ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts Stolen **Clio Trophy**

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
This is taken from cliotrophy.co.uk forum.

-----------------------------------------

Had a phone call from a customer earlier to ask how much a drivers Recaro treadline was as there had been stolen. They had un-done the seat from underneath and window smashed and removed from out of the door. Obviously Recaro seats are not complete from Renault and have to be brought in seperate peices which amount to roughly £3500. This was from the Cambridge area. Number I think was 233 so keep your eyes peeled. I have given him other avenues to go down to get a complete Recaro Treadline.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Mental.

Go to wonder though, if you go to all the effort to steal a seat, why not nick the whole car?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im going to guess that the seats dont come with steering locks or immobilisers like the car itself.

Once the seat is unbolted im guessing it will take no more than a min or so to get it out the smashed window.

182 Trophy
They did try to take the passenger seat as 2 of the bolts was missing and loose so maybe got scared before they could take that too. I found it extremely hard just to even get to the bolts that hold the seat it so must have known what they was doing.

Does anyone know if you can get locking seat bolts yet?

I'm already getting clear security film put on my windows. This sort of thing seems to be happening A LOT more often. Thieves are going after all sorts of seats, including the £3K sets you get in S-Line Audis!!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
c**ts...

Similar thing happened to this guys Audi RS3, including pinching his rare Suede wheel.

file.jpg

file.jpg

Link

1.2 clio dynamique
i think the police need to start bringing some of the old punishments, stuff like this is getting far too common now.

so what area are we looking out for? also do the seats not fit any other cars? like a weld bodge job or something?

also they could have flogged it on ebay for someone that needs one recaro seat...

but seriously, people need to sort themselves out.

I don't understand why people steal, I couldn't even think about doing it, as I have morals.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
why did the alarm not go off??

and it must have been someone who knew something about clios, to know where the bolts to take the seats out are!!

so id be looking at any owners of modded clios in the area.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Fcuking hell, resourceful scum.

What's next? A yozza? 5 years' time and I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't worked out a way to nick a whole bloody engine.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Look good but you'd need to be Matty Rhino Upton to get comfy in the bast*rds.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Crazy, I thought that the exhaust heat shield covered at least the 2 inner bolts on each seat.... And there was me thinking it was bad to steal the lines on train tracks...... Desperate :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I read that and I did laugh a little..

Bit of a shame really...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Wouldnt be hard to steal the seats out of any clio, just thankful my alarm is extra sensitive.

Audi A5
Best Keep an eye on ebay for the next couple months then! Probably see a set come up local and then bang! You got the c**ts

Crazy, I thought that the exhaust heat shield covered at least the 2 inner bolts on each seat.... And there was me thinking it was bad to steal the lines on train tracks...... Desperate :(
alot of places wont take rail... your better off with the over head lines if you can disconnect the 25k volts before tackling them as theyre pure copper.. on a serious note theres sum right scummy f**kers about but the markets obviously there or it wouldn't happen

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
They probably saw 200mph's advert for them recaros and thought they must be worth £1500 lol how wrong they were.

Also check for them being advertised from an R26 megane.