ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

Was everything you used in the polishing kit you bought?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Was everything you used in the polishing kit you bought?

Yes mate. The kit included the DAS-6 polisher, compounding pad, polishing pad, finishing pad, course compound polish, fine compound polish. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Returned home from work this afternoon to find my AD08's have been delivered. :D

5693359392_8190189676_z.jpg

5692790783_a183b10cf0_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

There's still a little bit of life in my Parada's yet, but these were on special offer from blackcircles/tesco tyres.

So, I thought I may as well get them now and have them ready.

1276 tesco clubcard points from them too ;) :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Hoping they'll be very good.

From comments/reviews I've read, it seems they're in another league to the Parada's, which tbh I've been really happy with! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I got them from Tesco tyres, however, the price has gone up slightly from when I ordered (Wednesday night) :S

Very good service, as it's just through black circles, but with clubcard points.

I paid £312 for the 4 tyres :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Those tyres look good, hopefully they won't have side Walls made out of cheese like the spec-2's (I'm too use to R888' steel sidewall)

Ph1 172

I must admit im loving this thread! Ive currently got a ph1 172 and cannot decide wether to sell up and get a ph2 or just cam it.. I think i need dodo in my life aswell..Car looks awesome

Ollie's Silver Cup

Those tyres look good, hopefully they won't have side Walls made out of cheese like the spec-2's (I'm too use to R888' steel sidewall)

The AD08's have steel sidewalls :)

Looking forward to using them tbh.

cant wait for the rs2 to arrive. been following this thread since i joined.

Should be this morning. :evil:

I must admit im loving this thread! Ive currently got a ph1 172 and cannot decide wether to sell up and get a ph2 or just cam it.. I think i need dodo in my life aswell..Car looks awesome

Thanks! :)

If you were going down the cammed route, you could consider the JMS RS2 intake also.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sadly, no delivery this morning :( probably with it being Saturday.

Assuming it was collected from JMS yesterday as planned, hopefully it'll arrive Monday. :)

Fiesta ST-3

Have you used a machine polisher before mate? Just wondering, because I'm interested in the same kit that you bought and your results look goooooood!

love the car btw and with a RS2 will be epic :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

I get post on sat & Sunday sometimes! Very weird.

Tom said he''ll track it and let me know when he has a chance :)

Have you used a machine polisher before mate? Just wondering, because I'm interested in the same kit that you bought and your results look goooooood!

love the car btw and with a RS2 will be epic :)

No, I've never used one before.

I followed the guide over on detailing world (very comprehensive, explaining and showing every step).

Basically, it tells you to start with as light a polish/pad combination as possible and work up until you get the combination that works best.

Bummer when that happens :(

Yep! Suppose it cannot be helped though.

Have to say, Tom pulled out all the stops to get my kit finished and assembled over the last couple of days. The purple bolts I asked for threw up a bit of a nightmare; after considering the options and deciding what to do, Tom sorted it very fast and efficiently. Brilliant service. :cool:

On another note, reversing down my mates drive this evening I cracked my carbon splitter; the drive was a bit too steep for the cup :dapprove:

Would the full pre-prep carbon one from steamline be more durable than the K-Tec ones?

I was just going to order a new K-Tec one in the week, but if steamline ones will be more durable, maybe I'll go for one of them instead. :)

Sorry it hasn't arrived today mate, I would track it if I was at the workshop; when I find out more I will let you know.

Clio Sport 16V 1.2L

Thats one bang tidy motor mate, not jealous in any way lol.
11/10 :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sorry it hasn't arrived today mate, I would track it if I was at the workshop; when I find out more I will let you know.

No worries, mate. I appreciated you taking the time to reply earlier when you wern't at work. :)

I don't think anyone will deny couriers aren't always the most reliable service.

Hopefully they'll bring it on Monday. :)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

looks very nice pal alot of a effort gone into it and money spent. you live a couple doors from a very good friend of mine infact he has my old 16v rallye now. you may once or twice seen one of my cars out front of his.

Ollie's Silver Cup

The rallye looks in fantastic condition; very impressed by it.

I'll keep an eye out for your Clio. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

I don't think any particular person makes a stronger or weaker CF splitter. If it's just scratched it then wet and dry sand it and buff it up with your da. Worked a treat on my splitter

Ollie's Silver Cup
I thought the streamline one was pre-preg moulded, whereas the k-tec was fibreglass covered in carbon. I'll have a look into it.

It's actually cracked it; it's taped up for now! Haha!

Evo 5 RS

Olly, what pads are you running at the moment? I'm planning on getting some made up. You have the superlite calipers correct?

Ph2 172 MB 77/468

on my clio

i used a medium compund pad, with a swirl remover - 3 passes, starting at stage 1 to work it in, stepping up to just over stage 4 till the polish all breaks down

then i used a fine pad and compound for 1 pass, again at stage 1 then upto just over 4 till breakdown.

i spent 45 mins testing pads and compound mixes on a general swirling on my monaco, so hopefully, yours wont be far off that ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

dont hold your breath! hope it dont take much longer mate, cars looking ace!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Olly, what pads are you running at the moment? I'm planning on getting some made up. You have the superlite calipers correct?

I have the midilite calipers :)

These ones, running Ferodo DS2500 pads at the moment.

4927002178_528b974ccd_z.jpg

Probably the best/closest photo I have of the caliper.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not really a big or important decision, but, replacing my damaged splitter...

I'm not sure whether to get another gloss finished carbon splitter, to match my front diamond.

Or, get a matt finished splitter and put the original silver/chrome diamond back on.

Thoughts? :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm certainly swaying towards the standard diamond again at the moment. :approve: