ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Turbo winter project

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Also managed to snap the fuel filler off!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
All that update and they are the worst update pics!!

That's some work changeover on the engine though bud. At least you know what the issues are to rectify them.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
All that update and they are the worst update pics!!

That's some work changeover on the engine though bud. At least you know what the issues are to rectify them.
Yeah pictures aren't the best lol, will be arranging a photo shoot with a mate once I'm happy with how the car looks though.

Yeah I'm almost tempted to rip the whole thing out and start again lol

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Also what do people think about the wheels?

Keep the 2118's

Or

Get my f1's powercoated silver for a more oem look

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Bit the bullet and ordered the pure motorsport exhaust. The quality is unreal, well worth the premium over a ktec/similar system I'd say.

Went for the straight through system with only the rear silencer and the pipe sticking out.

20160909_154244.jpg
20160909_154240.jpg

Going to fit it tomorrow and hopefully get the gopro out and record what it sounds like!

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
So the exhaust is now fitted, much quieter and drives much nicer now that the down pipe has all 5 bolts holding it onto the turbo, not sure how it was noticeably blowing but I could wiggle it with my hand!

Found yet more issues with the car.. Its starting to piss me off a little as so much of it has been bodged, my own fault really for not viewing it properly when I brought it I guess.

Had a brake pad fall out because the previous owner thought that £15 euro carpart pads would be suitable for a 280bhp clio. Now fitted my 4 pots off the old car and can enjoy the car properly now that I actually have consistent brakes.

The bottom gearbox mount onto the subframe didn't have a bolt on it which when bolted up cured the shuddering when pulling off which I had assumed was the clutch. The car was also sold with vibra engine and gearbox mounts and there is a receipt for both and an invoice for fitting from clioturbo, however when removing the battery the gearbox one is just a standard Renault one, so yeah another bodge/lie to add to the list.

Oh and no grommet protecting the wiring and air pipe for the map sensor though the bulk head so yet another issue which needs rectifying. To be honest I can see why people think these conversions are unreliable when they've been thrown together like this. Just to clarify this car was only converted a year ago and has done about 5k miles since the conversion.

So yeah the cars been a bit of a nightmare since I brought it but I'm slowly getting through it all and even manged to give it a quick machine Polish with car pro essence which has made a vast improvement just not got rid of a lot of the swirls so going to go again with something harder hitting next time.
Few rubbish pictures again, going to do a proper photo shoot with a mate soon and record the exhaust noise with a go pro too because it sounds epic now!
20160918_124459.jpg
20160918_124514.jpg
20160918_114801.jpg
20160912_174333.jpg
20160910_131544.jpg
IMG_20160925_194413.jpg
20160924_120648.jpg
20160924_155345.jpg
20160921_132901.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Fantastic work! Absolutely love it, front end looks mental with the intercooler on show :blush: Only thing bugging me is the tango side repeater lenses 🙈

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Fantastic work! Absolutely love it, front end looks mental with the intercooler on show :blush: Only thing bugging me is the tango side repeater lenses 🙈

Cheers! I was thinking of painting the intercooler black but think I'll leave it as it contrasts the front quite well. Must admit looking back through the pictures the side repeaters do stand out now lol

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I would leave the side repeaters as is and be spraying the intercooler black. Possibly also get some black mesh in the front bumper to protect the IC?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Can't belive how long this car has been off the road for now! Should finally be getting an Mot on it in the next few weeks then get some track days going on it.

I've had the shell stored for years as it's in really good nick with very good sills and recently been putting all the bits from my brothers one as the shell was too rusty to save

Current spec

Megane 225 engine
Garrett 2560rs turbo
Mishimoto Intercooler
Motec oil cooler

Adaptronic Ecu with custom loom to completly remove Renault ecu (clocks ect all still work though) efi mapped to 300bhp/ftlb

R26 LSD gearbox

Pure motorsport exhaust with flexi to replace the crap Renault joint and downturned tip

AST Coilovers
Northloop roll centre hubs
Strengthened wishbones with bearings
Epas conversion

Polybushed rear beam with pure roll bar

Saftey devices rear cage
Recaro pole potion seats

Small battery mounted behind passenger seat

Reveltronics gauge / trip computer mounted in original clock screen

Pro race 1.2 with Avon wets (won't be staying red!)

Bronze Pro race 1.2 with Dunlop derrenza

Brembo calipers on standard size disc with ds3000 pads - pbs on the rear

I'm terrible with pictures but here's what I've got so far..

20230115_153900.jpg
20230115_143407.jpg
20230115_132139.jpg
20230104_154809.jpg
20230104_154802.jpg
20221222_132733.jpg
IMG-20221206-WA0000.jpg
20221113_120724.jpg

Will see how i get on with it over the next few months as I've also got a meagne 250 engine, BorgWarner EFR 6758, and link fury ecu waiting to be used which should see a comfortable 350bhp but may have to be a toss up between keeping this and my e46 m3 so very torn currently!