered whether it was yours! Nice one, I'll probably pick it up tomorrow while out and about :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Couple of quick from while I was out and about this morning. No point in starting a thread in the media section for them, so may as well post them in here. :)

5362890605_af67d7bc05_z.jpg

5363501042_7fce454d3c_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sorry, I don't have the part number for them; I was lucky and found a guy selling new sets of them on eBay :)

R14 CUP

Speak to a renault dealer and they'll be able to find them without any problems.

If not i can get hold of a set for you.

Looks superb as usual Ollie :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks superb as usual Ollie :D

Thanks, mate! :) Sadly, it needs a good tidy up once the weather gets better. So many little dents and chips at the moment!

I think I'd like to run aero catches on it though; I know there's no need to with the JMS intake, but I did like having them on my old car :approve:

Mk1 Focus RS

Just read all 20 pages, love the detail you have put into this oliver without going over the top and keeping it tidy, just like your old Sport Ka ! also nice to someone with lots of photo's in there thread.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thanks!

Sadly, the SportKa was written off by it's new owner a while after I sold it :dead:

Mk1 Focus RS

Ow really that's a shame, was it sold how it was featured in the mag or put back to standard, did I read somewhere it got traded in ?

R14 CUP

I know the feeling about getting it tidied up, there arent physically enough hours in the day since i am at work every daylight hour in a week :(

Ollie's Silver Cup

Ow really that's a shame, was it sold how it was featured in the mag or put back to standard, did I read somewhere it got traded in ?

It was sold how it was featured, yeah :)

Those wheel bolts look fantastic - what size head are they, 17mm or 19mm?

They're a 17mm hex head.

I know the feeling about getting it tidied up, there arent physically enough hours in the day since i am at work every daylight hour in a week :(

Tell me about it; whenever I have a day off it seems to be raining lol!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

So, the door strips arrived today.

Not quite as I'd hoped, as two left hand side ones arrived! lol (one being for a 5dr model too) so I'm going to have to keep looking for those. :dead:

5375793679_88582111bb_z.jpg

I'm also at the point where I'd like to order the Oreca exhaust, however, I'm not 100% sure on the 2 1/4" bore size.

I don't want to order it if it's going to be restrictive for the JMS intake and stop it reaching it's full potential, as a lot of aftermarket systems seem to favour 2 1/2".

I've stuck a thread up about it in the engine/gearbox/exhausts/etc section of the forum in the hope of some help :eek: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?555770-Group-N-Exhaust-Bore

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I'm assuming your sending the strips back?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Ah so your going the same route as I am with mine.... Im all paid up for the RS2 deposit, just waiting a booking date from Tom.

I was thinking about the Oreca system to replace my Supersport Stealth, but I run a 182 Manifold and was not sure if the Oreca would fit with a Ktec Link pipe

Ollie's Silver Cup

why the black strips?

I saw a few cup racers with them and liked the contrast, thought they looked pretty good :)

Ah so your going the same route as I am with mine.... Im all paid up for the RS2 deposit, just waiting a booking date from Tom.

I was thinking about the Oreca system to replace my Supersport Stealth, but I run a 182 Manifold and was not sure if the Oreca would fit with a Ktec Link pipe

Yeah, I decided on the JMS RS2 in the end! The more I read about it, the more it seemed a really really good alternative to 'bodies. That cool, are you a part of the group buy?

I'd assume the Oreca would fit with a K-Tec link pipe, have you spoken to K-Tec?

Regarding the bore size of the Oreca group N...I've seen people using the omp group N, which I'm assuming also shares the 2 1/4" bore size, on throttle bodied engines and seeing strong results.