ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint colour for 172 Cup interior trim bits

172 Cup
I'm going to be spraying some small bits for the interior of my 172 cup and I want to match them to the blue bits of the interior, ie the dash strips, clock surrounds and the bottom spoke of the steering wheel....

Has anyone managed to find a good paint match?
Obviously I need a blue, I think its kind of an electric blue really.
A friend of mine suggested a subaru blue?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated

Cheers
Chris

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
D43 Mondial Blue Metalic Blue

Got to a paint match place (professional, not Halfords) and they'll do it for you.

172 Cup
Is it actually Mondial Blue?? As in the exterior colour?
I didnt think it was.

Thanks though for the help, I'll look into mondial blue

Cheers

172 Cup
Cool yeah was hoping to keep the matt finish. May need some laquer on it to protect it though from peeling in the future?

Think I'm gonna go try get it paint matched tomorrow.

Dont worry not doing anything stupid to the interior lol

172 Cup
Yeah i see what you mean, the laquer may leave a bit of a glossy finish?

So how do you mean dry?

Lacquer is meant to be applied 'wet' or in other words, applied in thick coats. If you apply it in very thin coats, then it will give a matte finish. Though how much protection it will give I cant say.

172 Cup
Ahhh I see. Thats good advice cheers.

The protection is questionable though. I'll see how it goes.

Many thanks for the help

172 Cup
Hi mate, which bits are you going to paint? I was thinking about doing the plastic around the gear stick area in my cup, a bit like the v6.

172 Cup
Hi mate, which bits are you going to paint? I was thinking about doing the plastic around the gear stick area in my cup, a bit like the v6.

I'll be painting some new thumbgrips, made from fibreglass. Not much really but should make a nice difference.

The plastic underneath the gearstick sounds good. Get it done and see what its like :)

172 Cup
Did you get the paint matched in the end? If so where??

Hi mate yeah I did.

Just at a local place in Hull where I live. A bodyshop supplies place.

Its actually Mondial blue, the exterior colour. But should give more or less the same finish as the interior hopefully