ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people with xenon headlamps on their 172/182s, what bulbs do you use?

hallooo! I'm probably gunna grab a pair of black insert xenons next week to wack on my non sport and would just like to get an idea of which bulbs you guys recommend and that are legal also at a reasonable price! I'm pretty clueless on this stuff although it's probably pretty straight forward haha.

Side lights - I've got Ice white/blue LED for them so that's covered.

Normal lights - ???
High beam - ???

Your help would be appreciated. cheers!

bg182ff
If it didnt have xennons fitted from the factory bud its now not legal to fit them/ you cant just fit the xennons you need to fit washer jets/piping/pump too ;)

As from what Dan said, Mine passed its MOT after retro fitting them to a non-sport no piping/jets/pump.

It passed at a 'strict' MOT centre too

I'd be interested in what high beam bulbs' other people use as mine is on the yellow side of the white spectrum.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Dipped beam i have d2s 6000k bulbs from hids4u
Main beam i have h7 osram nightbreaker plus

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As from what Dan said, Mine passed its MOT after retro fitting them to a non-sport no piping/jets/pump.

It passed at a 'strict' MOT centre too

I'd be interested in what high beam bulbs' other people use as mine is on the yellow side of the white spectrum.

Unavoidable tbh. Just whack a set of Nightbreakers in, they complement the HIDs nicely IMO.

Impreza Wagon
From memory standard fit is around 4500k and let off a small amount of blue light. I'm not a fan of the 6000K+ bulbs as they take away the oem look.